ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

PD missions?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rey

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: PD missions? Reply with quote Back to top

Why hasent there been any perfect dark missions made.I mean i can really understand cause gaurds talk and do rediclous things.But there actions should be the same.I never tried to run it or make one so i wouldent know to much.Just find it strange only 2 solo missions have been made so far.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope to see more as well! I know 00dark was working on one, and acceptable on another.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can think of three reasons for that.
-First, GoldenEye is just more popular than Perfect Dark.
-Second, PD is more complex than GE and that "scares" people.
-Third, GE is more realistic and it's easier for people to think of new James Bond scenarios. The PD sci-fi universe is very specific, we don't know much about it aside from the missions, so people has to put more effort on background or do spin-off mission like acceptable67.

Rey

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I find perfect dark better.But i havent tried because my computer sucks and cant play PD often.But only thing id find hard is to make a damn cutscene.But other then that i can come up with things for perfect dark easy.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There was only one released, and that was by me, one month ago.

After that I never stopped working on them. I have so many Demo Xdelta's for missions that I developed so far in but never finished: I just run into complications.

My last project was the best: Retaliation/Recovery. Promo pics can be seen here: http://76.123.90.150/Official_Pics/

Scrapped due to action block complications. PM me for setup files/Bins etc.

Click http://goldeneyevault.com/files.php?mode=7 for the level I made. Honestly, I think I could have done a little better job and rushed it a little, but hey, it's a first release (And it was supposed to pave the way for more, but it never happened!!!)

In short:

GE is simpler because it's coding style was near-noobish. PD is complex.

Rey

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well i said 2 cause battlecactus has one.But actions blocks,most can be used from the original game.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey wrote:
Well i said 2 cause battlecactus has one.But actions blocks,most can be used from the original game.

Battlecactus has a PD Mission?

Rey

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah,way back and old he did it.Cetan mission i think he calls it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d1k0cy8kLU
thats the video,but he has codes for em on the bottom.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think PD is actually much harder in terms of setup only, I think it's just more daunting and not as many tutorials (but very analogous). It's also a bit less tolerant of errors, GE can not crash in some errors but PD pretty much always does. But once setup basics it's really the same nearly.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those 77 lines of code is something someone else came up with

That's gamesharking, not mapping lol

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Krijy Made that Deep Sea WAR mod I think, it was rather fun.

I think the main reason is the GE setup editors been around for longer plus the PD editor crashes like the first edition of vista (At least for me). I've planned some levels, but kept loosing all my progress in the middle. Level importing has been impossible for me so far which is a real shame because I like PDs universe a lot and it'd be fun to make some expansions to the story.

Plus the aforementioned lack of tutorials is pretty daunting

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Winter's Assassin wrote:
Krijy Made that Deep Sea WAR mod I think, it was rather fun.

I think the main reason is the GE setup editors been around for longer plus the PD editor crashes like the first edition of vista (At least for me). I've planned some levels, but kept loosing all my progress in the middle. Level importing has been impossible for me so far which is a real shame because I like PDs universe a lot and it'd be fun to make some expansions to the story.

Plus the aforementioned lack of tutorials is pretty daunting

I've offered to create tutorials for PD. They aren't much different from GE's.

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do recall the PD Multi-Solo Tutorial is actually quite useful, and the setup files themselves thanks to the tutorials out there, are pretty easy to set up (Ignoring complex cut scenes) my problems are mostly related to the levels themselves, the setups all fine even the clipping works but the BG files never want load correctly and usually result in some narsty crashes.

There's also very little support for GE-> PD conversions in the editor, at least from what I can gather. It'd be really nice if there could be some GE to PD tutorials made. Right now I just get crashes when I try to do it. (A little off topic I must admit but it could encourage more PD solo missions)

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Winter's Assassin wrote:

There's also very little support for GE-> PD conversions in the editor, at least from what I can gather. It'd be really nice if there could be some GE to PD tutorials made. Right now I just get crashes when I try to do it. (A little off topic I must admit but it could encourage more PD solo missions)

Glad you found my Multi->Solo tutorial useful. It open's a boat load of opportunities for PD level's that didn't exist currently.

GE to PD would be nice, but I think that would spoil what makes Goldeneye: X unique.

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Right now I'm working on a Night Infiltration level. It's Area 51 Infiltration with the exterior rooms (including the radar console and its perimeter hallway) pitch dark. I tested it on my 64drive and all rooms appear to be working as "pitch black" because with the NightVision goggles equipped I was never overloaded with room light anywhere. However, some of the rooms are either massively or slightly lit up. If I send the setup file to someone, can they fix it? this might just evolve into more editing and I'LL DO A FULL AND REAL CUSTOM MISSION out of Infiltration! Mr. Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: