ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - Fifth Official Patch Released! @ 09-22-12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ SATURN_81: I'm aware that the Crossbow bolts don't stick into anything, but I'm not sure there is a fix. It may be removed from future releases, anyway. The prop models the mission characters hold probably won't match the actual weapon they are firing. We'd have to update them all, and since these are just leftover PD missions, there is no point in doing so. The Autoshotgun sound effect is straight from GE007, so I don't know why it would be more quiet. I can take a look into it.

@ EternallyAries: Glad you had an opportunity to try out the newest release. It's much more fun having another human player involved, so it's great you had her to join in.

@ badair: Playing on the N64 is definitely the best way to experience it. Not only does it look the best, but it performs extremely well. Certain graphics plugins can't render the sky/clouds, don't have the fogging, won't light props and characters based on the clipping tile colouring, and can often suffer from slowdowns. Even with the best emulator and plugins, there is still something left to be desired. There is no perfect substitute for the console.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck hello if crossbow arrows are not nailed might perhaps have suffered a misconfiguration, the crossbow has been moved to another slot, but for me the most curious is how did you get the knife and stabs behave on objects when you have moved to the second slot?.
sounds about autoshootgun wanted to say that sound slightly lower than other weapons, including grenade launchers drum sound still sounds too low.
the autoshotgun is a weapon that is repeated in the classic weapon slots.
by the way, wanted to take the opportunity to say that Magnum cougar weapons and laser Moonreaker have a lower speed compared to GE. I hope to make them work like in the real game.
the speed with which the bullets travel in PD I think is one aspect to consider, some weapons in PD are either faster or slower rather something that GE (is almost imperceptible). this aspect may make the same weapons GE PD are more powerful (the most powerful in KF7 is that GE PD).
You can change the clock laser model by GE? I do not like the look of a clenched fist in PD.

everything has been a good job for 5 patch, especially you focused this time on weapons and stuff I liked. a small touch on this issue and we settled the issue of weapons.

Simdrew1993
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, Great Job Guys! This is incredible! I can't wait till the solo missions are in it too, that's what I'm wanting for. But yeah great work!
Enjoy my discovered glitch videos in PD 64..I've discovered quite a bit.

MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome, I was really waiting for this. I'll go check it out right now.

MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, so far it's so awesome, really appreciate the work to include classic Bonds, I was waiting for that. I do notice one problem though, perhaps it's just on my end but I have a pretty good computer. When I played using Project 64 against one simulant to test things out, there would be a bit of lag each time the simulant first saw me after each kill. Other than that, everything seems great.

AverageGamerStoner1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MJ Bond wrote:
Well, so far it's so awesome, really appreciate the work to include classic Bonds, I was waiting for that. I do notice one problem though, perhaps it's just on my end but I have a pretty good computer. When I played using Project 64 against one simulant to test things out, there would be a bit of lag each time the simulant first saw me after each kill. Other than that, everything seems great.

Hey man, you should play online with us again sometime.

MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, in order to play all the different GE edits as well as GE: X, I'd need an updated ini file for Mupen.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The mupen ini has GoldenEye X 5a on vault

MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=166

I looked at this, and it says May 26 2009. Is the updated file elsewhere?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry about the date, it's always getting updated. I don't think Sub has it setup to automatically change the date whenever he replaces it with the newest data.

And be sure to have your Mupen closed when saving the ini file over the original. If you don't, it'll revert back to the way it was before.

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

also which reminds me when are you gonna be starting the sp missions wreck?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't try to load any, but it looks like the missions are already there.

I also noticed another thing, simulants in Caverns don't seem to know how to open doors.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The names and level select images are in, but that's as far as the mission campaign goes in 5a. All of the levels are leftover from PD, but have strange qualities to them due to replacing so much in the game. Different guards, changed weapons, horrible textures, and some issues with completing objectives. I know Deep Sea won't load, as it was too big to put back into the ROM. I did manage to get Area 51 in, so that got those four missions running again.

As for when? Well, we'll be working on that over the next while.

The eyelid doors in Caverns do pose a problem with Simulants. That's another thing we are going to try to fix for future releases. It makes the Assignments in that map way too easy.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Solo is really just a bonus whatever you get, but I found Pelagic II's intro quite funny.

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol subdrag

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: