ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Use Yahoo? Your password may have been stolen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Use Yahoo? Your password may have been stolen Reply with quote Back to top

Chances are against it, since it seemed to only affect certain subdomains. However, apparently Yahoo! hasn't been encrypting passwords and some enterprising hackers have released logins for 450000 users. Yep, nearly half a million.

Don't know about you but this seems like old news brought to the front. I and my family have all had our passwords stolen as of about two months ago--myself twice now. Virus scanners have come up clean and we're talking each of us from a different computer on a different IP, so the chances of server side are higher. Not just us, but other people we've known in the area as well.

So, if you're a Yahoo user and just a little paranoid, you'll want to concider changing your password.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My Yahoo was hijacked ages ago and sent junk. Plus their site is a wee bit bulky + laggy

I use Gmail ONLY to my fam.. and mailinator/suremail.info for instant email on-the-fly that lets "them eat spam".

I'll give my Gmail rarely to a few companies.. and I make sure to only get ONE email from each company

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never trusted Yahoo, always kept with Google.

I better go inform my parents though, they have a BT Yahoo account.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lack of encryption is a bit scary. Seriously? Aegh... They probably haven't updated their code since they first started up.

I'm partly stuck with yahoo now. I've been using them since they first started providing free email (feeling old suddenly--remember the days before google?) and changing all those contacts would be an utter nightmare. Plus, there would be a lot of old emails to back up.

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had trouble getting in. Someone anywhere could be playing with it, but I don't think it was stolen. Oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: