ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - Fifth Official Patch Released! @ 09-22-12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicdancer77
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great:) been awaiting this for a while and pleased to see it is out. Great update and that you keep the game alive for us.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A few updates you'll find in the next release...

HUD
The ammo bars and function colours have been modified. We had a lot of trouble getting new colours in, since the original files wouldn't compress down to their original size or smaller. Luckily we found a pattern and managed to find a scheme that worked.

Also, the progress bar that appears at the top of the screen while you are uploading firing commands to the computer terminal in Space Race has been changed to green.

Characters
All 25 generic male heads have been updated to support sunglasses in the mission campaign. You'll be able to see them first in PD missions, such as the Villa.

Weapons
Firing rates of all rapid fire and burst fire weapons (Klobb - RC-P90) have been adjusted to match the original game. I previously was only able to test via emulation, which must have caused some slowdown and misleading results. After Trevor (who is responsible for the weapons in GF64) mentioned to SubDrag that no weapon should be under 600 RPM, I decided to dig deeper into it. After a series of tests using two N64's side-by-side, I was able to confirm the proper firing rates for these weapons. They now match perfectly.

Klobb...
Firing rate increased from 500 rpm to 600 rpm.

KF7 Soviet...
Firing rate increased from 450 rpm to 600 rpm.

ZMG (9mm)...
Firing rate increased from 700 rpm to 900 rpm.

D5K Deutsche...

D5K Silenced...

Phantom...

AR33 Assault Rifle...
Firing rate increased from 700 rpm to 900 rpm.

RC-P90...
Firing rate increased from 650 rpm to 900 rpm.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your work is appreciated. Well done.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

means first that RPM? RPM means revolutions per minute? and can explain exactly happens with RPM?. Wreck weapons you mentioned are somewhat faster in PD than in GE, with the exception of the AR33 Assault Rifle and the RC-P90 that are slower in PD than in GE. Is this the change we are talking about?

disarm function is very well off to maintain maximum orinalidad with GE, but that seems to activate it from the Cheat Menu for those less hechan this feature? . by the way I love that PD can take a gun shooting at an enemy that is carrying a weapon, if it was disabled is likely that the game has increased the difficulty, I personally do not like this feature to be disabled.

now it is too early to talk about this, but with full levels of "Virtual Reality" (eg facility, Egyptian, Bunker ....). these levels may be placed in the way of missions for 6 patch? I'm not talking to putting this whole mission, but rather talk of playing these levels only fighting with enemies in a nivel.digo this so we can all enjoy, while missions are being finalized for the new patch.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RPM stands for Rounds Per Minute. Basically, it is how many bullets are fired within a sixty second time period. I clocked all of the rapid fire and burst fire weapons in the original GoldenEye, and found their correct RPM's. All of those guns in GEX were actually slower than they should have been. Each has now been updated to use the proper firing rates.

I enjoy the ability to shoot a weapon out of an enemy's hand, so that feature will likely stay. The Disarm function may show up again one day, but only for the Taser. We'll have to see when we get there.

You'll have to wait for the full levels (Facility, Archives, Caverns, etc) to be playable in the mission campaign. VR mode won't include the entire levels, as they can be too hard on performance, or just plain too big.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great news Wreck! keep up the updates!

goldeneyegod
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just been play goldeneye x on my ever drive and its ace but have noticed assiments 3, 12 and 16 won't load they just go to a black screen also when I select some of the simulants the game also refuses to start just black screen.

Wondering if any one else has been havin this problem. Also to note my n64 doesn't have the 4mb expansion pack.

Tested it on a emulator and it seems without the 4mb expansion enabled the game also goes to black screen. Just thought you guys might want to know.

Apart from that is amazing what you'v achieved. Any news on when the next patch will be out or when the solo missions will be implament carn't wait to play those with pd engine and hopefully co-op and counter co-op will be fantastic.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Without the expansion pak most of the Perfect Dark features aren't available or only half of it.

I don't know what's the limit of sims without the expansion pak, it's probably 4, but I don't remember those Assignments having that many bots.

Perhaps GE maps have a greater amount of textures than the PD multi maps and since PD bodies uses more textures than GE models there isn't enough memory?
Assignments 3 and 12 are played in Facility, and assignment 16 takes place in Bunker 2. From my notes, those levels (with Archives) have way more textures than any other PD multi map.
I wonder if we can play those levels with 8 sims even with the expansion pak.

EDIT:
I was able to play Faciliy, Bunker 2 and Archives against 8 sims while they had the same body. But after giving a different body to each sim Archives didn't load. I'd have to do the same in the original PD and see...

EDIT 2:
Wow. Felicity with 8 sims with different bodies doesn't load either on emulator. Now I'll have to try it on console to be sure...

EDIT 3:
It works on console without any issues (Felicity and Warehouse, 8 sims with different bodies in original PD). The only difference is that I tried a NTSC rom and my cartridge is PAL, but I don't think that's related.

Last edited by Sogun on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:16 am; edited 2 times in total

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They also didn't mention that they bugger which characters you can play with.

Unlike GE that dynamically loads rooms as needed during gameplay and flushes out ones that aren't within 'sight', PD loads the whole map once, at startup, and keeps it there.

Sims are effectively nothing but guards and not a big deal. Outside of their models there's very little overhead. Players though have a large block of player variables that have to be accounted for in addition to having normal sim data. Don't remember the size in PD (should be smaller than GE actually) but in GE it was 0x2A80 or something like that.

You probably could hack 3-4 players in most PD multis actually; there should be enough room in most cases. The issue is that there isn't in all cases, and 4MB support was probably a very late addition imposed by legal or PR. Statistically most N64 users didn't have an exp. pak.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From experience I found that AI almost seemed hampered when there wasn't an expansion pack - not that the stimulant AI is overly immersive anyway...

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck and I messed with allocations in 4 meg mode, and pushed them as far as they could go. Unfortunately, these two levels just could not load. I think they might load 1P, and maybe 2P no sims, but that was about it. Or they might not load at all, can't remember. I remember even trying to make some textures 15 color, but I don't think it worked and level didn't look as good.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the texture optimization to 15 colours did help the levels in question to load, but they didn't look nearly as good. In Lo-Res mode, you have no control over your character choice. Players one and two are both Bond Tuxedo, and all the Simulants are TerrorSims (Siberian Guard Black with Terrorist head). While this does help to keep the cost of image space down, some GoldenEye maps just use too many textures of too big a size. Facility and Bunker are definitely two of them, and I have a feeling Caverns might push it, too. Been a while since Sub and I tested.

Unfortunately, Lo-Res mode isn't currently capable of supporting all the levels. Via emulation, you can play in Hi-Res mode automatically, but on console you require the Expansion Pak. It's definitely worth getting, if not just for this mod, for many other N64 games that utilize it.

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to play the goldeneye solo levels in perect dark.

When I saw the goldeneye kind of missions in the perfect d.... I mean, Goldeneye X, my heart almost lost a beat Shocked Too bad that it isn't the propper goldeneye level.

Bond: Your last chance! Give me the name!!

Lachaise: You still threat me, even without your weapon??

Bond: *BANG!*

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I decided to spend a few hours trying to correct the muzzle flash / bullet point of origin on the three weapons that were still off as of 5a. The PP7 Silenced, D5K Silenced, and the Golden Gun. Though I did remove the flashes from the silenced variants, you could still see that the bullets weren't firing from the barrels. After some thorough testing, I am much happier with the results. Also, the Golden Gun now features a properly sized and positioned muzzle flash. I compared it closely to the original game, to ensure I could get it as close as possible. Minor aesthetic details, but it all adds up in the end.

Oh, and here's a little something I came across while changing values...

How are those for itchy trigger fingers? Razz

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

good job Wreck.me like to see some pictures with the muzzle flash-gun Golden, DK5 silenced PP7 and now corrected.
the handles of weapons of PD are usually thicker than GE, therefore may be why you see the finger that pulls the trigger longer therefore not say whether it would be desirable to remodel the hand model . I see you've narrowed some models of weapons to match the actual size in GE, that I do not see anything good or bad, but if the sizes of the weapons are reduced and the size of the weapons are not reduced, the end we will have bigger hands than armas.de results anyway even so I like.
I wonder if the hand model with a closed fist can be remodeled (Notice the Laser Watch) is a little weird to see visually.
and indeed for any missing weapon in the mod GE could be put in the slot in its second function Unarmed karate chop the existing goldeneye.

as last issue did spark produced bullets upon impact with some object character can be changed for the mod?. in GE when the bullet hits a wall or tile out a kind of paper carton, chips or debris. and the sounds of bullets while riding in GE make noise like in the movies unlike PD. too can be changed?

everything is to make the mod as faithful as possible to the original game. regards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: