ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Everdrive 64 different region?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldeneyegod
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Everdrive 64 different region? Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick question (maybe a little complicated)

I'm going to get an everdrive 64 (yay)。I'm going to buy it in china (I'm living in china at the moment) the price is much cheaper etc. But I'm from pal land (britain) and the everdrive is a ntsc version and my machine is pal Sad

So I also plan on buying a passport plus 3 (buying both in china still works out cheaper than buy the everdrive anywhere else). So my plan is get the ntsc everdrive and use it with the passport. Will this work Question Sure I read it would but just want to be sure before I fork out the money.

I know I could remove the ntsc chip and replace it with a pal one from one of my games but soldering really isn't my thin (actually never tried) and I don't want to take the risk.

Obviously I will be planning on using it for the goldeneye x. Very Happy

Any advice and info would be much appreciated.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I can't help, but I wouldn't have thought an NTSC everdrive 64 would work with a PAL N64, even with a PASSPORT, though I might be wrong. I can confirm though, that a PAL Everdrive 64 CAN run NTSC games on a PAL N64, although for some reason some of the games just give a black screen on my TV, though there is still the normal game sounds, and the NTSC games + Everdrive 64 do give a proper picture on the other TV in the house. The problem is not that the first TV is incompatible with 60Hz mode (which was my first thought, as other NTSC games run fine on this TV and the Everdrive 64, whereas surely if the problem was 60Hz mode then no NTSC games would work)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: