ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Glance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When does the error came out? Saving the new room? What does the error say?

Rey

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It popped after i hit write rom with changes,ill check what it said.Well i just did it right now may 24 7:44 and the error didnt show up this time.But i still dont get the part with the project and rooms thing.''I dont get the save to project rooms part.Shows that you must write a name and the arrow on top doesent let me choose anything,so im stuck there for now''.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the "Save as project+rooms" just write a name and click 'Save project to folder'.
The arrow is for selecting a project you saved before, it will overwrite it and use the directories you used for it (for project files and base rom).

Rey

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

would you prefer to make me a new folder and also...........said i couldent save it cause ''out of memory'' Another thing,when i went to save,says uh folder chose but then like to choose the rom.Getting me more and more

Shocked Surprised Confused

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Somewhat ontopic, check this out Rey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeNDdwxLMFk

Rey

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried putting the original version up,but i had no idea what i was doing.Still very bad ass.Have you tried the other?

Rey

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My junk came out like this

the floor was still brown cause i didnt change it yet,and the bottom and top of the pillars were brown.

Rey

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
When does the error came out? Saving the new room? What does the error say?
The error im having now is [Not 1173/1F8B0800]

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Occasionally a ROM corrrupts, you might need to reimport image, or start ROM over if can't find wrong one.

Rey

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5WcXA5YEwE

Came out good.
Thankyou Sogun!

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad it came out well Wink

Rey

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So about the injections,how do i this.I would save the rom,quick convert,then i would i inject that to the textures rom?

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you create a setup you end up with a file named something like UsetupcrypZ.bin, right? This is the file you have to inject to the ROM through the 21990 Modifications Menu.

File -> Tools -> 21990 (GE) Modifications
A new window will pop up after a few seconds.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/GE_21990_modifications.png

1. Click on 'Choose ROM' and load the rom with the greyscaled textures you created before. This will take a few seconds.
2. Select 'Stage options'. I forgot to put a number, but right below 'Stage options' navigate through the flag and select 'OC - Egypt'.
3. Click on this rectangle, that will change number 4 to the right file you are going to replace (the old Egypt setup with your own). Mmmm there's a Briefing too, not sure how that works or if it's needed.
5. Press on 'Inject Files and Upd Tables', then navigate and select your setup file (UsetupcrypZ.bin or whatever it's called). That will inject temporary your setup in the rom.
6. Click on 'Write ROM with 21990 Mods' and select a ROM to save your changes or create a new one. Just keep the .ROM extension or it won't work.
7. Just in case a messages pops ups after step 6 saying "there's not enought space. Delete debug data" or something like that, press on 'Delete Debug Data (and J text)" and do step 6 again. That will work.

As you can see, you can inject/change separate files into the ROM through the 21990 menu (background, clipping, setup, sky settings, music, etc). It's a very usefull feature although intimidating at first.

In 'Model Datails' there are the options to replace the midi files. I don't remember exactly how that worked and I don't have time now to see it. But I remember it was intuitive (select the tune you want to replace and then import midi or something like that).

Rey

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where in between these steps would i mod the fog.Before injecting files or after? or does it even matter?

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't matter. You can do it between whenever you want after loading the ROM (step 1) and writing a new one, obviously.
You can also inject the setup, write the new ROM, close Editor, reopen it, load the new ROM, change fog settings and save changes again as many times as you want (same with music, new setups, etc).
Do all changes at once, or try the ROM after avery change if you feel like it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: