ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Twine
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Twine Reply with quote Back to top

(The World Is Not Enough)
Been watching videos of it just cause im bord and Just been thinking.
Can we hack/mod (whatever you want to call it) Twine 64? Like in general make new levels out of it or even...well Some levels in solo for GE or PD.
Well for PD multiplayer would be good.
But Twine in my opinion is another great shooter for 64. Just thinking why it doesent get more attention.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always thought that the game TWINE-64 as well as turok and other N64 shooter, worth trying to turn them into building mods that offer GE engines and PD. I have often thought it would be in these games with artificial intelligence and blood offered by GE and PD. if it is true that these games use abilities to swim and jump, but even so I think it could be altered levels in the territory to fit best as Shogun did their level Kakariko. in addition to any other game engine ported to GE or PD potential strategy would be immense, since we could reload the gun (which does not happen in turok, quake, doom, duke nukem) and would fight smarter enemies who persecute us we seek or expect us hidden somewhere to counteract.

So if you are still awaiting completion of GE-X mods and Goldfinfer.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Remember Nintendo gives mass support to all devs. Those other games (TWINE, the Turoks) were built from ground up in the 90s

Up to today there's no one to break down all their coding, you could possibly reverse engineer enough to actually make functional modifications, there's very few console games out there to mod, let alone to make run on the real thing

Look at South Park 64, the Turok devs made it using T2 engine. Only they can manage that goal of total conversion

That's why PC always rules, their game content is always there, usually bare enough, and they're convenient too as you could emulate nearly everything in all its full glory with enough stretched/enlarged pixels/polygons to drool to death Shocked

I too am very much enthusiastic about the GE:X and Goldfinger projects, can't hardly wait for more news

EDIT: You know the Vigilante 8 series, and the Gran Turismo franchise..?

V8 debuted on PS1, from a team of five people. GT1 I think only had like ten ? Could be wrong about GT.. hm.. it's interesting that such a small team on such limited hardware built incredible gameplay + sound + visuals

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

when I talked about making mods with N64 shooters, I was referring has to perform them with the tools we have and inject it into the rom GE or PD. of course anyone would like to have the original development kit used to create GE and PD, rather than the current edit, of course I think we have the kit gustatia any game at our disposal (that would have been a treasure for all). of course I agree Wreck phrase "Goldeneye as you've never seen before" to me that we saw also another game like never before seen.
already know that other games were not so lucky that GE and PD, and that people expect of them were of the same quality (in all terms) or higher.

Rey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does not matter. Im saying why does PD and GE get alot of mods done. Two games we can compare that are the same like PD and GE are Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing. There engines are the same. So like I believe levels can be ported to either and be put to either. Like also SubDrags beta video on Twine. Why doesent someone make a level out of that or fix it to be a multiplayer?

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never played TWINE so I don't know if there are some features in it that exceed GE/PD. I'm saying this because having a hacking scene for TWINE like the one we already have for GE/PD might be too redundant.
Creating an Editor for it will take years. The GE/PD Setup Editor was created after many years of Gameshark hacking and was released more than 5 years ago! Subdrag keeps improving it even this days.

Zoinkity managed to import one of the TWINE multi maps to GE/PD but I don't know how he did it. I imported Kakariko Village from OOT by capturing the geometry with an emulator, so it was kind of doing it from scratch.
I know OOT has some editors too, so it may be easier to export maps as OBJ and import them to GE/PD now. I think Banjo games have and editor like that too.
Someone tried to import TWINE heads to GE/PD but said TWINE heads were horrible compared to Rare's XD

I would say that with some patience you can remake TWINE with the GE/PD engine. Not sure about how long will it take but I think it's possible for the most part.

Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing don't share the same engine. They are completely different! MK64 doesn't even have models for their tracks if my sources are right.
Jet Force Gemini and DKR share the same engine. I think Banjos, Donkey Kong (and probably the Mickey Mouse racing game) share the same engine too.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think people under-estimate how hard it is to mod and reverse engineer some of these games. Decompress files, recompress them etc etc. It's crazy.

Rey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't get me wrong I know how hard it is. Iv seen videos read so much about em. Super mario 64 has an editor. People made a few levels that I seen on youtube. Now that im thinking about it. I wounder how TWINE music would sound in GE. I just wish more can be done with that game. As it holds alot of potential.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Certainly, I'd love an editor for all n64 games. It appears that editors are following the trend via popularity. The most popular games are most likely to get editors. I think if you analyze the gameshark code amount, and crossreference it to known editors you'll probably find them similar trends.

Zoinkitys done some work on TWINE, don't think anyone else has much, Goldenboy did a lot of gameshark codes. I think generally everyone considers TWINE to be not necessarily awful, but not close to GoldenEye, so it suffers mainly from that aspect.

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Twine is always in my memory, buts its the PS1 version thats stuck there, not the N64 version which was pretty different

Rey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My opinion the ps1 version of Twine looks horrible.
But iv been looking. Twine does seem to have hidden rooms that could have been beta or just a secret. One that comes to direct mind is in the second level MI6. Before the safe(were sir robert is) a scientist runs up to a vault door and theres cameras near. I remember seeing some were or if it was my mom cause she played it alot. That the vault door opened and it was a white bright room.
Anyway Twine's movement of guards and stuff seem to be like GE. with the actions. Of course I may be completly wrong but one can hope.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did run TWINE on PS1 using OpenGL2 plugin. It is awful, extremely cheap. I would hate to imagine that it was leaving store shelves for how much, $50 ..?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
I did run TWINE on PS1 using OpenGL2 plugin. It is awful, extremely cheap. I would hate to imagine that it was leaving store shelves for how much, $50 ..?

If I remember it right I think its $60 bucks was how much the game sold for. I remember seeing it release on the PS1. But don't remember the price.

Anyway lets cut this down a little bit. TWINE and a bunch of other games runs completely different compare to Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. In order to even get somewhere you need to learn how to hex into the games. Find each and every little bit of coding. Extract most if not all files out of a ROM and compile it. Then a editor can take much longer then hacking a ROM though hex. Editor takes program making skill. And I can easily say most people here don't know how to do such thing.

Anyway there has only been very little editors for N64 that I know of. Super Mario 64 and Star Fox 64 are so far the only ones with a editors out there for the N64 emulator besides Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You forget about Ocarina Of Time.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey wrote:
You forget about Ocarina Of Time.

Ah completely space Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time. Anyway those are the only editors I heard of besides the one I name off and the one Rey mention. Is there anything else missing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: