ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark PAL Beta
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok i have paypal i used it today to buy a new surf board, whats youre paypal details so i can flic some coin at this.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sent you a PM

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

madmax386 wrote:
ok i have paypal i used it today to buy a new surf board, whats youre paypal details so i can flic some coin at this.

Never heard back from you again, I know you aren't here often so feel free to send me a PM.

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Someone sent over a donation of 10$. Every cent counts, so I appreciate it!

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Video of the late PAL beta of Perfect Dark 64 http://ptoponline.com/?p=877

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

May I ask how you managed to get a hold of the cart in the first place? Interested

Cool video Smile

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The build came from what I believe was a developer source.

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, it is a 512Mb ROM.
Either the files on the cart are uncompressed (rather common with debug versions) or the ROM is an overdump.

Prototypes will tend to be overdumped though, since there's no indication where to stop dumping until you reach the supported range of the hardware, in this case 512Mb. It's easy enough to fix.

You didn't need to modify the header to get it to run in an emulator by any chance? A lot of prototypes are missing their gameIDs and region codes, which goofs up many emulators since they rely on these. It's 100% okay to do that too; most of the protos floating around on the web have modified headers due to this.

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't personally modify the header, not sure if the person I got it from did. But if you go to boot it in project64, it says "Bad Rom?" since it isn't sure what it is. Loads fine though.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would display that because it doesn't recognise that specific version. All that data is kept in the rdb file, and they base that off the goodN64 list (for what that's worth).

It has a proper header then, since PJ64 is a bit ansy about region codes, etc.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's got to be a big overdump. Drag that ROM in hex editor and see if the end is all FFs for a while or something identical to beginning of ROM. I tend to doubt they'd do anything different that made it so big.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In a hex editor go to 0x2000000. That's the boundry for an overdump. The 0x10 bytes before and after that would indicate what's going on. PD filled all but the last 0x100 or so bytes. Next official size up would be 320Mb, possibly only used by Ogre Battle 64, ending at 0x2800000.

Hardware size would be 512Mb though, so any ripper would normally take the full size.

They might not have compressed the files in prototype builds. It's a common practice, as it saves a lot of time on clean builds. Plus, with the release being so close to the size boundry it's very likely that overrun occurred. There's a couple different game frameworks specificly designed with that in mind.

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah seems to be an overdump. Must have been using some nice carts then. Like I said, I dont expect major differences in this, it's a late beta after all, but my hope was that a successful dump would help bring others out, as things usually seem to snowball fairly quickly.

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Up to 150$. The picture will be updated when I get home from work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: