ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark PAL Beta
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's for donations to reach the $500 mark so the game can be released.
Links are in the first post of the thread.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
It's for donations to reach the $500 mark so the game can be released.
Links are in the first post of the thread.

Oh, I see.

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Progress Report : $80/$500

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Up to 100$.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So what's the time out period on this? ie: if a threshold hasn't happened in say two months, do I get my money back?

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The goal is to take however long it takes to get the game out there. If it takes a month, it takes a month, but if it takes a year, it takes a year. Im in no terrible rush, the game is in my hands and ready to go whenever the goal is met.

goldeneyegod
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey just a interesting bit of info. I'v heard this beta might be a 512mb cart rather than the original 256mb cart that was released for perfect dark.

So I was wondering if we ever get a hold of the rom would it be possible to use it as a base such as to add all the perfect dark elements missing or other wise, due to the extra space and have a ultra perfect dark modded rom possible or mabe even use it for goldeneye x I'm sure those extra 256mb could come in handy.

Or would all of that be asking a bit to much for programmers to do? It was just a though I had but as I don't really know all that much about programming or the procceses need to this I could be way off in my understanding but still it got me thinking.

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately Im useless at n64 stuff, so it would be a question for the experts.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can tell from the filesize. What filesize is it? Is it 65kb or 32kb?

(Also, there's nothing super-special about larger ROMs. You can expand or diminish them freely.)

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Having spent a lot of time working in the industry, I'm afraid I'm out contributing to this as at the end of the day: quid pro quo.

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The game is 64MB

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm differently going to thro some money down once I get home from work n create a PayPal account.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can send money without an actual account Smile

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If the filesize is 64MB that means the game is either:
  1. a 512Mb title
  2. an overdump, which is easily detectable and correctable

I'd wager it's completely uncompressed more likely than not, and that explains the filesize. It's easier to debug a decompressed game than a compressed one.
As an interesting note, retail PD reserves space in the ROM for its main decompressed files (everything before the TLB mapped ASM table), which initially gave us a bit of troube decompressing the title in the early days.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess easy enough to check if all FFs past a certain point? I'm betting it's an overdump.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: