ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark PAL Beta
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Perfect Dark PAL Beta Reply with quote Back to top

*PAL Beta of Perfect Dark (Two days before final build - C-Up and C-Down to enable MCM, less options than NTSC)
*NTSC Beta of Perfect Dark (March 22nd 2000 build - C-Up and C-Down to enable MCM, a couple of more options than PAL)
*Conker's Bad Fur Day "Debug" (October 25th, 2000 build - Hold all C buttons on start to cause an interrupt and the debug menu. Doing so later crashes the game, but it may work on real hardware)
*Conker's BFD ECTS Demo Build (Made for a trade show, lots of differences, lots of crashes in Project 64, none really in sixtyforce)

Last edited by Borman on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome! Man it would be liquid gold if it were earlier, but it's still amazing to see one out there and it could hold some cool debug stuff. Might help to have some sort of tracker of funds.

Last edited by SubDrag on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool new pics

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Welcome! Man it would be liquid gold if it were earlier, but it's still amazing to see one out there and it could hold some cool debug stuff. Might help to have some sort of tracker of funds.

I know, but we have to start somewhere. Hopefully more comes out of the woodwork if we can get one game out there. I havent actually started to collect any money yet, I just want to be sure the interest is there.

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For reference, Ill be looking to get 500$US for the build. Really not that much considering one build (of an unknown date) went for thousands of euros.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Strange. If I were to stumble across a beta PD or GE cartridge you'd have to chain me down to stop me from making a dump on the V64...

But that's just my 10c - call me a skeptic if you will.

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The game is dumped and ready to go. I am one of the better known people in the beta community, I paid to have Kameo for the Xbox dumped. Ive dumped Diablo on the Game boy. I showed hours worth of Star Wars Battlefront III footage. Don't worry, it's as real as real gets. The fact is it cost money to get the game, 500$ is a small price to pay if it is split between, say, 10 people.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Letting the mind drift for a bit...it'd be fantastic if we could get hold of the build files from rare. Is there anything markedly different from the main game? I'd expect to see it in multi to be honest.

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The amount of differences will likely be minimal due to it being a late build. That said, the fact that it is a debug build means that anything is possible. I've had supposed final builds in the past with test maps and stuff left over. I'm not a huge perfect dark fan, but I wanted to make sure it didn't disappear for those that are.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, the MCM menu is clearly in view and we used to rave like packs of monkey's over it so atleast we know it's in this build. You never know if there may be smaller differences between the Debug and the Final.

If it's all dumped and emulator-ready... Distribute... And seeing as it's not a retail version I can't see how it can be stopped from linking in the forum.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

These prototype games can be fantastically expensive, and quite honestly once released they do drop in value. It's commonplace to make up the difference this way, and to be honest $500 isn't very much compared to some campaigns. Take a look at Assemblergames sometime for comparisons.

Actually, the reason for dumping them has little to do with distribution and more to do with the instability of eeprom over time. A couple of the recent releases have had damaged sectors, so dumping existing carts is essential.

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:
Hey, the MCM menu is clearly in view and we used to rave like packs of monkey's over it so atleast we know it's in this build. You never know if there may be smaller differences between the Debug and the Final.

If it's all dumped and emulator-ready... Distribute... And seeing as it's not a retail version I can't see how it can be stopped from linking in the forum.

Unfortunately I can't afford to throw away hundreds of dollars by giving it out for free. I bought it so that it didn't disappear, as it quite easily could have.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Borman wrote:
acceptable67 wrote:

Unfortunately I can't afford to throw away hundreds of dollars by giving it out for free. I bought it so that it didn't disappear, as it quite easily could have.

zoinkity wrote:
These prototype games can be fantastically expensive, and quite honestly once released they do drop in value. It's commonplace to make up the difference this way, and to be honest $500 isn't very much compared to some campaigns. Take a look at Assemblergames sometime for comparisons.

Actually, the reason for dumping them has little to do with distribution and more to do with the instability of eeprom over time. A couple of the recent releases have had damaged sectors, so dumping existing carts is essential.

Okay, I understand. Smile

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I've decided to go ahead with it. Send me a PM if you are interested in contributing and I can send you a paypal address.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Borman wrote:
Alright, I've decided to go ahead with it. Send me a PM if you are interested in contributing and I can send you a paypal address.

For?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: