ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Stupid Newbe Who Needs Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Stupid Newbe Who Needs Help Reply with quote Back to top

i know these questions must of been answered a thousand times. so i am sorry in advance

i downloaded the emulator fine set my controller up fine as well
the plug in dll links were dead so i guess i need them still

my main problem is the 007 rom update
it says add this ips to your rom to get the new levels, but i have no idea how
i tried copy and pasting it in but it will not allow me to

please can someone help me get started

i just seen the new levels for the first time tonight for multiplayer and i am very excited to get started

thank you

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a tutorial on goldeneyevault.com but basically you just down the editor and apply ips patch to clean ROM.

notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

how do i apply the ips is my question?
i don't see anything that tells me how to

thanks

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

notatroll wrote:
how do i apply the ips is my question?
i don't see anything that tells me how to

thanks

To apply a IPS. Go download a Goldeneye hack. Then make a copy of your none edited Goldeneye rom.

And simply click on tools. Then click on Apply IPS Patch. then click on your Goldeneye Rom. Then click on the hack IPS. And then save the new Goldeneye Rom with a new name. It be best to save it on your desktop. Once its save and made. Go to your Rom folder and move it in there.

Then your done. Now you might wanna download the INI for Mupen just in case if you use it for online play.

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=166

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You don't need to back-up your unmodded rom.. just sayin.. the GE Editor will use it and leave it alone in original form

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
You don't need to back-up your unmodded rom.. just sayin.. the GE Editor will use it and leave it alone in original form

Yeah but making one gets you prepared just in case anything goes wrong. Like a random freeze on your Goldeneye editor that messes up your original Rom and does not make the hack one at all. It happens so making a copy can save you a lot of time just in case these things happens.

notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ty

now who wants to play with me Smile

notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nm, rom will not load
i have no idea what to do
can someone make a video tutorial?

i am so lost..ugh

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am making a video tutorial. I know how much people still don't get it, despite they read all great tutorials. I''l post it soon on youtube, if nothing comes between. Smile

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll post this .gif I did again. So instead just hit Apply IPS Patch

If you want your mupen64.ini updated with ease.. Tools>Preferences>Mupen Ini Location (bottom)

I don't know why the 64++ emulator is bundled with a back-up of that file. The one inside the root directory is the one that is used. Go inside the 64++ folder, select the mupen64.ini

Now, whenever you need it updated, Tools>Emulators Cool And be sure 64++ is not running to avoid conflict

notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SilverEye wrote:
I am making a video tutorial. I know how much people still don't get it, despite they read all great tutorials. I''l post it soon on youtube, if nothing comes between. Smile
thank you! can not wait

notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
I'll post this .gif I did again. So instead just hit Apply IPS Patch

If you want your mupen64.ini updated with ease.. Tools>Preferences>Mupen Ini Location (bottom)

I don't know why the 64++ emulator is bundled with a back-up of that file. The one inside the root directory is the one that is used. Go inside the 64++ folder, select the mupen64.ini

Now, whenever you need it updated, Tools>Emulators Cool And be sure 64++ is not running to avoid conflict
i still do not understand. maybe i downloaded the wrong ips patches:|

notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

after i load the rom the way you instructed
when i go to the next step for the ips patches..it shows no file found Sad

notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

am i loading the right editor.. i see like 5 dif ones

notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i guess i found this site way to late

this site is very dead Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: