ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Alfredo Lamberra
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried it, to see if it worked. Basically split my image in to 4 65 x 65 images (24-bit bitmaps), then did "Replace Image with Embedded Mipmap 4-bit Greyscale Image (87 MipMap type) Tbl 8 - 24 Bit Bmp" to 0A2A - 0A2D for Bond. Then write ROM. It seemed to work, here's the 4 images I used:
http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/pizza_a.bmp
http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/pizza_b.bmp
http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/pizza_c.bmp
http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/pizza_d.bmp

http://gyazo.com/a30517758fc62fe5bac237e8d757c96b

For these images, don't need to pad out to 80 x 65, though that should still work fine.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, it actually did work this time. I thought the 'strange black bar' on the originals had to be included, but then I noticed your examples didn't have it, so I removed it. After that it displayed fine, that is, it didn't crash. The image was a bit weird, like the four parts didn't properly align. I sent you a mail about it, so you can see how it looks.
Any way to fix it, so it looks better?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You need to overlap one row of pixels, so make your image 128 x 128, then save each corner to an image of 65 x 65 (share one row) . You'll see it if look at my images, is a shared row between each. So your main image is not 129 x 129 but is 128 x 128.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That absolutely worked out marvelously! Thanks a lot!
I mailed you the result, now you already got a sneak peek of what "Alfredo Lamberra" is going to look like in the final product Wink

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi again! My unstable access to the forum is quite a nuisance, but anyways, here's what I have to ask:

As I already mentioned before, the ROM I'm working on is being polished to have its own fresh look, images are altered and switched around, etc.
But I've come across a small problem with the images of the 'split' level screens:

Some of them display fine (like the bottom half in this example), and others don't. This is the same with the smaller level screens in the 'mission overview'. Any correct method on swapping them around without messing up?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible your new images are bigger? I think there's a fixed ram size for menu images loaded.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I... don't think so? I just clicked on 'replace image' (because I didn't know what option to pick) and I used the exact same images as the ones that are used for Egypt level.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That reminds me of a similar issue I was having before replacing character profile images. If they ended up being much bigger than the original images, they'd show up somewhat garbled. In fact, it would even crash on console.

Which images have you been replacing? For the level select images (ones shown in mission folder and multiplayer mode) and two-part mission recon photos, I always save those as 24-bit Bitmaps, usually with Microsoft Paint. When you replace the small level images in the Editor Image Tools, use the "Replace Image with 8-bit Greyscale Image (00 type) Tbl 7 - 24 Bit bmp" option. If you're trying to replace those two-part mission photograph images, those shown in the briefing folder, use the "Replace Image with 4-bit Greyscale Image (00 type) Tbl 8 - 24 Bit bmp" option. You might have issues if they come out larger in size than the originals, so watch out for that. It might not matter too much on a single case basis, since the next image you replace may be smaller, which balances it out.

Oh, by the way, if you're simply re-using all the same level images from GoldenEye, but are now showing them in a different order, you could probably do that in the PwalletbondZ object model file. It contains most of the folder images, including all the levels. It should be simple enough to update each texture ID in that file using a Hex Editor. I could even do it for you, if you have trouble with it. I'd just need the new order. Like level 1 is Runway, level 2 is Control, level 3 is Jungle, etc.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm.. I don't really see those two options at all under image tools?
These are the only ones I'm getting:

...And I actually plan to use completely new screens for just a few levels, most of them will just get swapped around. I really appreciate the offer though! I'll let you know if plans change Wink

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wowza grab and use the latest beta, that's way out of date. What's the date in help about on yours.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Holy *** you're right, the build I was using dated back to 2011 Shocked
Thanks for alerting me! I updated it and the options I was missing are now all there, so I'll follow Wreck's guidelines and see how that works out...

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SilverEye wrote:
Holy *** you're right, the build I was using dated back to 2011 Shocked

Holy mother of mercy that is old as all sin. Shocked I am surprise how well your work has progress using such an old editor dated that far back.

Besides that, I have a very good question and it might be obvious as well but when this mod is finish entirely, will this be the first Goldeneye mod to be 100% finish on the Goldeneye Vault? Because over the years I've been here I don't think I've seen a completely finish Goldeneye Single Player Campaign on the vault.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With your version of the editor being that out of date, who knows how many issues you've been running into that have long since been fixed. Not just with image replacement, but with setups and actions. You may even want to reinstall it completely (to a new folder), as some important files could be missing.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@EternallyAries
Well, I guess it gets very close to that, but it's still not worth being called a real 100 % mod of the original GoldenEye, I believe. (That's more what Goldfinger 64 's going to be like, probably).
I'm, after all, still using all original stuff as a basis, and there's no single level going to be in it that was built up from scratch. (Custom levels like that are still wayyyy above my level).
It will be some sort of new thing when it's out, and I'll be darn proud of it, of course, but it also really depends on what you think is a 'new' level, etc. Sometimes it can be hard to use 'new' as a label... I'm very happy you're interested though!
And yeah, release date is still very unclear right now. Could be in two weeks, could take a few more months at most. But it's definitely getting closer, and I hope some people will be surprised and enjoy the pack when it's finally available.

@Wreck
Yeah, I just thought about that too, this really opens a door for me to revisit problems I had in the past and take a new look at them...
I'll see if I can reinstall the whole thing if I run into big problems with missing files or something like that.
Wowie, I feel kind of silly right now for working this long with a dinosaur version Laughing

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SilverEye wrote:
@EternallyAries
Well, I guess it gets very close to that, but it's still not worth being called a real 100 % mod of the original GoldenEye, I believe. (That's more what Goldfinger 64 's going to be like, probably).
I'm, after all, still using all original stuff as a basis, and there's no single level going to be in it that was built up from scratch. (Custom levels like that are still wayyyy above my level).
It will be some sort of new thing when it's out, and I'll be darn proud of it, of course, but it also really depends on what you think is a 'new' level, etc. Sometimes it can be hard to use 'new' as a label... I'm very happy you're interested though!
And yeah, release date is still very unclear right now. Could be in two weeks, could take a few more months at most. But it's definitely getting closer, and I hope some people will be surprised and enjoy the pack when it's finally available.

I see, well still the fact that all levels has been redesign (A better term I guess) would mean that this could be slightly fully finish mod. But that does not matter though, you're work and progress is really fantastic either way and I been keeping track on your work for quite a while now and still gonna continue to do so.

Good luck on the project.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: