ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Any software to convert MP3 to MIDI??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Any software to convert MP3 to MIDI?? Reply with quote Back to top

I've spent countless hours searching for a way to convert MP3 files to MIDI. I've found two softwares to do the work, but they are paid (and expensive!). Does anybody know a free program to convert MP3 to MIDI, or at least a way to do this?

Bond: Your last chance! Give me the name!!

Lachaise: You still threat me, even without your weapon??

Bond: *BANG!*

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure about conversion..so I record.

Enable, or unhide Stereo Mix (I don't know what to call the method under Win XP) and use Audacity or Goldwave to record

EDIT: MIDI to MP3 !? ..doh

Last edited by mistamontiel on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't even see how this is possible.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just realized what forum this was posted under.

Why MIDI?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:

Why MIDI?

Sometimes MIDI sounds a lot better then the normal MP3 music set. It all depends on what kind of song he trying to convert over to.

Anyway converting a MP3 is able to be done. But I have not done it in years. If I can find the program again ill link you to it.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
acceptable67 wrote:

Why MIDI?

Sometimes MIDI sounds a lot better then the normal MP3 music set. It all depends on what kind of song he trying to convert over to.

Anyway converting a MP3 is able to be done. But I have not done it in years. If I can find the program again ill link you to it.

For anything other than, er, MIDI, FormatFactory.

Has every conversion imaginable.

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MAURO, you can RENDER midi to WAV, MP3 or whatever AUDIO format you want, but the reverse is not possible in the way you expect.

MIDI is like an orchestra score, it tells instruments what notes to play (read below). this, of course results in audio that can be recorded, but the inverse is more akin to voice recognition or image-to-text OCR (Optical Character Recognition) than a format conversion.

A program that attempts recognizing the instruments present and the notes played in a recorded musical track is bound to be extremely complex and the results will be guesswork at best.

Why do you need this? It'd be better to get a musician to transcribe the piece midi to midi for you than chasing this chimera.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcription_(music)#Automatic_transcription

clarification on midi instruments:
home users normally just use wavetables/soundfonts as instrument set. that is, a bunch of sound samples with metadata that imitate the behavior of a real instrument to a certain degree (some are completelly synthetic and don't aim at imitating physical instruments, too). BUT! you can also connect a MIDI cable to some electronic instruments and send MIDI commmands/events from a computer and have it play (or the other way arround, playing sounds on the computer using a midi enabled intrument as user interface). In fact, if you are good with electronics and robotics, you could build a device to play a physical instrument according to MIDI commands...
MIDI is, at it's core, just an events driven protocol geared at music, but can really be used for other things too, like light shows.

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:

Why do you need this?

Er... sorry. Now I forgot if the right is MIDI or MID, or maybe they are the same thing... but whatever! I know this is possible, 'cause there are some softwares to do the work, but they are paid and I'm broken Very Happy

I don't want to convert a "normal" MP3 song, but I have a MP3 file that was originally a MIDI and someone converted to mp3... It still sounds like a MIDI... but.... It's an MP3 Razz er... got it?

acceptable67 wrote:

For anything other than, er, MIDI, FormatFactory.

Has every conversion imaginable.

Yeah, I use aTube catcher and it's the best sound tool ever. But.. no MIDI'S at all.

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

midi to audio is not a conversion but a rendering, the same that happens when a 3d scene is rendered to a 2d bitmap on your screen.
try to get the 3d scene back from that... not that easy right?

there are programs out there that attempt audio to midi, but the perform VERY POORLY, no matter if the input was "converted" from midi.

I bet there are programs that offer a limited trial. try and see just how poor the results are. you are in for a disappointment

http://www.akoff.com/audio-to-midi.html like this one

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
midi to audio is not a conversion but a rendering, the same that happens when a 3d scene is rendered to a 2d bitmap on your screen.
try to get the 3d scene back from that... not that easy right?

there are programs out there that attempt audio to midi, but the perform VERY POORLY, no matter if the input was "converted" from midi.

I bet there are programs that offer a limited trial. try and see just how poor the results are. you are in for a disappointment

http://www.akoff.com/audio-to-midi.html like this one

Ahhh.... now I understood what you said with rendering. But I will test the program anyway, and post my thoughts here thereafter Smile

EDIT: Man, this *hit SUCKS! Only 8 secs. of MIDI, and I can't either save or check the result!! NOT EVEN CHECK THE FINAL RESULT!

Any other software??

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my point is that you can see what happens in these 8 seconds and you'll realize that it doesn't matter if they give you a whole hour, it still sucks.

EDIT: YOU CAN check the final result of these 8 seconds. you have play buttons in the toolbar.

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
my point is that you can see what happens in these 8 seconds and you'll realize that it doesn't matter if they give you a whole hour, it still sucks.

EDIT: YOU CAN check the final result of these 8 seconds. you have play buttons in the toolbar.

I already removed the software times ago. Doesn't matter now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: