ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Alfredo Lamberra
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Alfredo Lamberra Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know anybody is even going to read this, but I was curious.
Who did enjoy my Alfredo Lamberra story-levels series?
I am asking because I plan to make a special pack, in which i would include all original levels, fixed and updated, plus 2 never released bonus levels(i planned to put those in the original story but after all they didn't fit enough) and...a complete new story, which will go about the 5 days before Alfredo discovered the truth about trevelyan.
I am making a movie of this, will post youtube link in future.
Now i'd like to know if anyone would be intrested in this?

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't tried your levels yet, I'll see when I get the time to give them a try.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have yet to try them out, but I do think a pack with all of them would definitely interest people. Playing them one patch at a time can be an annoyance, so putting them all together into one ROM will be more appealing. Sort of like custom multi maps. It's more fun to keep it in one place, rather than spread around in multiple files.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's what I meant, 1 general patch will be more attractive I hope, and gives more the feeling that it all is one big story.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

a little introduction to the story 5 days before Alfredo Lamberra discovers everything:
-it's a cold night in Russia. On a runway base, somewhere in the mountains, Alfredo is watching over the facility, together with his friend, general Trevelyan. Suddenly, a group of heavily armed guards storms the runway. Alfredo and his friend will need to show how they skilled they are in the following battle. After that, they will investigate. Why? and Who? A quest of secrets follows. Alfredo tumbles in the great bowl of mysteries, and finally he discovers something, something he actually never wanted to discover, something that changed his life.-
Of course, those who have played my levels know what this is all about. I Hope this makes everybody who liked my series interested and excited Mr. Green

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well now that I begun working on this level: i have a question, and expect to see more questions. I want guards to run to you, and then they should attack, like those on runway, but! they don't need to spawn from everywhere. And how can you let guards shoot at objects, if possible?
Tell me action block please.
Thanks Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't find a guard fires at preset, although that would be cool. They can only fire at guns. You can have guard runs at Bond, maybe action 12?

SilverEye wrote:
well now that I begun working on this level: i have a question, and expect to see more questions. I want guards to run to you, and then they should attack, like those on runway, but! they don't need to spawn from everywhere. And how can you let guards shoot at objects, if possible?
Tell me action block please.
Thanks Very Happy

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well actually in armymen's vietnam level guards fire at a certain point....i wonder how he did that?

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

and also i didn't had luck with action 12, he did nothing Rolling Eyes i'll keep trying

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well, now i didnt find what i was looking for exactly, but i am satisfied. The guards already fire in stead of waiting to detect you. i actually wanted them to storm to you, like all those guards in Rey's ice caverns.
I can already say that the very first level of the prologue-that's how I will call it from now on, and you know it will be released in a pack-will be very chaotic, i already put at least 50 guards in it, 3 moving vehicles,... and no aimer garbitch or something like that!!!, only a very little bit of lag-at the moment, i always can try to remove that-so action is guaranteed. Very Happy
also i think of putting a gun with very elevated stats in it, to blow away those guards. Very Happy hope this makes people intressed Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put all of the levels into one pack - I've gotten sick of being unable to play Goldeneye X, since I can't get any emulators to work properly (unlike say the SNES or Megadrive, where the emulators work perfectly), so I've bought an Everdrive 64 and I am very keen to try your missions, but I'd prefer it in an all-in-one patch as that would make it feel far more like a true Goldeneye game, (and don't we all want another GE game, and not a Medal of Duty: Combat Evolved cash in?).

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First of all i have to say it pleasures me you're intrested!
Yes sir, it will be one patch with every level modded except cradle! Very Happy
here i'll tell you some information:
every other level in the original game(those which i did not modded already) will have a role in the prologue, except cradle, if everything goes well. Also, if any of those pro's hanging around here would help me with a new logo or something like that, man that would be amazing!(of course u all remember monkeyface's cs pack, amazing intro logo) But of course first of all i'll try to do the basics Very Happy this is what is in my mind for updating my originals:
-sahara prison, make it less creeky and fix the watch freeze+action blocks for the prisoners
-base, just more more more life in it damn i've always found that my weakest mission...
-havanna streets not too much ,maybe some more interaction with the team
-bunker escapades: some cosmetic changes maybe
-belgium cave base: less collecting stuff, more guard action
-secret hideaway: nothing. i am so proud of this one Very Happy
-nigeria forest: really no idea
-Trevelyan hq: damn silo is hard to edit, will have hard time if i want to reedit this, i mean you see quickly grey garbitch if u dont watch out
-showdown: more action, more craziness, more taunting, ...
last thing i want to tell is that the pack will also contain 2 levels i intended to put in the original story but never fitted: train and surface 1.....
intrested? keep following this topic Very Happy Very Happy

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good evening, or whatever what time it is when you're reading this....
well now I have some short questions, which might be useful when i continue editing: could someone please tell me in detail how to edit textures, like Rey sometimes does? I can't say I really am going to change textures, but maybe, just in case of...I already tried something but that didn't work...
oh and also, you all remember monleyface's cs pack, with edited intro logo...Does anyone know how he did that? is it simple enough for me to try it as well? I presume that it is very hard, but, maybe, in case of, if it's not THAT hard...i could give it a try...
thanks!!! Very Happy
oh and, despite of having a week no school previous week, I couldn't edit anyhting, too much personal life business etc...If everything continues right it is now, I will only be able to work intensive on it in july- and august. But let's hope I can start some earlier...lucky enough I can say it should be finished before next september.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi SilverEye,

About changing textures, I wrote a guide for Rey some months ago. I also talked about adding custom textures so I think both explanations are mixed. Read starting from this reply, there is some other info later:
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=50522#50522

And this image will help too: http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/GE_Editor_replacing_textures-1.jpg?t=1338249250

About changing the intro logo, you'll have to wait for Subdrag to answer. He helped me doing the same in the past. There's some hacking to be done to the rom in order to succed that I don't know (heh, I don't know a word about hacking). Aside for the hacking, you need to model your custom logo in 3D and save it to a OBJ file in order to inject it to the hacked rom.
Oh, and you can only change the Nintendo logo. I think they don't know how to edit the Rare logo yet.
Other things you can change are the very first screen (the one with the "suitable for 4 players" thing and the James Bond signature), and the GoldenEye logo screen; but I haven't tried those yet.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Basically just import a new obj file in edit model under 18 displaylist for that model. If you want it to work on console you need to manually edit the binary when done which I can show you how. Currently not rare logo just Nintendo though not sure why. Perhaps too big in my rests. You are limited in size though not sure limit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: