ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - Fifth Official Patch Released! @ 09-22-12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My only question now is can the GEX team be able to swap locations of some weapons for the Golden Gun and Pistols weapons sets without it effecting the weapon locations of the other weapon sets? And can the weapon locations be changed for each map individually without it effecting another map? That's what I don't know. Now it seems to me that changing the 4th, 5th,and 6th, slots effect the last two slots for having only 1 weapon location for that specific weapon. Wreck told me the pistols weapon set in GE have 3 DD44 Dostovei, 3 Silenced PP7, 2 Cougar Magnums and of course 2 Body Armour locations. Now my setup shows that you can get these same amount of weapons and body armours for the pistols weapon set for each map. The only solution left which I think can be made possible is just a matter of swapping weapon locations on a map.

By the way, if it is possible to swap weapon locations then so far for the facility map only I suggest for the Pistols weapon set to leave 1 cougar magnum inside the restroom, swap the body armour in the metal tank room with the cougar magnum that is on the upper level next to the restroom, and put the PP7 (silenced) where the cougar magnum was next to the restrooms and put the body armour inside the room with the electric door and glass window.

For the Golden Gun weapon set, put the Golden Gun inside the restroom (which is where it is in GE007), put the body armour from the metal tank room inside the room where the Golden Gun is. The KF7 Soviet inside the restroom should be redirected to the room where the red tank is. The Klobb where the PP7 (silenced) is and the PP7 (silenced) inside the metal tank room where the body armour was. This way it's close to where the body armour is located for every weapon set. This way you don't have to change up each weapon set.

Worse case scenario would have to be to change each weapon set so that they use all 6 slots and at the same time fix up the weapon locations for each map.

Last edited by AstroBomber on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Again, we are not able to change this safely, without impacting all of the levels, and is a result of PD enhancements, and like some of the others, these yield a slightly different result in the game. Rearranging the weapons in the set will impact every level badly, even if improving one of them, it would impact the others. If we can do this perfectly later we will, but it is not possible right now, and again it is meant to be a new experience, not GoldenEye 007 + sims. It will be a new X experience. Be satisfied with the fact you can make a custom preset, so I suggest going that route.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey no need to get in a tight fit here. I'm just trying to look at all the possibilities that's all.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds like you've come up with a pretty good way of having the correct weapon denominations, but the result is a new arrangement in the level. Now, the problem with this, is that there is no way to move the weapons around the map based on weapon sets. You have to update the assigned ID's for each of the weapons in the levels setup file - which affects all weapon sets. So if you fix it for Golden Gun, it could still be wrong for Pistols. And if you fix it for Pistols, it will screw up something in the other 12 to 13 sets. You'd have to adjust every single set, modify every level setup to reflect the new assortment, and pray that nothing is off... which, there is a very good chance, there will be.

Nothing will be perfect, no matter what. If the day comes when we can properly correct these two sets, we will certainly update them. But for the time being, you'll just have to get used to an extra PP7 (silenced) instead of a DD44 Dostovei, and a bonus Golden Gun in the place of a PP7 (silenced).

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No problem. It seems to me like I found some sort of solution that can be worked around somewhat instead of trying to figure out the information tables for them.

By the way, how are the firing rates for the moonraker laser and grenade launcher coming along?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can use your custom Golden Gun and Pistols weapon sets as user preset scenarios. That way you can just load up the scenario you like right away, without having to adjust the weapons each time. You can have up to four per controller pak, plus two on the game pak. That makes for a total of ten. Quite a few custom matches all ready to go at a moments notice.

I still have to figure out the firing rates of the Moonraker Laser and Grenade Launcher. It can be a bit of a pain to test. I have two televisions in the basement, and I have to run up and down the stairs to make changes on my PC to the ROM. It ends up being a day of exercise...

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I guess I can use load up the mempak on the controller or save these presets onto the gamepak.

Ha funny. I noticed holding down the firing button while shooting the laser keeps firing the laser but when you keep on pressing the firing button rapidly the laser shoots more faster than holding it. I don't know about the Grenade Launcher though.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That was always the case though, and not just the laser. You can actually fire much, much faster in PD's solo than MP thanks to all the extra stuff going on. Seriously, try it. You should be able to empty a pistol faster than normal automatic fire.
Call it strategy and chaulk it up to that.

Pistols had an abysmally slow fire rate in GE when you held the button down. You almost have to believe some of these pistols even having autofire was a bug.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
Getting it precise would be a bit tricky.
GE has 8 unique weapon slots, PD obviously less with one typically assigned to BA. Thanks to irregular slot numbering it really isn't possible to have every weapon show up exactly where it should.

Your best fit solutions aren't bad though.

What does BA mean, please?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Body Armour. It's used around the site and in some of the tools.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
Body Armour. It's used around the site and in some of the tools.

Duh! I *should* have guessed that!

Thanks.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but the spinning cylinder of the grenade launcher does not continuously keep spinning automatically when you hold down the shoot button when your out of ammo.

I know I know I know I said I would not bring this topic up again but after checking out something in PD I was in Felicity inside the vent and saw all the room there then checked out the vent in Facility in GE and thought what about creating a spawn point in this spot of the vent and since it has a little more space and a open ceiling maybe you can make it so that they can stand up on this spot.

Maybe you can do a quick check and see if you can possible get players and sims to stand on this spot. Again this can be looked at on another time after v5b's release maybe.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, thanks for pointing out the issue with the Grenade Launcher. I hadn't even thought to test that, but you're right. It's a good thing I had already come across something similar before, so this was an easy fix.

Vents?..
Vents?!
We don't need no stinking vents! Razz

Problems still exist even if you just shift your position. You might get a little more room (now some space infront and behind the spawn point), but there is still only enough area for one person to fit in the non-crouching section. As far as I know, players and Simulants cannot spawn onto a crouching tile. So if two people both attempt to spawn there, you'll either have players inside of eachother (like before), or Sims not appearing in the level at all (also like before). I can run another test at a later date, but I think you're just going to have to forget about these vents. They just aren't working with GE's architecture.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. I was sure that you knew about the Grenade Launcher spinning cylinder issue. It spins pretty quick too when empty. You can definitely see the difference in the firing rate of the Grenade Launcher from both games.

Yes, if you can run another test is it possible to show a screen shot of the result or maybe even a few seconds video clip? Can you try to test a simulant up there with a fixed AI path and see if it can move around and possibly come out? I'm not sure if you can tell but this is not the original spot of the vent spawn point this is another spot that is more further up the vent. I would suggest try moving one character on one side closest to the left wall and the other right next to the right wall and maybe even turn them so that they are facing the walls if that can make more room for the bodies instead of facing straight. This way their bodies are not inside of each other but next to each other you know what I'm trying to say. Is it possible since this spot also has a open ceiling to make them stand somehow when characters spawn there?

For example, this is what I mean...

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're right I'm just going to drop this facility vent topic. If you still do a test for it fine but I think I'm going to put it to rest after realizing you probably can't edit the tile of the spot I mentioned to make players stand there. Since it's a Goldeneye map architecture you probably can't modify any part of it to make changes.

The method you used for fixing the spinning cylinder of the grenade launcher is a similar concept of the shotgun and automatic shotgun shells disappearance when left with the last rounds of ammo or is the shotgun shells issue a model animation problem? Can it be possibly corrected?

Another thing, is it really necessary to have the IR Scanner as a weapon selection for multiplayer? What purpose does it serve?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: