ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

HELP!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
haffmoon
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: HELP!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Janus control room, I can't beat it, any secrets?

The Extremist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On what difficulty?

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First off, Welcome to the forums.

Heh, I havent actually run through the levels in awhile. Hmm, it is a
pain in the ass protecting Natalya on 00 Agent. I think I had tried a
couple things, but ended up simply covering bases. First off, they
cannot shoot at Natalya unless they are on the floor with her or on
the stairs. So the only two starting entry points for them are the
stairs, protect them, alternate between them and make sure nobody gets
even halfway down. Heres the tricky part that might get Natalya
killed, after a while, theyll blow through the glass on either side
and get Natalya good. Once you hear glass, turn at both glass
entrances to see where its coming from and eliminate them immediatley.
Then the other might go. Its hard, but cover all four entrances.

Other than protecting Natalya, I havent played in awhile, but I think
you then I have to escape, and not only that, but you have to blow up
the last mainframe behind the right door (when looking at both guard
entry doors), itll be behind glass, get a good shot with a grenade and
run. Forget about trevelayan and run for the elevator to the "left"
behind the guard entry doors (keep going forward). Might take you some
tries, theres a lot of guards in that warehouse area.

I havent played in awhile, but I hope that helps.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess the difficulty doesn't matter too much.

Here's the best tip. On the top floor of the main control room, there is some body armour tucked away in a corner. Just let Boris escape, and he'll lead you right to it.

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also, when you get into the room after you go through the boxes with guards in the beginning, go to the other side on the vault looking thing and throw a mine. You will kill three guards with the extra mine.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
haffmoon
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: that damn natalya Reply with quote Back to top

thanks guys... I still haven't gotton through control room at the 00 level but I'll give it some tries. Is there a better game than the 007

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Beside the troops that flood the control room as Natalya is attempting to reprogram the GoldenEye satellite, the hardest part is getting past the nasty drone guns. On Agent mode, there are only two of them in the storage room, which also houses one of the armoured mainframes. In Secret and 00 Agent, you'll have to contend with an extra five. Three in the first area, plus an additional two in the storage.

For the first few, be very careful where you step. Run straight ahead out of the elevator and fire at the only guard in range. Once he's dead, another one or two should run out into the open. Kill them before they get a chance to shoot back. Slowly walk along the wall. When you're about to reach the corner, look up and to the right a bit. You'll notice one of the drones is hanging from the ceiling. Destroy it with a few bullets. Don't leave this spot just yet, as there is another drone you can eliminate from this position. Turn to the right, then look up. In the distance, you should be able to see the drone hooked up to a ceiling bracket. Take it out. Now, you can venture further, but go slowly. At this corner, there is the third drone. Becareful not to arouse the guards, since there are two of them no far off. Aim up high in the air and tiptoe to the corner. As soon as you have made visual contact with it, fire.

Now, the storage room. There's the normal two, each hanging from the beams inbetween the upper walkways. When you open the door, start going in reverse. The most important thing is to get out of their firing range and kill the enemies. Be sure all of them are dead before you try tackling the drones. If no one else is left to attack you, reopen the door and back out of sight. Aim carefully and take out each of the two drones. With them out of the way, there are just two remaining. As soon as you reach the end of the tight doorway leading into the room, there's a drone on each side. Slowly peek around each corner and shoot them. If all went well, they'll have all been destroyed and you'll have a good amount of health.

Also, as The Extremist mentioned, definitely grab the body armour from the ventilation shaft at the top of the control center. It may not make you invincible, but it'll allow you to sustain a lot more damage.

Last edited by Wreck on Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you set everything to 1000%.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't go into details regarding the best way to protect Natalya as the guards come pouring into the control room. There are two good places to stand and keep watch, one better than the other. But first, make sure that all of the glass is still left unbroken before Natalya makes it into the area. This will be a big help, as no one will be able to shoot at her from the bottom floor until they blow out the glass on their own.

I've found that the best position to take up as the guards are attacking, is right up against the glass pane where Boris is normally stationed. With your back to it, you should be centered between both stairwells looking at Natalya's back. Equip a D5K Deutsche, as it will defeat your enemies quicker. Look left and right, keeping an eye out for both stairsets. When an enemy approaches, kill them as fast as you can and watch out for the opposite stairs.

This will last for sometime, until you hear a pane of glass break. Immediately look left and right and spot the broken glass, then shoot the enemy before he has the chance to fire at Natalya. Follow the same steps, while watching out for guards that try and shoot from the now open areas where the glass once was.

Once the objective has been completed, stay with Natalya until she reaches the elevator, just to be sure that she doesn't get bumped off as you move towards the final mainframe terminal. I've had her die a few times because of this, mostly during speed runs. If you don't care about time, keep pace with her the whole way. Believe me, it's quite frustating having her get killed after protecting her for all that time in the control room. Once she is free and away, head back into the control room and down to the bottom floor.

Enter through the door next to the storage room, that had the four drones (two on Agent mode), and you'll find a small room with a glass protected mainframe. Eliminate the two guards, then shut the door behind you. Plant a mine on the glass next to the opposite door, which will ensure a much better chance of it blowing up. Run through the doorway and into the cargo room. Detonate the mine as you head towards the other elevator across from Janus. Hopefully you'll make it to the ending without taking on much damage. Just zig-zag, constantly strafing to pickup speed. Also, do remember to grab the body armour from the ventilation opening on the top floor prior to getting Natalya.

Maxout

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm only an expert possibly so I'm not one of those elite masters at that other forum, but on agent you should beable to get through the level without body armor and going through the control room with the two guns without blowing them up. You'll lose 80 percent of your life, but the guys on agent are so easy to take out.

Everyone has given some good advice. I should try praticing protecting Natalya from those places mentioned. I think most typically is people stand right behind her like I do.

One time it was dead silence as I just eliminated all the guys ten seconds ago...

"James could you keep that noise down"

eh, women...

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: