ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Project64k working!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShiftClick
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Project64k working! Reply with quote Back to top

I finally got project64k to work. I found a guy who made a tutorial about Project64k and gives out his own downloadable pack containing all you need to play online without it crashing when you start up a rom. So far, I'm not having problems with connections with servers.

Here's the link to his tutorial and pack:http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-play-super-smash-bros-and-other-n64-games-online.565990/

---
Completed Levels: Missile Facility, Research Complex, Prison, Infiltration

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Translation: How to play nothing BUT ssbssbsbsbsbsbs BS

What, the v0.13k one or whatever it is ? From '03, yeh it doesn't sync at all, it can only SSB and Mario Kart

http://www.goldeneyeonline.com/

Mupen64++ has great sync and a nice classic client to go with it. Can use servers, p2p, record / playback demos

ShiftClick
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That sucks...

Well, I tried. Lol.

---

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh that old thing is deceiving, in fact that's all they do, no variety at all

After countless tests, before discovering 64++, I had it

Jump on it

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let give out a better example why most people use Project64K and some only use Mupen64.

Project64k team been working on the emulator for years now. It has gotten better over time for gaming and online. But the net code is well let say very broken. It can connect and play online but it has a high chance of desync. Even the best internet in the world has problems with keeping this thing going at the right speed. One tiny lag can ruin the entire game for everyone because of the desync issue.

Now as for Mupen64. It can mostly run any game perfectly. With little to no lag. The net code is also more organize in Mupen64 then it is in Project64K. The desync issues can still happen but it wont happen every time one tiny lag spike hits. So then it will continue to run smooth.

Now here the reason why people uses Project64K so much over Mupen64. Is because most users either.

1. Don't have a good enough computer to run Mupen64. As you can see Mupen64 runs on most CPU resources. And it makes it lag very badly even in offline mode it will lag. You need a powerful computer to run it. And Project64K Runs on low CPU. It is playable in offline on a low CPU resources. And playable online as well. And runs great on a low power computer.

2. Mupen64 can also be confusing to set up. While Project64K beats Mupen64 on a easy understanding interface. I've seen people have problems running Mupen64 because its much more confusing to work on the settings over Project64K.

Anyway next point why Project64K is use mostly because everyone else is using it. And also means there missing out on other games online. Because most desync on that emulator. As I said before the net code problems. Plus you find it easier to find players using it as well.

Most people who uses Mupen64 seem to only play Goldeneye on it or Perfect Dark.

Anyway in my opinion. Mupen64 is ten times better then Project64K. But both are playable. But you run into more problems with net play on Project64K then you will on Mupen64.

ShiftClick
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I had never used it before and had no knowledge about it. I was just so puzzled why almost everyone had it, but they only played SSB and SMK.
Thanks for giving me the full backstory, now I know to frown upon Project64K.

---

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, well inputted

They're all enemies of Rare anyway, they type mess about our beloved Rareware, and worship Nintendont AKA non-chaotic games Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: