ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

diferents xdelta patches
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lumpi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: diferents xdelta patches Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to know if there is any mode to put in the same rom, differents xdelta patches. and what are the steps to follow.
I have more than 20 games in a folder and in every game I only just have a one level patched ...

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you can keep patching the same rom with different xdelta patches, not tried it though.

Lumpi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spyster wrote:
I think you can keep patching the same rom with different xdelta patches, not tried it though.
No. The rom gives error Confused

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes you may. Patching via GE Editor is so so simple

No back-up needed. It doesn't alter the untouched rom image in any way just make sure when you specify what the filename of the new custom rom will be called, that it ends with .rom

Yeh, GE patches are a bit limited. Off the top of my head, only the Counterstrike tribute one is multi-level, zoinkity's, Wreck's, BMW's, NGPA, it's been quite a while since netplaying

Last edited by mistamontiel on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Lumpi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Yes you may. Patching via GE Editor is so so simple

No back-up needed. It doesn't alter the untouched rom image in any way just make sure when you specify what the filename of the new custom rom will be called, that it ends with .rom

Yeh, GE patches are a bit limited. Off the top of my head, only the Counterstrike tribute one is multi-level, zoinkity's, Wreck's, NGPA, it's been quite a while since netplaying
sorry but still gives me error.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wow, now the site reports when one has edited his/her post ..?

I'm creating a .gif "as-we-speak"

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol @ last step typo..

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can't apply multiple xdelta patches to ROM because it uses the a CRC to check right ROM (which will be different once applied). It usually wouldn't work anyways. IPS can do that, but in general you really can't just apply multiple, you have to extract files and then inject in 21990.

Btw cool helpful gif

Lumpi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:

lol @ last step typo..
thank you very much for the great explanation, but i can't apply 2 xdelta Sad

Lumpi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
You can't apply multiple xdelta patches to ROM because it uses the a CRC to check right ROM (which will be different once applied). It usually wouldn't work anyways. IPS can do that, but in general you really can't just apply multiple, you have to extract files and then inject in 21990.

Btw cool helpful gif
then, i can not play in the same rom with different levels changed?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can, but you'd need to learn how to use 21990 to export files and then inject into a combined ROM.

Lumpi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
You can, but you'd need to learn how to use 21990 to export files and then inject into a combined ROM.
on this page there are a tutorial for that?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There isn't a tutorial, since it rather depends on how somebody made their content in the first place.

Although, that does raise a point. Sub, is there a chance we could make some kind of project script merger? At the least, something that will:
  • Automatically handle the image offsets for each stage.
  • Merge the various data within the 21990.
  • Scream bloody murder when, say, two stages/objects/etc. are on the same ID or otherwise directly incompatible.

This isn't the first time somebody's asked about this, and certainly not the last. Plus, they usually want a few dozen stages--horrible if you need to do them by hand.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:

• Scream bloody murder when, say, two stages/objects/etc. are on the same ID or otherwise directly incompatible.

Loved that part

to the point, this would be awesome.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess it was never something I really considered. For the most part, merging everything's going to be an ordeal. There are kinda tools existing like export bgfile with image replace, but you'd have to manually move images. For most part, what people want is just exporting and then later injecting the files which should be pretty doable and quick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: