ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

A Mission in Time: When Hope is Darkest...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: A Mission in Time: When Hope is Darkest... Reply with quote Back to top

On a priority mission to check out a Skedar technological testing facility, Joanna stumbles upon a device capable of sending living creatures back in time. As she investigates the controls, the portal activates. It's strong pull begins to draw her toward it. She grabs onto a nearby console, but it's no use. Her fingers begin to lose grip, and before she can realize it, she's been sucked through the time gate...

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, it's like GoldenEye: X but the other way around.
I wonder how the crouch animation is like.

Is this going to be your next project after GE:X? Razz

Rey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

She looks so dang short haha.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

amazing photos with Jo, I would like to see the vast majority of PD guards in GoldenEye, such as "dataDyne-Shock-Tropper" would be very good at almost any level, "MR-Blonde" or even the soldiers of "Pelagic II "on the frigate. would fail only blood that exists in PD.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to do a few choice ports from Perfect Dark to GoldenEye, but I wouldn't want to do a complete mod. GE into PD is a step up, whereas the other way around is kind of going backwards. No working elevators, no secondary weapon functions, no bots in multiplayer, worse AI detection via clipping tiles, no voice overs. For GoldenEye, it worked fine, because that's how it was originally released. But for Perfect Dark, it'd definitely be a reduction in overall quality.

I'll have to grab some shots of her standing next to another character, and also with her in the kneeling position.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One day I'm going to address the Johanna model and actually give her an ass that doesn't look like it belongs to a male...

I'm interested to see how you handled the textures for the Johanna model. Did you do any major work or is it a direct port?

As par usual...very nice work! Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Joanna kneeling...

Height vs. Boris...

The Joanna head and body models were pretty much direct ports. They use the original data and textures, and weren't modified in any way (other than the formatting) for GoldenEye. I did have issues with the neck of the body model, which allowed other players to fire through any head the body was using. It turned out to be the bounding box. I just used the same data from the base model I chose (the Female Moonraker Elite), and it appears to work just fine.

An interesting note...
The Joanna Combat body does not contain any lo-poly distance models. Her head does, however.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow.. interesting.. please release Smile

Does she even have the GE strafe system ? Like, for instance, in GE if you stay put and mash Left/Right C repeatedly back and forth, it really looks funny. 'specially if you're looking up/down

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

She moves just like every other character in GE, so quick strafing back and forth should still give you a bit of a chuckle.

I'll be releasing this on the GE Vault pretty soon. Just not sure if I wanted to add anything else to the ROM before generating a patch.

Rey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
She moves just like every other character in GE, so quick strafing back and forth should still give you a bit of a chuckle.

I'll be releasing this on the GE Vault pretty soon. Just not sure if I wanted to add anything else to the ROM before generating a patch.

Who will she be replacing?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Currently I have Joanna in May Day's slot for multiplayer. However, she doesn't actually replace May Day's body model. I used a body and head that aren't used anywhere in the game for her.

Not long after agent Dark traveled back in time....

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice!

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want a suit like that! Although I always play as samedi Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Furious that one of the Carrington Institute's top agents discovered the time portal, the Skedar sent their highest ranking deep cover operative to eliminate her. Using the standard holographic projection of a handsome young blonde man wearing a white winter suit, the assassin can easily blend into the Russian landscape.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now this looks amazing. There almost 100% perfect ports besides the faces. Since making a face on Goldeneye is low poly and can look awful if not done right. The characters look perfect great job Wreck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: