ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - Fifth Official Patch Released! @ 09-22-12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Imported ge007 screens and a fixed bunker eye, very nice I love the picks Very Happy
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOOHOO!! First the hanging monitors and now the reflecting eye! All in the same room both objects are corrected. Now Bunker is completely fixed. I don't think I've noticed any other issues on the other maps except for Caverns which has since been corrected. Though this one definitely got the corrections it needed to be a complete mod conversion.

Hopefully the Grenade Launcher shells get the corrected color conversion and the Automatic shotgun shells disappearance on the last five shells are converted as well.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More good news to report...
SubDrag was able to get the Silo X track to loop properly. This means that it can now be added into the VR music list. However, since there aren't enough slots to just stick this in, we've decided to replace the two Elevator songs. Instead, you will now find Silo X, as well as the End Credits theme. If, one day down the road, we can increase the total number of songs available for use in VR, the Elevator tunes will be put back in.

The monitors on the racks sound just like the monitors anywhere else. Shooting the body will make a metallic impact, and the screen a glass sound. Hitting the center support on the rack is also metal.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds great! Hope to hear more good news as it comes.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

these changes are great. right now we have a reflectivity for the eye that is on the wall of the bunker, either the original reflectivity GE007 or if not, the truth is that it uses a reflectivity that is aceptble guess for most fans of the mod GEX.
Silo X music is another aspect that I liked especially for a sensation GE007, without this song seemed to lack some spark to mod.

with these changes again surprised me, since in fact have come as a pleasant surprise, in addition to a simple principle for mod changes seem almost impossible and when they believe these changes to the mod that please all fans.

not really think GEX should all be similar to GE007, but I like to make efforts to include those characteristics that made your day GE007 in a unique game. this does not mean you have to be accurate, but all also think as to what extent it affects the gameplay difference GEX GE007.

good work, I hope to play soon the new patch.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Wreck it just came to me I was wondering since you changed the ammo charge color scheme. I was playing Goldeneye and noticed that when you look at the ammo you see the different bullet types on display right. Well would it be possible to change the ammo charge color scheme to different colors depending on what weapon you are carrying at the bullets used for it?
For example, like the shotgun shells display bullet on the right bottom corner in GE007 is red in GEX you can change the color scheme to red for the shotgun shells, for the Golden Gun you can change the ammo charge color screen to that same golden bullets color used in GE007, for the Magnum Bullets silver, and etc. You see what I mean. What do you think about that idea? It's a concept that just came to me now.

For the mines the color schemes for the ammo should be the same color of the mine display screen in GE007. Remote Mine's charge ammo should be that red color shown in GE007 remote mine ammo display, Timed mines ammo charge should be yellow like the GE007 timed mines ammo display, and the proximity mines ammo charge should be green like the GE007 proximity mines ammo display. The ammo charge can be set up to use the same color values the ammo displays from GE007 used for every weapon. For v5b you can keep the new ammo charge color scheme to see how well it is then you can look into using this concept for ammo charge color schemes for different weapons in a future patch. What do you think?

goldeneyegod
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great to see everyone is hard at work and making goldeneye x all that it can be with all these little details and fixes. I have to ask how are things going on getting the next patch out? any release date planned? I know theres not going to be any big updates but the little details and changes I can't wait to see implimented. And on a side not will my saved game profile with all the challenges and stats carry over onto updates in the future?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Updates!

I took a look into the Grenade Launcher shells being the wrong colour. It turns out it was a simple mistake I made when setting up the model. I had split up the RGB between the primary and secondary parts, but didn't point the secondary to the right spot. Instead, it was using colours assigned to the rest of the spinning cylinder. That's why it was greyscale. With the proper RGB pointer setup, the shells are their normal shade.

The Seeker (formerly the C-KR Launcher) has been setup to use Homing Missiles as its first function. Rather than just using a regular old rocket, you will be able to target an opponent (by hovering over them with your sight) and automatically have the missile follow them around a map once fired. Just becareful, since Simulants can also make use of this feature. The second function remains the Guided Missile... which Sims also enjoy practicing with.

Thanks to SubDrag, we now have all 14 original weapon sets from GoldenEye. The two that were previously missing (Grenades and Timed Mines) will be available in patch 5b. We need to do some thorough testing to make sure everything is working correctly, as two different tables needed to be adjusted in size, and another redirected.

*as a sidenote: if you've saved any custom preset scenarios, you may need to alter them to work in 5b. If you have either Focus Pill, Body Armor, or Disabled in your custom weapon set, you must change them to something earlier in the list. When you resave your scenario, just load it up in 5b and correctly reassign those three things if needbe. If you don't... it could crash the game. Just thought I'd warn ya. Razz

Other things to quickly mention...
Xenia no longer has orange blood.
Throwing Knives do not use auto-aim anymore.
Watch Laser also doesn't have auto-aim.
Assault Trooper's back patch removed.
K7's Threat Detector updated to work with GE grenade/mines.
Fun disguise available in the Institute device training lab.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I'm aware, your saved game profiles from 5a should be completely compatible with 5b. That includes VR character/stats, Virtual Assignments, preset scenarios, mission completion, and unlocked cheats.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

on C-KR Launcher, now means that humans can restore vision to launch a remotely piloted rocket?. do not know if this has to do with emulators or if this lack of vision with rockets, CamSpy, DrugSpy and BombSpy occurs because you have patched the rom.
Wreck remember previously talked about a new model for the C-KR Launcher (if it was not a custom model) or whether this time used PD models Rocket Launcher or Slayer.

Xenia had a blood orange color? I had not noticed before.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure you're using the newest version (1.6.1) of Jabo's DX8 plugin or Glide64 for the frame buffer effects to work.

Throwing the targeted rocket function on the Slayer/Seeker as a primary is a good call.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 'Pistols' weapon set has been corrected with the silenced PP7s. Will it be possible to look into the information tables that stores the amount of weapons in each single slot?

For example, in GE007 Facility there are 3 locations for Silenced PP7, 3 DD44 Dostovei (with 2 Dostveis in one room) and 2 cougar magnums in different locations. In GEX facility, there are a total of 2 dd44 dostoveis, 4 pp7 silenced and 2 cougar magnums (the cougar magnums are in the same locations as in GE007).

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren thanks for the info, I have Project64 1.6 without the patch and I have another Project64 with patch to update to version 1.6.1 (of course I have the emulator patched). I think I know what you're talking Dragonsbrethren, if I remember correctly. is that Perfect Dark roms unpatched CamSpy can see, rockets aimed at the console as real, and even with the application of the patch to update Project64 can see heaven in GE correctly. the problem arises when the PD is patched rom either GEX patches or any other patch, and the Rockets led camspy can not see where the drive. That is the reason for my question, I thought that could wreck have found a way to solve this problem. if it were that would be a joy for all.

if anyone knows some other emulator patch after patch or version 1.6.1 would appreciate it. thing about this patch is that the heavens corrrije GE and Camspy works correctly, and also some games where the music did not sound like the game "twine", this patch gets everything correjir and music and finally can be heard.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Golden Gun Weapon set corrected!!....sort of Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I thought I'd let the GEX team know that I sort of found a correction for the Golden Gun weapon set. I was testing this issue out in the Facility map. This is the corrected set:

1. DD44 Dostovei
2. Klobb
3. KF7 Soviet
4. Body Armour
5. Golden Gun
6. PP7 (Silenced)

Now this gives us the "important" correction that I was trying to explain before where there should be only 1 location for the golden gun and the other location should be a PP7 (Silenced). This "corrected" setting gave me 1 location for the golden gun and 1 location for the PP7 (Silenced) everything else including the body armor have 2 different locations. The only difference now is most of the original locations have swapped. If there is a way to change the locations for this weapon set ONLY then this will fix the golden gun weapon set issue for good.

P.S. Even though the locations for the weapons have moved I like where the Golden Gun is located here. Very Happy

Update: Found a correction for the Pistols Weapon set!

1. DD44 Dostovei
2. PP7 (Silenced)
3. Cougar Magnum
4. Body Armour
5. PP7 (Silenced)
6. DD44 Dostovei

Again I tested this problem in the Facility map only. This makes it even as it was in GoldenEye. This "corrected" set gives you 3 DD44 Dostovei locations very similar and close to each other as I feel they should meant to be. 3 PP7 (Silenced) locations very similar to Where they were in GE007 and 2 locations for the Cougar Magnum as well as the Body Armour. My only solution if it's possible would be to swap the Cougar Magnum that is on the upper level next to the restroom with the Body Armor that is in the room with the metal tanks or switch the body armour in the metal tank room with the cougar magnum inside the bathroom. That should solve the problem for the Pistols Weapon Set. Very Happy

Note: These corrections should only be made for the Golden Gun and Pistols weapon sets exclusively. This is the closeness of them as it comes to how they were in GoldenEye. If minor weapon location swaps can be made then that is even more better.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Getting it precise would be a bit tricky.
GE has 8 unique weapon slots, PD obviously less with one typically assigned to BA. Thanks to irregular slot numbering it really isn't possible to have every weapon show up exactly where it should.

Your best fit solutions aren't bad though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: