ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Artwork and Collectibles (Pic Heavy!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. I just grabbed one for nine bucks (free shipping) on eBay, listed as in "Very Good" condition. They didn't have an image of it, so I'm taking a chance. Sounds like they're a bookstore that doesn't have the time to scan or photograph each item they list, though. I might need to start scanning some of my personal collection and replace the pics I've found online. Well, so long as mine is in better shape.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Added some more notes about the cartridges, and uploaded another render.
"Fashionable Flames"
(these aren't official names, by the way)

Edit: Found the shot with Mark Edmonds and Duncan Botwood standing next to a cardboard cut out of James Bond. This is the only shot I know of that shows the rare GoldenEye standup.

Edit ii: Couple more renders included.
"Crashing Through" and "Shadows from the Past"

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I scanned all six (yes, that's six!) of my strategy guides today, and edited together the front, back and spine into one full cover image. Some of these are harder to find in online searches, and a few don't usually show either the back or spine in auctions. They're of a decent size, so they may take a bit longer to load than the other .jpg's in the post.

Also, SubDrag linked me to two other advertisements I didn't have up previously, and even uploaded a photo of his own double-sided window poster. Pictures in the first post.

Edit: Can you believe that there is yet another strategy guide out there? This one may be another UK release, as that's where the eBay seller who put it up was from. It's called "GoldenEye 007: Field Agent's Manual", and looks to be about the size of a regular N64 game manual. I'll get better scans of it once I have it in my possession. Seven strat guides for one game must be a record. Unless there are even others I have yet to find... Shocked

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scanned a couple more things today...

Japanese Instruction Manual
Japanese Insert (Sides A and B)
Player's Guide Offer Insert (Printed in Japan)
Mailer Folder w/ $5 off Coupon
Field Agent's Guide

And also added a pic from online of a Bond Merchandise insert, which I don't currently have. Once I eventually do have one, I'll make sure to add a scan.

Oh, and yes... I've found an 8th strategy guide. It's in Spanish, and is called "Guía de Misiones". It's a 50 page booklet, which looks about the size of an N64 manual. This is the first I've seen printed in a language other than English.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Oh, and yes... I've found an 8th strategy guide. It's in Spanish, and is called "Guía de Misiones". It's a 50 page booklet, which looks about the size of an N64 manual. This is the first I've seen printed in a language other than English.

Nice! I knew it existed when I did my Spanish translation and I think it has all ingame text translated. But unfortunately I couldn't find it, so I did my own translation.

These guides were distributed by the Spanish Nintendo Club. There was a card with a code that came with the game, then you phoned to the Nintendo Club, told them the code and they would send you the guide. I think you could get some other presents as well like T-Shirts if you were lucky (I remember DKR or Mario64 had them).
I bought the player's choice version and I don't remember if I registered the code. Maybe they didn't send the 'Guía de Misiones' in 1999.

I have found this:
http://www.viciojuegos.com/imagenes/palmasoft/diezmil/goldeneye1.jpg
You can see the card I'm talking about to the right. I don't remember it at all so perhaps the Player's Choice version didn't have it.

And here's the Official Players Guide scanlated in High Quality.
http://www.the007dossier.com/007dossier/post/2013/08/16/Nintendo-64-Goldeneye-007-Official-Players-Guide

Wreck, if you are interested in Spanish material, I have gathered some magazines scans here (promos, previews, reviews and guides).
https://www.mediafire.com/?2zpm00kfg0mtadc
I can scan de PAL player's choice manual too. I think the cover is different. The interior is black and white and comes in a variety of languages. I don't know if it's worth it. The condition isn't perfect either.
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/N64%20Collection/P1141050_zps1fc82ebe.jpg

I would like to see that 'Guía de Misiones'. If it comes with translated text from the game I'll do a 2.0 translation. It would be like if the game was released originally in Spanish, hehe. But I would keep the movie quotes like in the Spanish dubbed movie.

BTW, I found info about the prizes you could get when registering the GE code. You could get color N64 controllers and 64,000 pesetas checks (384.65 €, so around 527 $!).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't expect it to be the entire Nintendo Player's Guide! That's pretty cool. I'll be sure to save the PDF file and keep it on my hard drive.

I was lucky enough (well, not if you count how much it ended up costing after shipping) to snag a "Guía de Misiones" from a Spanish seller on eBay. He had it in a Spanish language auction with his complete PAL version of the game, but the price was pretty high. I ended up sending him a message to see if he'd be willing to sell the guide on its own. After a bit of back and forth, it's now travelling my way. If there's anything specific in there that you'd like to see, I should be able to either scan (unless it may affect the condition) or photograph the pages and zip up the files for you to check out. Thanks for the info about it. I didn't know how people got their hands on one until now.

I do have the PAL Player's Choice game, as well as the Australian first release. I could probably grab some scans of those manuals soon. PAL has, I think, two different booklets (might not count Player's Choice), since I've seen some with varying languages. Same as the box, though. There's a normal "PAL Verison" on the bottom left corner, and then another with two other languages in its place. Haven't seen that with the Player's Choice box, however.

Thanks for the scans! I'll have to go over them better soon. Smile

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreck.

Photos should be enough as long as the text is readable, hehe. I only need it if the ingame text (background, M briefing, Q Branch, Moneypenny and objectives) is translated in the guide, though.

Dealing with Spanish sellers about retro stuff is expensive. Especially if the item was only released in Spain (for example, the back of the box is only in Spanish).
Of course not all are like this. But for good deals you have to search in videogame forums.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OH WOW! I used to have that Secrets and Solutions guide way back when! Amazing to see it with the cover still on it haha, mine lost the cover and I eventually lost the guide.

Always wanted to get my hands on that thing again

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gidday everyone, a friend just sent me a link to this:

http://ohthethingsyoucanbuy.com/product/007-goldeneye-watch/

Although seems I was too late for the purchase Sad

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It used to be an official nintendo product, but clones have invaded ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xgoldeneye+watch&_nkw=goldeneye+watch&_sacat=0&_from=R40

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quite! I'm just sitting here thinking that I should programme something for the little wrist wearable android and ios devices...that could be quite cool!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Updated all of the boxes to use new scans from my personal collection. There are also now back shots for each box. The Spanish guide has been added, as well.

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's strange that the box art includes out of date images of the game. Some things looked a little better. I'm referring to the enemy attire.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, even the instruction manual has images taken during earlier builds of the game, as well as the name "Spyder" for the Klobb. I guess they had all this stuff prepared before finishing development, and either forgot to update it or didn't have the time. But all that great beta material made us hackers very curious. I think without the videos and pictures online and in magazines showing things that weren't in our retail copies, we might not have had such an interest in ripping apart the game to find any remnants.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Added scans of my newest scores...

First is a PAL Version Display Box, used in stores to promote the game. The box is a weird mish-mash of the standard PAL and NTSC versions. You might notice some small differences right off the bat, including the Nintendo UK Magazine endorsement with Mario giving a thumbs up.

Second is a Portuguese strategy guide from Brazil. It's roughly 66 pages of GoldenEye 007 information and walkthrough. There is also some other stuff related to Gran Turismo and Magic: The Gathering at the back. Weirdly enough, there's even an advertisement for videos on sexual educaton right after the Egyptian mission. Try doing that in North America, hehe. Razz

If any Brazilian member here who knows Portuguese would like to work on a translation project for the game sometime, this book has all the briefings and objectives written up already to help get things started.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: