ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

I finally did it!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: I finally did it!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Finally Very Happy. I NEVER EVER was able to beat Aztec on 00 Agent, it took me forever to finally be able to complete it on secret. But, I finally did it. I never was able to do the short cut, so that made it a lot harder. However, I finally beat the bloody bastard today. I was even thinking about aborting because I got shot up a little bit near the armor, and basically wasted it all on the drone guns and guards. I feel special now! I finally was able to beat the whole game legitly!

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Saberier
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations! Very Happy

GE/PD rules!!!

Galbadia Hotel for all your video game music needs: http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=16600

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats, Aztec 00 was hard as hell for me too. I had tried like fifteen times in a row, then came back to it another day and beat it a heart-pounding first time. I could never do no shortcut either, the only thing close to cheating I did was go straight up to Jaws so he couldnt shoot me, lol.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

D'oh. Aztec any difficulty for me crushed me emotionally. I mailed a couple letters to Rare about it. I didn't feel dropping down to the lower walkway made the level possible to clear. I was a dunce and didn't see the secret passage way! Okay, but without using the Jaws glitch, please finish the level using the lower walkway. Remember have fun! I didn't so I hope you do!!

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jaws is easy, with the laser just shoot him till hye twitches when shot, then take him out. He didn't shoot me once! The thing about dropping down th walkway is the fact that you leave all of the drone guns there, and its a lot harder to take them out when trying to deal with infinite guards with 1 or 2 lasers.

Edit: One of the hardest parts I found was the first room. Rushing out ment I would get shoot at least twice. I found it much easier to shoot the 1 guard on the right, then wait for the other guards to throw grenades, then run out and kill them. Another real pain is the 4 laser guards behind the crates in the drone gun room, plus the drone gun on the back right. I found that shooting thru the crates and using the laser worked wonders there. Oh and another thing, hide and take care of the laser guards that come thru the door when you are trying to reprogram the launch data, it is so much easier then trying to evade there shots!

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yea, on AGENT I tried dropping down the level, here were the results. IT IS HARD AS HELL. The guards have the advantege because you have to naviagte thru all the twists and turns. The guards in Jaws' room see you, so does he, they get the first shoots. He himself is still very easy tho. I shot out 2 of the drone guns and ran across the DG room. When I got to the launch room the door closed in my face and I hhad to turn back and face infinite guards and the other 2 drone guns. I made it to the bay opening computer and was so out of health, I had to abort. It makes the level about 2X as hard!

The Extremist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've spent the last week trying to fully complete GE from beginning to end. Cool

I just unlocked Aztec today, and even on Agent it feels impossible. Sad

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Aztec Complex is easily the most difficult mission to complete on any mode in the whole game. After playing the stage for ten seconds, you'll understand why they call the guards 'Elite'. Their aim and accuracy is unmatched by anyone else in GoldenEye. If you don't know what you're doing, you could get killed in one of the first two rooms by the assault rifle weilding sentries. Even if you do make it through the area, you'll have to contend with drone guns and lasers. There's only one body armour available, so you'd better make it count. Without using the computer console to reveal the secret passage way, you're going to put yourself in a very tough situation. Jaws is big, strong and carries double AR33's. He can be tricky, but he's certainly not invincible. It's all about taking your time, watching your back and conserving ammunition. The scope on the rifle will help tremendously as you attempt to take out the drones. But since ammo is scarce in Double-O Agent, using the Military Laser on your enemies is highly recommended. This is one hell of a hard mission, which makes it all the more rewarding when you complete it.

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
It's all about taking your time, watching your back and conserving ammunition.

Actually ammo conservation isn't that bad. First off, have fun blasting away with your PP7, because after the first 2 rooms, it ain't worth crap. Also, the incredibly powerful moonraker laser don't have infinite ammo for nothin, so use it!!!

Off topic: I have to say another beast of a level on 00 Agent is Bunker 2. I was able to beat it when I was like 12 but god damn man, that is rediculously hard for the 9th mission! Look at statue and surface 2... they are jokes!

Back on topic: Aztec has A LOT of cover, use it. USE THE FORCE, the force of the moonraker! It will be your salvation my sons! There are 2 glitches to exploit with the 8 foot lug, the "HE CAN'T SHOOT OVER STAIRS AND THERE IS A SQUARE STAIRCASE THAT YOU CAN WIND AROUND RUNNING AND BLAST AT HIM FOR DAYS AND HE CAN'T SHOOT YOU GLITCH", and the "HIS ARMS ARE SO GOD DAMN BIG AND LONG, IF YOU RUN RIGHT UP TO HIM HE CAN'T EVEN SHOOT AT YOU SO BLAST HIM IN THE FACE WITH THAT LASER OF YOURS YOU GOT THERE!" glitch. Both work very well when dealing with guards. Next, grenades are good, if a guard pulls out a grenade DO NOT RUN AWAY! First off, kill him and get his grenade, he does not shoot when he is throwing a grenade and he is so slow, you can take him out easy. Wa La, free grenade (OMG WOW NO WAY, YOU ARE A GENIOUS PTB:D). You would be surpries at how many people run away screaming when they see a guard pull somthing out of their jacket!

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I havent played Aztec in awhile since I beat it, but I remember I had to use a lot of cover and strategy, and do it all nearly flawlessy. Off the top of my head:

Sidestep out and kill both guards to your left and hide behinf the pole. Take out the other two quickly before you get nailed by a gun or grenade. Open the door, but be at its corner, sniping out the guys. Shoot and cause a distraction so a couple morons come running at you, nail'em. Advacne carefully, take out the one behind the crates to your right, use the pillar as cover to take out the left. Advace to the next door, blow up a screen and get the morons to come running. Advance inside to your left to make sure the guy in the last separation is not there, if he is, kill him. Advance. Snipe the guys down the hallway with precision, and they wont be too alarmed. Be aware of extra guys when you reach the end of the hallway. Blow up a computer, wait in the shaft for a couple guys, take out the drone guns and retrieve the armor if you need it. Advance to near the end of the shaft, take out the drone gun slighly to your right from within the shaft. Advance carefully and do the same with the drone gun to your immediate right through the grate. Sidestetp run to the other side to your left for cover. Snipe out the guys and drone guns from right to left, but be aware of guys comin out your current side grate. Advance, distract Jaws from the end entrance, then fall back. Advance to the other entrance to that hallway, the crak in the wall, and wait for Jaws. Go up right in his face and blow him away, time is precious, so you might not wanna use lasers at all (I definetley didn't, AR33s man!) get his smart card and run back to the black hallway. (I forget, you may have to open the bay doors or soemthing to do it) Do the thing as quickly as possible.

From this point, there are unlimited guys (If I remember correctley) So once you complete the objective, RUN LIKE HELL. Knock heads off as run toward the next objective, the mainframe, then the computer. Stay by the computer and wait. Do not stay by the ladder, there is a glitch in which they can shoot right through the concrete there. Wait and snipe. If you last, you have completed the mission. Your heart is pumping abit faster than normal.

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kcghost pretty much has it. I don't mean to brag but I can beat every level pretty consistently especially since 00 is only the level I play on now besides 007.

In the first room you can shoot the guy on the rights pelvis and get him that way but I found out it's much easier to just run out and hide behind the right pole in just the right way to avoid getting hit. You take out the guy on the right and let the grenade take themselves out on the left.

To kill the guys who wait in the next room, you slowly sneak up until you see their elbow and get 'em that way. The hardest part for me is after Jaws.

You'll never know if the moonrakers will come from where the shuttle is or are waiting for you where you get the launch protocol data.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maxout wrote:
You'll never know if the moonrakers will come from where the shuttle is or are waiting for you where you get the launch protocol data.

Mainly, they chase you or they shoot behind you. This is very stressful when you try to launch the shuttle.

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you even read that quote, man? Razz They sometimes appear ahead of you at the control room door. Those bastards are finally realizing how to stay one step ahead of you.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The ladder can also be your worst nightmare.
Because it is so damned long, it's easy to get caught in the line of fire. They have a pretty clear shot at you, which they'll gladly take. If you aren't careful, you could even fall off the side of the ladder before you reach the upper walkway. This could spell disaster with a capital dee. Confused

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At least when you jump from the top before fighting Jaws, you don't sprang your ankle when you land.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: