ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Artwork and Collectibles (Pic Heavy!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Artwork and Collectibles (Pic Heavy!) Reply with quote Back to top

Boxes

North American Box

North American Player's Choice Edition Box

Brazilian Box

Australian Box

Australian Million Seller Edition Box

European Box (English Only)

European Player's Choice Edition Box (English Only)

European Player's Choice Edition Box (Multilingual)

Japanese Box

PAL Version Display Box

*notes: The European PAL black box release has two other versions; one featuring French and Dutch text, and another with Spanish and Italian text. The Players Choice silver box also has two variations; one with only English text, and another with multiple languages.

The PAL Version display box has a few noticeable differences than the standard release. The left and right sides, which are usually blue and green on PAL boxes, are actually red and yellow. The main cover art is more "zoomed in", just like the english only Player's Choice silver box. There's an "Official UK Nintendo Magazine Essential Buy!" advertisement printed on the box. The images and write up on the back (not the red panel on the left) is identical to the NTSC North American box, with the exception being "Display Box" in place of the UPC.

Manuals

Japanese Instruction Manual

Inserts

Player's Guide Offer (Printed in Japan)

Bond Merchandise Promo

Japanese Controls (side A)

Japanese Weapons, Gadgets and Miscellaneous (side B)

Cartridges

Notes...

As far as I'm aware, the American and Australian versions are the only two that actually feature a "Million Seller" emblem on later releases. Even though Europe does have a silver "Players Choice" edition of the box, the cart does not have the emblem.

Players Choice editions also feature an appended "-1" after the product identification code on the front label.

The Official Nintendo Seal is oval shaped in the USA and Brazil, but is circular for the European and Australian releases.

In the USA version, the emblem says "Players Choice Million Seller" on it. But in Australia, it instead has "Million Seller Worldwide" displayed.

The Brazilian front label doesn't have either the Rareware logo or the product identification code.

The trademark (TM*) on "GoldenEye 007" is located next to the gun symbol on the upper-right in all versions but the Brazilian release. There it is instead at the lower-right of the number seven.

Japan uses a different graphic on the box and cartridge from the rest of the world. It clearly differentiates it from all the others.

Notice this next label has the updated ESRB "T" for Teen logo (bold letter), but no players choice emblem? Either it's a rare in-transition version, or another version for Brazil. I've come across a handful of these now, but most are from a Brazilian auction site. One even had the non-english "Cartucho" back label.

*Follow-up: I am now under the impression that this label is a home-made replica, mainly used in Brazil to replace worn out or missing stickers.

Strategy Guides

Nintendo Power Official Player's Guide

Prima's Unauthorized Game Secrets

BradyGAMES Totally Unauthorized Strategy Guide

64 Magazine 100% Unofficial Complete Guide

Secrets, Strategies, Solutions Walkthrough Guide

Field Agent's Manual

Spanish Guía de Misiones

Brazilian Gamer's Book

Japanese Nintendo Official Guide Book

Magazines, Advertisements & Promotions

Nintendo Power Issue 99
"Top Secret 16-Page Mission Briefing"

Nintendo Power Promo Poster
"Coming Soon to the N64 from Nintendo"

Two-Page Advertisment
"Shaken, Blown Up, Shot At... But not Stirred."

Japanese Magazine Advertisement
"James Bond Meets Nintendo 64"

GoldenEye 007 Game Advertisement
"You are Bond. James Bond."

Rumble Pak Accessory Advertisement
"You direct the action. Shot...by Shot!

Double-Sided Window Poster
"Playing only on Nintendo 64"

European Console Bundle Advertisement
"£129.98 Save £20"

Mailer Folder w/ $5 off Coupon

Cardboard Cut Out

Renders

Dashing

Railing Hop

Bombardment

Barrel Shot

Tank Ride

Fashionable Flames

Shadows from the Past

Crashing Through

I'll continue to update this thread with photos of boxes, manuals and other materials I come across.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:45 pm; edited 36 times in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Added a bunch of stuff today...

Strategy Guides, Magazines & Advertisements, and Renders.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also added some box cover art.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lol wtf from where does those renders come ?!
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Extremist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great job, Wreck - glad to see those renders!
Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been a while since I added anything here, but I happened across a few things...

First is a much better Australian Player's Choice cartridge. The previous one had blue marker on it, and the sticker was faded and torn.

Secondly, is what may be either an in-transition USA cartridge between the original print and player's choice version, or a home made sticker. I think I may have seen another like this before, but I don't seem to have a saved image. I'll keep checking to see if others do exist.

Lastly, a strategy guide by 64 Magazine that I never knew existed. I was lucky enough to snag it off eBay before someone else could. It mentions about Perfect Dark coming out, so I can only guess that it's the final guide ever made for the game. The shot the seller had of the cover was cropped and added into the guides section.

Rey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh I still got my guide but it's old and some pages are actually lose but there still readable. The artwork really isn't all that different compared to most games. just different sticker and label spots. I still did not know there were many cartridges of the game.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've located more of that bold "T" for Teen ESRB logo without the Player's Choice emblem, from that Brazilian auction site Fredspider linked to in my other thread. One even had the non-english back sticker on it. It's very odd, to say the least.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, are you aware that when posting images from Goldeneye (be it the film, book, game, etc) then by Canadian law you *must* also post lots of pictures of Famke Janssen, otherwise you can be fined a fortune, sent to prison for life, and made to play Tomorrow Never Dies on the PSX for eight hours a day, seven days a week?

It's the law*.

* Or maybe I just made it up, I can't remember. But anyway, more Famke Janssen pictures, as she's the best Bond girl ever!

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
made to play Tomorrow Never Dies on the PSX for eight hours a day, seven days a week?

What's wrong with Tomorrow Never Dies on the PSX? I loved that game.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, seeing as I don't want to break any laws... Wink

Edit: Back on topic, I've included a magazine advertisement that focuses more on the rumble pak accessory. There's also some reviews and other details on there, as well. It has an eBay sellers store link on there, unfortunately. I'll replace if I find a nice scan without it.

"You direct the action. Shot...by Shot!"

Edit ii: Realized I didn't have a Nintendo Power poster in there, so grabbed a photo from eBay and cropped it. Kinda small and a little blurry, which means may need replacement at some point.

"Coming soon to the N64 from Nintendo"

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Located yet another strategy guide during an online search. This one almost looked fake at first, but when checking up the company (Paragon Publishing Ltd., out of the UK), it seems they had put out a decent number of guides and magazines in the 90's and early 2000's. Zelda, Resident Evil 2, FFVII, and some other console specific books that included various titles. Only found the cover shot of the book so far. Wonder how difficult this one is going to be to track down...

(they do appear to have some on eBay, but they aren't listed under guide or have photographs of the book)

"Secrets, Strategies, Solutions"

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Located yet another strategy guide during an online search. This one almost looked fake at first, but when checking up the company (Paragon Publishing Ltd., out of the UK), it seems they had put out a decent number of guides and magazines in the 90's and early 2000's. Zelda, Resident Evil 2, FFVII, and some other console specific books that included various titles. Only found the cover shot of the book so far. Wonder how difficult this one is going to be to track down...

(they do appear to have some on eBay, but they aren't listed under guide or have photographs of the book)

"Secrets, Strategies, Solutions"

I have that, it's tattered though from over the years. I got it in the ebay purchase of my n64.

EDIT: Actually, the front and back covers look almost completely fine. The inside is missing a couple of pages, some are not attached to the book too but I received it like that.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, glad to hear someone actually has it in their possession. The front cover looks the same as the image posted? That's the only picture I've been able to find of it so far. Most sellers who do have it (on eBay or otherwise) don't have a photo.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Ah, glad to hear someone actually has it in their possession. The front cover looks the same as the image posted? That's the only picture I've been able to find of it so far. Most sellers who do have it (on eBay or otherwise) don't have a photo.

Yeah, the image you posted is the exact same as what I have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: