GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Talk about your N64 experiences!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Talk about your N64 experiences! Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys.

I have the feeling most of us own (or owned) a Nintendo 64. There are some topics scattered here and there but not much talk about other games than GoldenEye and Perfect Dark.

I want to read about your stories, about the games you liked and hated, the funniest moments, the most memorable situations, your first touch with a N64... anything can fit here!

I'll write some anecdotes later. Who wants to start?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not really a story... Just (unfortunately) a nostalgic memory. When I was way younger me and my sisters, and even one of my sisters boyfriend would play N64 for hours on end. Mario Kart. Mario Party. Super Smash. We even did Combat Simulator once in PD (but my sister nearly puked!). Everyone eventually split up into college yada-yada I don't need to explain that so seeing each other was hard but my sisters occasionally fly out here to visit us in Florida where my family lives now, and we play N64 every single time nearly every day they're out here. I miss the older days :/

I liked games from the Army Men series a lot. Can't really think of many others. OH yeah. I drooled all over Super Smash Bros. Good game.

First game was Donkey Kong 64. Love it. Levels were so big. I had no idea how so much could fit on one cart.

Last edited by acceptable67 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the funniest experiences I've had with N64 have been with the following games:

Goldeneye: undoubtedly would be many to put here. with the invisibility trick, drew all the enemies into a room with explosives and then blow them all.

Mario kart64: a 2 player GP mode is guaranteed fun. sometimes especially with the turbo outputs from the goal and being the row ultmio you could jump over the will of the goal. with this kind of thing we sometimes discover little-known shortcuts.

Mace the Dark Age: the movements and combos end of combat, made ​​me laugh especially the brutality and gore of this game.

games would be much more to talk about. But here in Spain 64MAGAZINE magazine, I remember that was the only one that made ​​us take the games and finished or finished, with some challenges, some were even invented, to get the maximum entertainment. for example you propose to end goldeneye cheat "rocket launcher" avoiding all enemy rockets does it seem easy? try it at a level where there are innocent victims 00Agent.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think my N64 was bundled with Star Fox 64. I debated very long that it was the first N64 game lol..

So DAMN amazing..ughhh. Excitebike is wild.. WCW NWO World Tour/Revenge are awesome as well, those THQ/AKI wrestling games are the only ones I'll play, perfect

Top Gear Rally 1, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie many great memories too, days of play. Yoshi's Story 2 lol.. it's so nicely done but it's SUPER SHORT. It's like only a quarter as long or even shorter than the first one on SNES

Jedi QuestMaster
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First game we rented was Wave Race 64 (didn't have any games for it yet), but the first game we got was Cruis'n USA (no regrets) then Star Fox 64, then GoldenEye. It gets blurry after that. Confused

I think we averaged about 1 game every 7 months (those cartridge prices made a big impact!).

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Back then I played Mario Party 2(best mario party game ever), Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time and Majora's Mask, Turok (not sure if it was seeds of evil or dinosaur hunter), quake, Cruisn Exotica(LOVE this game),Cruisn Usa.Cruisn World, Super Smash Bros, Mario kart 64 , super mario 64, Banjo-tooie, obviously Goldeneye and Perfect Dark,Fighting Dragon(not sure if this is the name), many many other games. I hold all these games dear to my heart, my bestfriend and I used to play together at my grandma's house all the time and I can't help but almost getting tears of nostalgia when I think back about those times.
It was games that bonded us and we still game alot together.
I really miss those days....

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used to get a kick out of the various WWF and WCW vs. NWO games...

Using Hollywood Hogan or the specially unlocked character Joe Bruiser in the latter, I'd just keep smashing my opponents with deadly knockout blows. Eventually they couldn't continue, and I'd be awarded a TKO. Was brutal, but fun.

In WWF Raw, my friend and I would use GS codes to perform wild moves and scenarios. We enjoyed putting a character into the corner and setting a code, so that they'd stay stuck in that corner getting struck by an invisible foe until you disable the code. We had a ton of laughs in this game.

There were many great adventure games that came out for this console. Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64. We were really spoiled that generation, and nothing has quite matched up since.

Now, obviously my favourite N64 games are GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark. However, what many of you may not know, is that I refused to play PD when it first came out. We (the hacking community at GSCentral.com) were making some huge advances in GE hacking at the time, and I didn't want to abandon it to play another game - regardless if it was the spiritual successor to GoldenEye or not. It took me two months or more to even play it, and only because my mother rented it for me one day by surprise. Well, I was very glad she did. Not only did I really like it, but it also gave me something new to hack. Though I may still love GE more for certain reasons, I have a huge amount of respect for the advances they made with PD.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never played any WWF, WCW or WNO games. I really don't know anything about this fighting styles, if they differ from each other or are just different organizations. I remember seeing some WWF when I was a kid (5 or 6 years old) and I liked it, but those N64 games never took my atention.
If I were to play any of them, which would you recommend?

My first game was Super Mario 64. That game really shocked me, it exceeded all my expectations after months of hype waiting for the Nintendo64. I beat it after 3 days (it was summer and I was 12, so lots of free time) and took a little longer to get the 120 stars.
When I beat it the first time I still hadn't discovered courses 5 and 10 or got the wing cap Embarassed and the credits gave me some hints to find some missing stars. Heh, the wing cap was the last thing I got, so I was stuck with 112 stars or so for a while. Turns out that I saw the light from the top of the stairs instead than from the compass in the floor and I didn't bother any more until a friend told me.

My favourite level changed from time to time. At first it was Rainbow Ride because I liked the sky theme a lot, the flying ship, the castle in the clouds... it was very creative, short of Mario Galaxy prototype. Later I liked Big Boo's Haunt because it was a very compact level, with many secrets, and you could unlock all 7 stars at once (I was spoiled how to get the third star, the books combination one, by a TV show before I even had the game). Now my favourite level is Bob-omb Battlefield, basically because you can do lots of crazy stuff with the multiple cannons and the wing cap (I loved playing hide and seek with the homing 1up) and skateboarding with the shell. On the other hand, the worst level has always been Dire Dire Docks. I didn't like Tick Tock Clock at first but now I think is one of the best levels in the game and the closest one to the original 2D Marios.

Being Super Mario 64 my only game for more than 4 months and having beat it 100% after the first week made me try a lot of crazy stuff. I was never tired of this game. You could get some stars in many different ways, try to beat your Princess's Secret Slide record, explore the levels finding new routes... I can't stop thinking of things I liked in this game: the three slides and the races with the penguin or Koopa the Quick; using the shell to surf in lava or ride the wind in Tiny Huge Island; get the 8 red coins in the bonus sky stage; discovering the underground city in Wet Dry World; climbing up Tick Tock Clock with the randomly moving pieces... and many more I'm forgeting.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well the day I got an Nintendo 64 was when I was 4 years old. I was watching my parents play the games for days then one day I saw Super Mario 64 in the system. I was so happy to see my mario in a whole new world. So as soon my parents started cooking I took the controller and played. Now for some odd reason I knew how to play the game. I got the first star in like 2 min top in bomb omb level. Running jumping and doing all that. My parents were shock of how good I was for playing the game for the first time ever. So I beated the game in 2 days. With little to no problem. Then got into collecting stars. I got every start but one. So it made 119 stars. Now here the best part about this. It took me 8 years to get the final hidden star in the castle. It was in the secret slide level. Well in the mean time of looking for that star. I also got Goldeneye and Banjo kazooie as well. Anyway I am still rocking out to Goldeneye everyday. And loving every moment of that game. Can never stop playing frigate. that level is addicting.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Using Hollywood Hogan or the specially unlocked character Joe Bruiser in the latter, I'd just keep smashing my opponents with deadly knockout blows. Eventually they couldn't continue, and I'd be awarded a TKO. Was brutal, but fun.

Damn right. In netplay I'm always going for the TKO, so great to see your opponent crippled Cool

Sogun, the THQ/AKI games are the only good wrestling ones in my opinion. Great control/system. All six of them. And they actually felt violent not just a fake crap, nice sound and the reversals ..

WCW NWO World Tour, Virtual Pro Wrestling 1 (Jap), WCW NWO Revenge, WWF Wrestlemania, Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 (Jap), WWF No Mercy

They're all good but I really loathe WWE. The WCW NWO era ones are legendary

As for Excitebike 64.. am I the only one here that rocks it !? lol

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
WWF No Mercy

One of my favourite games of all time, it is probably one of the only carts that I know for a fact I have had since I was young (and broke the n64)

Rey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn me.........i have way to much memories.Iv had the same 64 since like 1996 or 7.My first game was indeed goldeneye ha.Then came out mario Kart.
I have extreme amounts of stories that may never end.With family everything.I just don't know,64 has been part of my life.Everyone tells me to upgrade get a Xbox or PS3.I just cant to that,newest system i have is a ps2.I feel if i get newer systems my 64 is going to say F you and then die on me.I was born 1994,so of course 64 will always be the greatest system ever created.I heard of a new system called Nintendo 64X.My sis showed me a pic and a article on it.Maybe its some prank but oh well it was sick.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let's revive this topic. Razz

It's summer here and one of the best N64 for these hot days is Wave Race 64. Mine was bought when it came out on Player's Choice, but I had already played it thanks to a friend.
The first time I saw it was on a N64 launch commercial and it looked really cool, specially being able to do stunts with the jet-ski. Also, the water was mind-blowing back in the day (and it still looks pretty awesome today). I really enjoyed racing in the second track (Sunset Bay?) because it looked like Orange Fanta XD.

It was more than a racing game. With the stunts mode it was like having two games in one cartridge. I remember competing with my friends for the top score in Dolphin Park. I got the biggest score (18997) but when I had internet at home I discovered that my score was waaaay too low. Shocked

The only thing I disliked about this game was that there were very few courses. They solved this in the Gamecube version where playing tracks in different difficulty levels made you race in different parts of the map.
Even thought, I prefer re-playing WR64 than Blue Storm because the controls feel smoother.

What N64 games do you like to play in summer?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't own one of my own until about the last six months of its life. Otherwise, the games I had played were very limitted: GE, PD, Rush 2049, and the Pokémon Stadium games. Basically, it's what a friend of mine happened to have.
Actually, for the longest time I had seen GE played and didn't actually know what it was. Despite not caring for FPSs in general it was always luring me in.

The first game I bought new--for any system--was Ogre Battle 64, on extreme clearance for $10. Definately a steal. The second was Majora's Mask for a whopping $15. Would have been great to get a stack of those back then and scalp them nowadays. It's idiotic how much sealed carts sell for.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yikes, zoinkz, that post made ya seem real "late-player" haha

Sogun, que tal. I def. hear you. It's SCORCHING aqui en Miami, Florida , unfortunately, I never owned Wave Race I merely rented it.

The.. netplay.. is GREAT though. Via 64++ plus p2p , you are golden. I read it uses 80% of N64 power which is incredible, it's such an EARLY game

Wave Race ? YES it is breathtaking, silky, stylish, clean indeed. It can never grow dull, great challenges await as well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: