ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Citadel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Citadel Reply with quote Back to top

Been looking around to see what Level I could do next after the one im working on now and I saw the Citadel bin. I thought to my self, I Brand new solo Mission inside Citadel. Then I also thought that there may be no clipping, no briefing or text file and I wouldent even know how to change it to a solo and have it played.
Thats not the point the point is. A CITADEL LEVEL!!?
That would be great!! Exclamation Exclamation

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's not my favorite level at all, but it certainly would be very interesting to see a citadel level. You would have to take Zoinkity's ROM, rip the bgfile, clipping, then import it over a GE level, make a new project, and make setup.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was there are reason we didn't automatically hook Citadel's stage number properly when the editor does the image list hack? The clipping would still need to be imported, but with a good hook and the missing default text bank patch it wouldn't require any silliness to edit for it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I never really considered it a part of the standard set. Prob one of those more trouble than worth things. Also I guess it was missing the clipping. It might be a valuable IPS patch to put on site though.

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now that were speaking of it. You plan to do another updated editor?
Or this recent one is the final product? Also just think what one can do to Citadel. Might be able to change textures to make a crazy new level.
Plus the size of the damn thing. You could do so much! But its a long process to even get to test play any changes you do. Acually im not even sure what level Citadel would take place in.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Back around 2010. I look at the Citadel level. And tried working on it my self. The level it self for some reason I just can't get it to load in Single player. Even after moving it all in the 21990 editor. There just something about the level it self that I can't get it pass the black screen. But it might of just been me who had problems running the level when I was a beginner at the editor. If I look into it again I might be able to load it in single player since I know almost everything about how the editor works now.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The issue has to do with certain data that isn't linked to its stage number.

The biggest issue is that it doesn't have a valid default text bank. Normally that triggers a lethal error, but editting the table to accept one or using the text flunker patch that handles the error will get around that little invonvenience.
The clipping file within the ROM is either corrupted or just an older format. You'd have to use a newer one to get around that inconvenience.
A stage index needs to be added to the list in order to call it by name. I think that was the other big change.
Oh, and you need a setup file ;*) The default location of (0,0,0) is valid though and will spit you in the corner of room 1.

If I ever have time I'll itemize the changes needed to run the stage out of the box. You'd pretty much have to hex edit it in though, so if it isn't too involved I'll ask it be added to the editor.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
The issue has to do with certain data that isn't linked to its stage number.

The biggest issue is that it doesn't have a valid default text bank. Normally that triggers a lethal error, but editting the table to accept one or using the text flunker patch that handles the error will get around that little invonvenience.
The clipping file within the ROM is either corrupted or just an older format. You'd have to use a newer one to get around that inconvenience.
A stage index needs to be added to the list in order to call it by name. I think that was the other big change.
Oh, and you need a setup file ;*) The default location of (0,0,0) is valid though and will spit you in the corner of room 1.

If I ever have time I'll itemize the changes needed to run the stage out of the box. You'd pretty much have to hex edit it in though, so if it isn't too involved I'll ask it be added to the editor.

That be a great idea. Most people don't know how to do all of that kind of stuff. So getting it in the editor it self. Will help big time for those who want to try there hand at a Citadel mission.

Rey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well looks like this guy beat me to it.
Shocked Surprised http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3WNIjWKdJM&feature=plcp

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty surer remember someone doing it a while ago, but I've never really thought much of the citaidel as a raw level. It'd take someone with a goof piece of imaginative flair to block off areas and create a play flow and story throughout it as opposed to it just being a collection of rooms.

In all honestly, editing the BSP might be a good approach, that way you can pull it back into the editor anywhere, and also touch up the level itself.

Ositsho
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope you go ahead with this. It'll be great if someone could transform the Citadel into a solo mission. Smile The map needs a fair bit of tinkering and TLC though. The clipping in particular when you play the level using GS codes is horrible.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've always meant to redo it, just never got around to it. There's three tiles that don't sync, and the rgb needs to be overhauled. I won't apologize for pushing the walls back though.

We were writing the document on how it worked while writing the tiles. Room 1 was how the decagon issue was first discovered.

To be fair the clipping is the same regardless what version you're using. It's the exact same file.

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I never really played the level with the clipping. Only once and at the top of a ramp I clipped off to the sky.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In order to play the level at all you need clipping. You need at least one tile for your spawn point to be valid, otherwise the game crashes.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
There's three tiles that don't sync, and the rgb needs to be overhauled. I won't apologize for pushing the walls back though.

We were writing the document on how it worked while writing the tiles. Room 1 was how the decagon issue was first discovered.

Can you explain these in more detail, please?
Specially the decagon issue. Is it present in other levels?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: