ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Alfredo Lamberra
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And the third one is almost done too, yep, I'm making quite some progress Smile maybe if I have time i'll make a trailer or something like that-I'll keep you informed!

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey.
Maybe just an idea, cause I'm beginning to understand texture editing:
I have an idea to modify maybe some textures, but that would only turn out well if I'd change the sky too.
So, could you tell me exactly how to change (the color) of skies? Smile
Thanks in advance!
EDIT: never mind, I've found the basics:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/experiment3.jpg/
Could you just explain me please what all those other parameters stand for..?

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We still don't know much about what most of the sky settings do. I'll do a test map to understand them better, but here's what I have experienced with them:

---------------------------------------

Visibility - Escale factor for some skylevel boxes. >1 makes them smaller, while <1 makes them bigger

RRGGBBCC - Fog and primary Sky colors

Blend Mult - GE usually has it at 10. Max value is Dam (cinema) with 150 (30 at 0.2 scale). While playing max is 25 (Dam 5 at 0.2 scale)
It disipates or concentrates the fog. The higher the value the furthest you can see clearly. A low value will add a lot of fog to level (you can still see something with 0 value).
But high values causes weird graphics glitches (seems to mess with display order or Z buffer).
Highest safe value I got was 30 (6 at 0.2 scale).
Affected by Visibility.

Far Fog - Drawing distance. The higher the value the further you can see background generating.
Affected by Visibility.

Near Fog - It seems to affect props display (they get invisible if high value?). Needs more testing.

Clouds Red, Green, Blue - Sky secondary colours

Max Obj Vis - Needs more testing

Far Obj Obfusc Dist - Needs more testing

Near Obj Obfusc Dist - Needs more testing

Water Red, Gree, Blue - Water colors

Intensity Diff - GE has it always at 0x3E7 (999)
Changing value has no visible effect.

Far Intensity - GE usually has it as 0x3E4 (996), which is maximun value. Minimun value is Surface 2 with 0x3BD (957)
Decreasing it to 0 makes a lot of fog to appear. Seems to be the same as to have Blend Mult to 0.
Making it bigger than 0x3E4 removes fog, but it seems it causes flickering where the "cut" of drawing distance is done, at least in very big maps.
The value doesn't seem to be a distance in hex.

Near Intensity - GE has it usually as 0x3E8 (1000). Exception is Bunker 2 with 0x41A (1050)
Making it 0 removes fog. Actually, going lower than 0x3E8 removes fog, while increasing it makes it lighter, until at 0x400 is almost unnoticeable.
If Far Intensity is 0, no matter the value of Near Intensity; fog will reign.
But it seems going higher than 0x3E8 causes flickering where the "cut" of drawing distance is done, at least in very big maps.

Cloud repeat - Size of clouds. The bigger the value the more clouds repeat. At value = 1000, you can only see clouds in the very distance.

Offset Sky Img - Texture used for sky. Default value is 0000. Some other values are valid too:
0001 display a clear sky with small non moving round clouds
0002 display long and thin clouds with animation
0003 and on use game textures with corrupted results. Some might be interesting.

Water Repeat - Size of waves. The bigger the value the more waves repeat.

Water Img Offset - Texture used for water. Valid value is 0002. Other values display as corrupted garbage.

Water Enable - 00 disables water, 01 enables it. You need to enable clouds in order to see water.

Concavity - GE has it usually as 0. Other values are 7 (with 0.2 visibility, Surface1), 20 (with 0.2 visibility, Surface2-no cinema), 25 (Streets, Depot and Train) , 30 (Statue)
No changes appreciated.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Sogun!
I'll get experimenting with this when I see a chance Laughing
but first I have a lot of other things to finish.. Wink

Rey

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh god yup,they do need much more testing. I before messed with each of those to get so much results. I always wondered,The water color never changed for certain times. So I would just edit the texture.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi.
I can't seem to apply a setup file to a rom of wich I changed the sky? The rom with changed sky loads fine, but when I chose convert rom and I chose a setup file, next the rom with changed skies, the level didn't load when pressed start.
Am I doing something wrong?

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn.
Texture change, fine.
Changed sky, fine.
I can even get changed sky and texture in the same rom!
But when I apply a setup file to this damn rom the level doesn't load anymore...
this quite kills my ideas if I don't find a bloody solution Sad
EDIT: yess, I tried injecting instead of converting and that worked Smile
mmh still need to find how I will put a briefing in it now since converting doesn't work...
any idea to fix this??

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I finally succeeded in making a small trailer(sort of) for this project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B0KHYl0Fgg&feature=youtu.be
Enjoy!
--!!This does not mean the project is coming soon!!--
I'll make a stage chart(or so) so you can see the progress Smile
Thanks for reading!

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome in June.

First, I'm a bit frustrated.
The interest in this project seems sharply reduced...
It's no fun when you can finally show something(my video, link in previous post)and no one seems to have noticed...
or everybody's just being silent Laughing

Now, unfortunately, I have bad news.
All editing will stop for a month and maybe even longer...
life will be asking a lot in the future Rolling Eyes
I'll need to prepare for it, you see. I say SHOULD, I can'r promise anything...
I should be back on it in mid-July.

Those who eventually read this, feel free to watch the video and comment on it.
Thanks for reading-if this is still being read Laughing

AverageGamerStoner1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your project looks pretty cool, I really hope you get to finish it and that I'll be able to try it out someday Smile

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you!
Yeah it will be finished
" d'office " Laughing , which means no matter what happens. Even if it takes me 30 years Laughing
I guess you'll just have to be verrrry patient Rolling Eyes

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I was looking at the level I'm currently making,and I've got a strange situation. Not really a problem, but it looks quite strange...
A guard shoots three other guards,but the strange thing is, they already seem to die even before the guard can take out his gun.
Is this normal or is there something wrong in the action block?
Thanks Smile

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The animation versus the actual guard dying are two different things. So you'd want to trigger their animation of death, then a little bit later via cycle counter trigger their death.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn no idea how to begin with that...

Look I just used this tutorial:
http://goldeneye.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Have_a_Guard_Kill_Another_Guard

Here I can't see anything of an animation being triggered, would this mean the tutorial is outdated or something like that?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's the "Guard targets guard" line.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: