ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Alfredo Lamberra
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll have a look.
Thanks.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello again.
Now that I finally have some time:

THIS Alfredo Lamberra project is my priority and WHEN I'll have time, I'll continue to work on it. I'll try to post an image of my progress asap.

THIS project is going to be delayed because of that: http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=6155&start=30

And of course, my apologies for all the delay.

Rey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I await your Creation Smile

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone!

(Almost) a year has passed since the last post in this topic! That's even longer ago than I imagined!
Well, lots of things can happen in a full year, and that's..sort of what I'd like to tell you guys about.
ANYWAY, I'm posting this real quick, now that I have access to these forums for a short time. (I'm often prevented from logging in due to stupid server errors..)

So, let's get on topic: the "long awaited" Alfredo Lamberra pack, an ambitious project to change almost all singleplayer missions of the original Goldeneye into new Alfredo Lamberra themed missions: new storyline, different objects and guards, new objectives, etc.

As some of you might know, I already released 9 of these kind of levels, and they're still available on the fantastic site called goldeneyevault.com. I'll call them 'the original 9' for now.
Quite some time ago, I promised I'd update/fix these original 9, and that they would be part of the pack.
aaand now the good news: that job is done! Some were completely reworked, others just got the necessary improvements, and one of them even got a new 'location'! (Complicated story, I know..)

For those who've been following this project since the very beginning: you guys already know that this pack will contain more than just an update to the original 9.
I promised I'd include a small new set of levels as well, called the 'Alfredo Lamberra prologue.'
So, even more good news(!): I'm close to finishing these 6 new levels.

Wait? 9 plus 6 equals 15, right? What about the remaining 5 levels, SilverEye?

Well. I said 'ALMOST all singleplayer levels' Wink

But don't worry! 4 of those blanks WILL be filled with bonus material, such as side stories to the Alfredo Lamberra storyline, providing you with even more fun. (At least, I hope you'll have fun)

And what about that last level, SilverEye?

Ehhh. that's the bad news. It crashes no matter what I try.. Sad
Maybe I'll be able to fix it, though. You never know if I do find a solution! That would mean 20 new levels, instead of 19.

But let's see if I can finish the other content first!
I'll hope I will be able to release it some day. Hopefully soon!

Oh, by the way, here you can find some screens! https://imageshack.com/user/silvereye20 (last five pictures, NOT the ones titled 'experiment')

Thanks for reading guys, and let's hope it doesn't take me another year Laughing

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello again mate!

SilverEye wrote:

So, let's get on topic: the "long awaited" Alfredo Lamberra pack, an ambitious project to change almost all singleplayer missions of the original Goldeneye into new Alfredo Lamberra themed missions: new storyline, different objects and guards, new objectives, etc.

Brilliant!

Quote:

And what about that last level, SilverEye?

Ehhh. that's the bad news. It crashes no matter what I try.. Sad
Maybe I'll be able to fix it, though. You never know if I do find a solution! That would mean 20 new levels, instead of 19.

If you can't locate the fault yourself, I'd imagaine someone else who knew about Goldeneye hacking could help you with the problem?

Anyway, thanks for letting us know, and I'm really looking forward to playing the finished product!

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I actually already asked Subdrag something about that error I'm getting, but it seems my problem lies somewhere else than I thought before. So I'll just go and ask it here, right? Maybe another genius around here knows what's going on.
Allright, so the thing is, I can't get Silo to load anymore. Briefing loads fine. I hit start, screen goes black, stays black.

If I try to convert my other levels (you know, the rest of the pack) AND the files for Silo into the rom, Silo won't load anymore.

BUT! In my original, clean rom, Silo still loads perfectly. Also, converting ONLY Silo's files (setup, briefing, text) without the files of other levels works as well.

Important!!!!-->So it would seem that converting files of other levels into the rom has influence on how Silo behaves? Is there some truth in this theory?

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ehh. I'm sorry for double-posting, but I'll ask the question again because I'm REALLY stuck if I don't find a solution..

If I convert various setup files (and text and briefing files) I get problems with loading one level (Silo), even when I use the original Goldeneye files for Silo. Every other level loads fine.

Any idea what causes this? And how to fix it?

EDIT: NEVER MIND! Turned out I had to arrange the text presets even before I entered any text. Strange, but it seems fixed!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, good to hear the problem is fixed. Even better that you managed to sort it out yourself! Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Back from the dead.
For the time being, anyway. The cursed sever errors that prevent me from using this site seem to have disappeared temporarily. So I'll take the opportunity to quickly send out a small update on 'The story of Alfredo Lamberra.'

Well, I have great news: 18 out of 20 levels are finished, fully edited and working well. The release date is certainly getting closer, but you will probably have to wait a few more weeks. School is interfering a little bit in the process. Sad

My apologies for the long wait, but don't worry, the finish is in sight.
Many thanks to everyone who helped/supported me, and those of you who are excited to play this project: you won't be disappointed! Or, that's what I hope, at least Wink

Stay tuned!

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hold it you are saying 18 out of 20 levels are finish? Where the heck have I been? Shocked

Glad to see that you are keeping this project up and running as much as possible SilverEye. It be fantastic to see all your levels all setup into one rom. So we can all go though your adventure you created. Smile

Good luck with the rest of the project.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back mate! Glad to see the project is continuing, and I look forward to playing it.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone!

Since I really want to give this pack it's 'own feel' when it comes out, I thought it'd be fun if I could change even more things, aside from just the level setup and briefing text.
I've been playing around with Brosnan's picture already (the one that's shown in some of the menus). For example, I succeeded in changing it to Timothy Dalton, by using the images that were already available under 'image tools'.
However, I haven't been able to put a completely new face in it yet. The ROM loads fine, but crashes when the face would normally be shown.
Is this a problem I'm able to overcome, or is it just not possible to change this texture without 'destroying' the ROM?

On a side note, I've also been playing around with the music of certain levels, with ALL the other text files (weapon and character names), weapon stats, etc. I'm also going to TRY to write every level in the right order in it, for this time. That means a whole lot of work with changing sky values and scales, switching the little pictures from the mission select screen around,...
But I already gave it a try, and it seems doable enough. I think Laughing
I just really want to give it all I've got, because it's unlike anything I've done before!

Anyway, before I get completely lost in thoughts: anyone able to advise me on the Brosnan-picture-texture-thing?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You have to make sure you use the embedded mipmaps way (image type 87). Which option are you choosing for replace? And make sure sizes match. Good luck!

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, type 87 doesn't work. At first I just selected 'replace image', the first option, then I tried 87, but to no avail.
Size does seem to be OK as well... 80x65, right?
I think it has to something with the original being a 16 bit and my computer saving it automatically to 24 bit. '16 color' is another save option, but that doesn't work, it's something different I guess...

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you email or pm me the files and what number replacing. I'll take a look.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: