ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Another Glitch...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Another Glitch... Reply with quote Back to top

Man, PD seems to have a few glitches here and there and I have found yet another...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og3XWfUF2yc&feature=youtu.be

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, looks like clipping issue. They might've hit their head, or maybe on each other and then hit head?

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh seen it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Might not be a bad idea to check out that section of clipping with the PD Editor.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would not check it out with the editor, too slow to run on this computer...
If someone else were to and find out the issue, then great. Very Happy

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha that really epic. I don't know how you found that glitch but it epic.

Anyway it might not be a clipping problem at all. It might be how the poly is set as well. If the a poly not made right at all the clipping wont connect to it then. Anyway I might look into this once I get the time to do so.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The clipping in that section is poorly done, so it has to be it. It's odd since other similar parts had the clipping correctly done and it's not like doing it that way will save time or clipping tris.

Background
Clipping
Mix

As you can see in the images there's a hole in that diagonal wall, but probably the distance until the vertical clipping isn't enough to make you fall. Sims probably push themselves a little further; maybe you can also fall if you hit the right spot.

EDIT: Weird, Photobucket removed that last image. It should work now.

Last edited by Sogun on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
The clipping in that section is poorly done, so it has to be it. It's odd since other similar parts had the clipping correctly done and it's not like doing it that way will save time or clipping tris.

Background
Clipping
Mix

As you can see in the images there's a hole in that diagonal wall, but probably the distance until the vertical clipping isn't enough to make you fall. Sims probably push themselves a little further; maybe you can also fall if you hit the right spot.

Third link is broken...
But I get the picture.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Weird. I wonder why they did the clipping as vertical walls, and not slanted like in the actual stage architecture? The least they could have done was fill in the floor, which appears to have a triangular gap in the corner (unless is just black tile). All these weird Sim death glitches in PD's Combat Simulator makes me feel a bit better about some of the random suicides that occur in GE:X.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh Wreck, this is not all, There is one I can fall through myself in Ruins and one in Warehouse that is somewhere around the vents. A few other maps have some too I think.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen a video of Ruins with a player falling out of the map near a door, and also the lift in Grid screwing up and dropping you through the floor. If you have any other specific locations, definitely share with us.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That video with ruins was most likely mine since I did upload a video just to show that.
If I can, I will find the part in Warehouse. Also, there is a piece of clipping in Villa that is slightly off, I do not know if simulants can fall through it, but it is a bit off...

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Warehouse...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s1ItgOWpFI&feature=youtu.be

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see any clipping issues in that spot in Editor. I think that could be related with the height of the Room. Something similar happened to a custom map of mine.

The sim goes from one Room tall enough (the main room) to another shorter than a human being. Then, if somehow the sim manages to enter the catwalk when standing still, its position changes from being above the room to beeing below the room and it falls to the void.
I'm sure Wreckd can explain this better.

You can probably replicate this issue in Area 52, where you enter the catwalks, and Felicity where the height of the catwalks changes.
EDIT: if my guees is right you won't be able to do it in Felicity as this transition from a tall room to a short room doesn't happen.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
I don't see any clipping issues in that spot in Editor. I think that could be related with the height of the Room. Something similar happened to a custom map of mine.

The sim goes from one Room tall enough (the main room) to another shorter than a human being. Then, if somehow the sim manages to enter the catwalk when standing still, its position changes from being above the room to beeing below the room and it falls to the void.
I'm sure Wreckd can explain this better.

You can probably replicate this issue in Area 52, where you enter the catwalks, and Felicity where the height of the catwalks changes.
EDIT: if my guees is right you won't be able to do it in Felicity as this transition from a tall room to a short room doesn't happen.

So if I understand this correctly. Let say I made a level in a 3D editor. all polygons are intact. And all clipping is made right. And one room ceiling is taller then the others. And there a floor down below and a sim on top. If the sims manage to walk on the catwalk on the edge. And halfway touches the edge of the cat walk so that it might fall off to the ground below. It will think the sim on the bottom of the floor instead of the cat walk and he will fall though it to the ground?

Kinda hard to understand since there so much ideas about this clipping glitch. That it confuses me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: