ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

WA's Hacks: Aim Down Sights In PD (Need coding help)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: WA's Hacks: Aim Down Sights In PD (Need coding help) Reply with quote Back to top

While I love PD one thing I never got was why some guns had sights when you couldn't use them, I figured they were just for show but I thought screw it I'll try and make em work. So I did...

Well not quite yet but with your help it could be possible. Here's the basic coding I came up with using the Weapon Creation FAQ.
Aim Down sights with falcon 2
D109C7E4 0010 <- Activator "Press R"
8106B754 3F00 <-Move Falcon 2 Position to "Center" (Closest I can get)
D109C7E4 0000 <-Activator "When no buttons are pressed"
D106B754 3F00 <- Code activator "When value is set at this"
D109C7E4 0000 <-Activator "No buttons are pressed"
8106B754 4110 <-Set the falcon 2 back to it's original position.

I've made a variant for nearly every weapon and some work out very nicely but others do not, What I really need is a vertical position modifier (For at least one gun I can find the rest myself) So that the guns "sights" line up with the aimer/Crossair.

To take it up a notch add on the ability to move forward Backward and Strafe left and right while aiming and it'd be perfect but as a novice hacker I have no idea how I'd do that Embarassed

There are also a few other issues that I'm not sure how to fix...
-The Laser's position can't be brought back to it's original point (Goes right)
-Multiple players wont be able to ADS and their weapons will change position if Player 1 does. To fix this I was thinking of changing it to an aiming based activator rather than a button based but that is also beyond my abilities.
- Some guns wont center the K7 Avenger especially.
-Double weapons looks really weird while aiming, maybe an extra code to disable Centering while having 2x guns would fix it, if I knew how.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Without actually looking at a save state or memory editor, these should be the on-screen positioning codes for the Falcon 2...

8106B754 XXXX : X Position (Left/Right)
8106B758 XXXX : Y Position (Up/Down)
8106B75C XXXX : Z Position (Forward/Back)

So, all you need to do is add 4 onto the X Position of any gun to get the Y. Just add 4 more onto that and you'll get the Z. That should work for every gun, so long as the original X Position you're using is correct.

Also, I don't think two or more activator type codes in a row work properly together. I remember trying that years ago for something, but it didn't function right. Maybe you've had better luck than I with that.

Since the codes affect the positioning of the weapon on-screen, it will cause the weapon to move for all players participating. I don't think there is a way around that.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry to ask. But where your words in that post. Shocked

I have never seen a blank post before in my life.

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wow what a wierd glitch The text is there when I go to "Edit" but the message itself is blank here's what I said:

"Thanks Wreck that's exactly what I needed but there is a problem; the same problem that affects the X positioning code. The Y only moves the gun upward if I try to move it downward it hits the 3F80 wall and wont move anymore. It's also like that with the Z position, it only moves back. What is odd is that even at the lowest position it's still higher than where the gun is normally held. Do you think there's a separate set of codes to handle the Downward Y position and forward Z position?"

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You might want to try a value between BF80 and C400. That's into the negative positioning, and should give you more results to play with.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, the negative values worked wonders, I'm nearly complete with the coding, I just have the Ar53, Laser, and RC-P45 to go, one issue I've ran into though is the sway that Joanna has when aiming, it's really noticeable when up close, Unfortunately I can't find A way to nullify it while aiming at the moment.

There's also the move while aiming thing, It'd be a really neat thing to get working, but I don't think there would be a way without breaking the Crouching command. I do want to figure out how to shift positions with the Ar34 use scope mode though.

oldyz

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He,he you are trying to make "iron-sights" codes

without the original values of the gun positions it is a pain to "guestimate" the numbers -
there is also the problem that Wreck mentioned.

to be able to walk while aiming down the sights , you will need to use a dual analogue setup like this: http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=35885#35885

analogue 1 strafe/walk
analogue 2 aim/look
OR
Analogue 1 aim/look
Analogue 2 strafe/walk

or single analogue aim/look (turok mode)

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The double activators thing has worked flawlessly with the weapon repositioning codes as of yet so it's not a problem I've had to deal with. In fact the repositioning codes were pretty close to the original values before a glitch happened and I had to start over. It's not a problem though but I haven't had the time to bring em back. Plus when close up the sway factor makes it seem like Joanna has arthritis I really wish I could figure out how to disable it.

I actually have it all planned out and it does involve a sort of dual analogue (though technically one analogue and the C-buttons since I'm working with original N64 style controls) The way I did it (with mixed results) is when the player presses the "R" button the controls switch to control style 1.2 while aiming and switches back when R is released. Basically it's dual analogue only when aiming mainly due to the fact I like it that way Razz. The control switching works flawlessly.

What doesn't work at all though is I wanted to disable Perfect Dark's Aiming, so I can implement my own AR34 "USE SCOPE" based aiming I actually figured out how to hack the values that turn on when aiming, and tried to disable them. Unfortunately when disabled the movement shifts between Aiming Mode and free to walk mode. I've worked for hours with artmoney but still it happens.

I also can't for the life of me figure out how Use Scope works, it seems to swap between three or four sets of position related values but damn it's a tricky thing to figure out, but if I can (and figure out how to disable traditional aiming) it'll be as close as possible to real Iron Sights.

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Olllo here:

the actualhacking of the controller configuration is a very good idea -
check out the codes for the scoped falcon and you might get an idea for the AR

Also - the values for positions and zooms are better documented for Goldeneye (i checked months ago , but the links are in a now dead machine...)

if you get stuck making the codes for PD, try doing some for GE -

ABOUT the sway -
back at the xbox forums , an user called Mrterrible or so mentioned that the CMP150 (i think) looses the swaying animation in secondary mode
(was it the sway or the gun accelaration animation -the "gun drag" when look aiming)
either way check all guns in secondary mode ot see any changes in animations or the sway.....

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Huh well Oldyz I really didn't expect to fix the sway but I'll look into the values related to secondary functions.
Here's what I've been able to hack so far:
-Repositioning digits based on "R"
-Controller Settings Modifier

Unfortunately my main problem (and it's a BIG one) is I can't disable the standard aiming routine with "R" I'm using the artmoney+Project 64 Hacking method, and in my unknown value search I end up getting around 90 lines of code that even when I force them to be off it still flickers on and off (The crossair is completely gone but the movement locking mode still activates. I haven't found a way around it and it's halted my progress.

I'm not that familiar with Goldeneye hacking actually, I might try porting the codes over to GE if I can ever get the aim disable code to work.

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay update on my project here, I've been able to hack what values determine the "Aiming" command the problem is It wont let me permanently disable the command, I set every line of code to be set to 0000 (the value it has when you aren't aiming) but for some reason it randomly rewrites the value 0010 (the aiming value) even when I force the value to stay at 0000...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: