ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye X on Wii! it works!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldeneyegod
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Goldeneye X on Wii! it works! Reply with quote Back to top

Got a bit curiouse today so decided to test if the goldeneye x rom would work usng the wii64 n64 emulator. (if you havn't soft modded your wii you should have)

And to my surprise it ran quite well a little bit of slow down here and there and sound goes a little wonky but not bad at all. Also using the gamecube controller was surprising good (was always worried about the manual aim using the anolog stick) think I might have to get a few replacement sticks (gamecube style) for some of my n64 pads which have seen better days.

This is the best I can do at the mo (don't like using pc emulators for some reason doesn't feel right) until I get my back up device. Think I'm going to go for the everdrive 64 price is ok and seems to run goldeneye x which is all I really need as well as 99% of other n64 games lol.

Definatly give it a try on your soft modded wii just for a laugh you wont regret it

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi goldeneyegod and welcome to the forums!

Yes, all PD hacks work on Wii64 as far as I know. Unfortunately, GE hacks don't work at all with some exceptions (my non completed Spanish translation works, but new level hacks don't).

One thing that surprised me was that GE:X can be played up to 4 players on Wii64 but my Kakariko map patch freezes the game after the Expansion pak detection screen (it only works up to 3 players). Perhaps the GE:X patch has some special tweaks in it to make it work. It's a shame because the game blinks with 2 or 3 players but you can play without graphical issues with 4 players and "Framebuffer textures" on.
I'll try adding my hacks to the GE:X rom someday and see if that fixes the problem.

One cool thing about Wii64 is that you can configure the emulator and game to aim using the wiimote as any other Wii shooter. Too bad the constant slowdowns make it unplayable with this kind of control.
You can play GE this way too, but with no crosshair on screen is difficult to guess where are you aiming you gun.

I hope we get a new Wii64 version soon. It's been 2,5 years since last release and one year since lasts news!

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well... It's just an emulator the Wii, no different than an emulator for a PC... So of course it will work. You just get god awful frames.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: