ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Glance
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rey

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Goldeneye Glance Reply with quote Back to top

Im going to be starting something called Goldeneye Glance or GG.
I havent gotten many comments on things iv done other then its hard or cool,the simple stuff.GG is something im going to do,its a video showing screen shots of levels or whatever im doing.At the moment i wont be doing it because i still have a problem releasing my level that i finished way back.But ill even except little request of levels anyone would like me to make a level out of.Im not to good doing multi's but i can try.
First video of GG should be out on Friday or Saterday.

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah me too. Also email me so we can figure out what's wrong and finish your level.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am looking forward for this Ray. I also hoping to see some muti levels from you. If you ever feel like doing one.

Rey

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
I am looking forward for this Ray. I also hoping to see some muti levels from you. If you ever feel like doing one.
Umm who is Ray? No matter but today i should be starting on these planned levels im mine.

Rey

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well this sucks,apparently my computer were i have my emulation and make levels has a virus.Im using the dang laptop now.This virus was clearly not by me because i never used it this hole week.But this means i might have long time before i fix that dang level,and my the Goldeneye Glance to be shown.I pray that i get on it now and try to fix it.It has a harddrive picture on the were the tabs are.Dont know,anyone think they know,please do tell.
UPDATE::::I fixed it haha,not even i virus,my momma over reacts to everything.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey wrote:
EternallyAries wrote:
Umm who is Ray? No matter but today i should be starting on these planned levels im mine.

Ah miss type it. I ment Rey. I was in a hurry that day.

Anyway glad that you fix the virus. Also wondering if you got any pictures your gonna load up here soon. I want to see what you got done so far.

Rey

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first GG is ready for your eyes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Jbafr5wfk&feature=youtu.be

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fun stuff.

Rey

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2_kagIchc

Please read correctly dont assume things that may not be true.

Last edited by Rey on Tue May 22, 2012 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Rey

Changing textures into grey is quite easy.

-Open Egyptian level on Visual Editor.
-Change to 'Edit Room Positions' mode and do ctrl+H (this will prevent you from accidentally move the rooms)
-Right-click on a triangle with the texture you want to change and select 'Replace Triangle/Group texture/Details'.
-A new window will appear. You have to remember the texture ID. There's a field in the top of the window that says 'Replace:', that's the texture ID (for example, the floor tiles in Egyptian have ID 0195).
-Write down all the texture IDs you want to change.

-Now do 'Tools' -> 'Image tools'. A new window will pop up after a few seconds with all the GE textures in it.
-Search for the textures you want to change (there's a 'goto' feature on the left side that will help you find them). Right-click on texture and 'Save bitmap'. Store the all the BMP files in a known folder.

-Now edit the textures with an outside program. As you only need grey versions of the textures, saving them again as grayscaled should work. In order to inject the new textures to the rom they need to be BMP files with less than 255 colours. I'd recomend Irfanview to do all these edits.
-In Infarview, open the texture BMP. Go to 'Image' -> 'Decrease Color Depth...'. Select Custom and make it 254 colours, check 'Make grayscale image' and press OK.
-Save your new greyscaled textures in a known folder. These are the files you are going to inject to the rom.

-Open Editor and then 'Tools' -> 'Image Tools'. Now you can go the easy way (replacing greyscaled textures in originals and no further work); or the tricky way (add the new textures to the end of the rom, go back Egyptian and change the texture IDs, save the map and inject the new Background file to the rom).
-EASY WAY: right-click on the texture you want to replace, then 'Replace Image' and select the greyscaled BMP.
-Once you have replaced all textures press 'Write new ROM with changes' and create a new ROM (this one will be the base rom for your project).
-TRICKY WAY: on the left side press 'Add colour image to the End of ROM' then select the greyscaled textures you have created (not sure if we prepared the files so they can be added as greyscaled but it shouldn't really matter). Add one texture at a time.
-Once you have added all textures press 'Write new ROM with changes' and create a new ROM (this one will be the base rom for your project).
-Open Egyptian on Visual Editor, then 'save as project+rooms' and choose the new base rom.
-Reload the project, go to 'Edit Room Positions' mode, do ctrl+H, rightclick on a tri with a texture you want to change, select 'Replace Triangle/Group texture/Details' and in the 'With' flag select your greyscaled texture (go to the end of the list).
-After you have changed all the textures, 'save as project+rooms' again. -'Tools' -> '21990 Modification Menu' (wait some secs). Load the rom with the added textures.
-Go to 'Stage Options', select '0C - Egypt'. Then press the rectangle placed on the right side where it says 'BG File'
-Press the button that says 'Inject File and Upd Tables'. Search for the bg.bin file that is inside your project folder (the one you created with the replaced textures)
-Now click on 'Write ROM with 21990 Mods' and save the rom (you can overwrite the rom you just loaded). If an error message pops up don't worry. Click on 'Delete Debug data (an J text)' and try to write the rom again (it should work now). Use this rom as base for you project.

This should do all the work BUT GE levels have lots of coloured vertices and making textures greyscaled might not be enough. If you see funny colours in the map then you'll have to re-colour vertices, and that's far more work than changing textures.
If you have to recolour vertices use the tools described in this threath -> http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=5539
Save the project with the rom you have created as base and don't forget to inject the BG file via the 21990 menu with your last changes.

If someone wants to add/correct something on my explanation feel free to do it.

Good luck.

Last edited by Sogun on Tue May 22, 2012 5:36 am; edited 2 times in total

Rey

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dang...im looking at right now and i cant even see/tell were the ID is.Im sorry but easy...naaaw not for me.Im to stupid to do some expert stuff like that.If i manage to even change Texture i might end up messing up the setup and the rom itself,and anything else.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps this image will help
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/GE_Editor_replacing_textures-1.jpg

Last edited by Sogun on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:55 am; edited 3 times in total

Rey

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok i see,it said replace so i didnt think id be the ID.Ill try to get on it again today.Oh for everytime i change a texture to grey,will the texture ID change.Am i supposed to see something after ctrl H?

Rey

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK i wrote every texture i wanted which is everything except the water in the one room.But while searching,how can i tell if the texture is the one i want,does it say if i click the image or something?Also when you say save to a known folder,would the original,GEEdit2 work were all the setups are and such?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: