ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark PAL Beta
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Full Text Change List for Perfect Dark NTSC 6.4
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carrington Institute Training
Retail
Code:
l Stick to change selection.*- Highlight CamSpy and release A Button.*

Beta
Code:
 corridor leads down to the hangar.*

Weird one...

dataDyne Central - Extraction
Retail
Code:
**|Objective Five: - Return to Helipad for Evacuation**Get to the helipad where your dropship will be waiting. And don't forget Dr. Caroll.**END*

Beta
Code:
**|Objective Five: - Return to Helipad for Evac**Get to the helipad where your dropship will be waiting. And don't forget Dr. Caroll.**END*

(Same goes for their respective spots for lower difficulties, Three and Four.)

Carrington Villa
Retail
Code:
Electricity has been restored to the villa.*
Mission unsuccessful - enemy guard not captured.*

Beta
Code:
Electricity has neen restored to the Villa.*
[Space]

Chicago Streets
Retail
Code:
Hovcab is unresponsive - need Reprogrammer.*
Tracer Bug placed correctly.*
Tracer Bug placed incorrectly.*
Tracer Bug has been noticed.*
Dr. Caroll's*
Remote Mine has been wasted.*

Beta
Code:
Hovcab is unresponsive - need reprogrammer.*
Tracer bug placed correctly.*
Tracer bug placed incorrectly.*
Tracer bug has been noticed.*
Dr Carolls*
Remote Mine Has Been Wasted.*

G5 Building
Retail
Code:
Then the devices we gave you are working *correctly? Good. Because we believe *anything which does not work correctly *should be destroyed. Consider that as you *follow your 'backup plans.'*

Beta
Code:
Then the devices we gave you are working *correctly? Good. Because we believe that *anything which does not work correctly *should be destroyed. Consider that as you *follow your 'backup plans.'*

Added a word.

Area 51 - Infiltration
Retail
Code:
Any questions? No. Good. Away you go to *the hangar.*

Beta
Code:
Any questions? No? Good. Away you go to *the hangar.*

Area 51 - Rescue
Retail
Code:
If the virus is loaded into other terminals, it may produce helpful effects.
Automatic Defenses Disabled.*

Beta
Code:
If the virus is loaded into other terminals it may produce helpful effects.
Automatic Defences Disabled.*

First one belongs to the briefing. I thought it was too big to copy and paste.

Air Force One
Retail
Code:
Damn it, man! I say no and I mean no! I'm not gonna change my mind on this! I need my advisors to be unbiased, and recently you've not been giving me the impartiality I require. Let it go, and we'll say no more. This is your last chance.*
The pilots have stabilized Air Force One.*

Beta
Code:
Damn it man! I say no and I mean no! I'm not gonna change my mind on this! I need my advisors to be unbiased, and recently you've not been giving me the impartiality I require. Let it go, and we'll say no more. This is your last chance.*
The pilots have stablised Air Force One.*

Crash Site
Retail
Code:
Something's jamming my transmissions... It's coming from that other craft.*
I'd better find the jamming device and check that Elvis is okay. Not forgetting the President, of course.*

Beta
Code:
Something's jamming my transmissions... ...It's coming from that other craft.*
I'd better find that jamming device and check that Elvis is okay. Not forgetting the President, of course.*

Deep Sea
Retail
Code:
When the program has run, I will have control of a vastly powerful weapon. It cannot be allowed to exist. So I must destroy the Cetan and, unfortunately, myself along with it. I'm sorry, Joanna... There is no other way and no time to discuss this. Go now - avoid the Skedar and you will have time to escape. It has been an honor to work with you. Goodbye, Joanna Dark.*
Ammo wasted - unable to disable megaweapon.*

Beta
Code:
When the program has run, I will have control of a vastly powerful weapon. It cannot be allowed to exist. So I must destroy the Cetan and, unfortunately, myself along with it. I'm sorry, Joanna... there is no other way and no time to discuss this. Go now - avoid the Skedar and you will have time to escape. It has been an honor to work with you. Goodbye, Joanna Dark.*
Ammo Wasted - Unable to disable Megaweapon.*

Capitilization.

Carrington Institute - Defense
Retail
Code:
Release hostages*
Get clear! I'll hold them off... You can come back and get me later!*

Beta
Code:
Release Hostages*
Get clear! I'll hold them off... you can come back and get me later!*
There is a slight change in the briefing too, but so small I can't find what it is.

Attack Ship - Assault
Retail
Code:
Look out, Joanna! I think we've made them angry...*

Beta
Code:
Look out Joanna! I think we've made them angry...*

Skedar Ruins
Retail
Code:
**|Objective One: - Identify Temple Targets**Attach a
 targeting device to each of three obelisks on...

Beta
Code:
**|Objective One: - Identify Temple Targets**Attach a
 targetting device to each of three obelisks on...

... = continues onto the rest of the briefing.

Mr. Blondes Revenge
Retail
Code:
Lift has been disabled.*

Beta
Code:
Lift Has Been Disabled.*

LmpmenuE.bin
Retail
Code:
Stats for %s*
Do you want to save*over your original*game file?*
to the Controller Pak?*
a Controller Pak if you wish.*
ensure a Controller Pak is inserted*
Checking Controller Pak*

Beta
Code:
Statistics for %s*
Do you want to save over*your original game file?*
to the controller pak?*
a controller pak if you wish.*
ensure a controller pak is inserted*
Initializing Controller Pak*

Mostly capitalization and asterisk movements. The Beta also contains the text 'ENTROPICDECAY* ZERO-TAU*' which is weird because it should be in the retail but it apparently isn't for this file.

LmpweaponsE.bin
Retail
Code:
Continue without using*the Controller Pak*
SuperDragon*
 or insert Game Boy (r) Perfect Dark into Transfer Pak (tm), connect Transfer Pak to any controller, then exit and enter menu
The Controller Pak *cannot be repaired.*You will not be able to*load from or save to*this Controller Pak.*
Controller 1:
Controller 2:
Controller Pak Not Found*
Name:*
Duplicate File Name*
already contains*
a file named*
Rename File*
Change Location*
Cancel*
Change File Name*
Enter new file name:*
The file you are copying*cannot be deleted.*
ShockSim:%d*
Target Time:*
New Cheat Available!:*
Continue*
Replay Last Level*
Save Player*
Save new player*and statistics?*
Save Now*
No Thanks!*
Confirm player name:*
The saved file has*been erased due*to corruption*or damage.*
Continue*
Error*
Cannot read Game Boy Game Pak.*Check connections and make sure*correct Game Boy Game Pak is*being used.*
Cancel*
Error*
The saved data has*
been erased due to*
corruption or damage.*
Cancel*

Beta
Code:
Continue without using*the controller pak*
Superdragon*
 or insert Perfect Dark Game Boy
The Controller Pak can*not be repaired.*You will not be able to*load from or save to*this Controller Pak.*
Left Hand:
Right Hand:
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]
[Space]

LoptionsE.bin
Retail
Code:
NTSC version 8.7 final*
Single Player Agent File*
Combat Simulator Settings File*
Combat Simulator Player File*
Please insert the Controller Pak containing your %s into any controller.*
Press B Button to exit.*
Press B Button to exit.*
5:1 Outro - Takeoff*
6:1 Intro - Sneak On Board*
cloak %d*

Beta
Code:
NTSC version 6.4 beta*
Single Player Files*
MultiPlayer Game Files*
MultiPlayer Player Files*
Please insert the*Controller Pak*containing your file*into any controller.*
Press the B Button to exit.*
Press the B Button to exit.*
5:1 Outro - Take Off*
6:1 Intro - Sneak Onboard*
cloak %d

LtitleE.bin
Retail
Code:
well packed man*
dark commanders*
bis*
[Space]
[Soace]
rare in the sun*
perfect spelling*
teresa lillygren*

Beta
Code:
packed man*
[Space]
[Space]
rare twycross*
chris stamper*
rare miami*
[Space]
[Space]

LGunE.bin
Retail
Code:
Targeted Rocket*
Uses quantum communication technology to provide supremely accurate targeting infomation to orbital weapons, helping to minimize collateral damage. The same technology is used in the Carrington Institute tracker bugs.*

Beta
Code:
Targetted Rocket*
Uses quantum communication technology to provide supremely accurate targetting infomation to orbital weapons, helping to minimize collateral damage. The same technology is used in the Carrington Institute tracker bugs.*

LMiscE.bin
Retail
Code:
PeaceSim
KazeSim
PreySim
JudgeSim
FeudSim
SpeedSim
VengeSim

Beta
Code:
PacifistSim
KamikazeSim
PredatorSim
JusticeSim
VendettaSim
CheetahSim
RevengeSim

(Ah, Simulant names are different.. Didn't notice at first)

LpropobjE.bin
Retail
Code:
N-Bomb
Your

Beta
Code:
n-bomb
YOUR

Wasn't sure if this should of been made a new topic or not.

Other Beta facts:
In Carrington Villa, for the objective in which you have to knock-out/subdue a dataDyne guard, it is impossible to fail the objective, even if you kill all the guards in the level - it just makes you unable to proceed with the level unlike retail which will fail you (I think even after a certain period of time, too).

Quote:
Jonathan can shoot you in The Duel in the NTSC beta. They must've broken that at the last minute. Crosshair's still blue when aiming at him, so I wonder if this targeting difference applies to all allies? (You thought Elvis was annoying before, what if he could accidentally gun you down? )

Nice find...!

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh cool, I was going to dig into the text files in the next couple days but now I don't have to. About what I expected based on the 5.3 files. I'm surprised so much is missing from mpweapons, though. (Also, the J and European language files for gun, mpweapons and mpmenu were also updated for final, strangely, meaning the beta files might be from an older version. I haven't looked into them yet.)

The Carrington Villa change is interesting since you can complete that objective in the final version after failing it. They just fail you when you enter the wine cellar, not when all of the guards are dead (although they might do that too), so you can knock out a guard afterward and change the status to complete. It's always seemed bizarre to me, and the fact that the failure condition was added at the last minute is probably why.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention it but watch the NTSC beta title sequence with 4MB RAM.

Edit2: Loaded up LgunJ from the beta and it's identical to the one in final. Guessing maybe something about the file itself changed, but not the text.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention it but watch the NTSC beta title sequence with 4MB RAM.

Edit2: Loaded up LgunJ from the beta and it's identical to the one in final. Guessing maybe something about the file itself changed, but not the text.

Wow.....!! Talk about an 'alternative title sequence', another nice find.

That is weird it's identical to the one in the final, which means that the 6.4 'Beta' files might be from much earlier versions as you said before and in reality the game is more finalized then we think, as far as text goes.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow nice find on the beta sequence!

Borman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Someone record the title sequence Razz

And when I bought the games, I was told that there was a way to load up the PAL beta and have it say an earlier NTSC Beta version. Ive never been able to get it to work though. Try playing around with the RAM maybe?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I posted it on my YouTube a couple hours ago here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XnGplrcaf8.

Is there really? That seems bizarre (though perhaps it can be set to read off the NTSC files).

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's probably what it is. PD stores its text for each language in separate files. Both NTSC and PAL PD have text from the NTSC 4.4 beta in their J files, since they don't support Japanese, and didn't bother syncing them up to the latest English script for whatever reason. If you force the region to Japanese, you'll get outdated English text. (The same thing is possible in GoldenEye, except NA GE actually has Japanese text and fonts, so you can use a GS code to translate the game. Zoinkity posted it around here somewhere.)

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cinema menu contains "2:1 Life on the line", a cutscene option deleted from final that shows the perspective of Perfect Agent in Carrington Villa (where Joanna is the negotiator.) She is wearing her combat uniform for the scene unlike in the actual level, where she is formally dressed.

http://gyazo.com/2303583a6399258bf5d2b86831229f2d.png

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I already mentioned that a few pages back. I really don't understand why it was cut, seems like the outfit was the only problem with it.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Yeah I already mentioned that a few pages back. I really don't understand why it was cut, seems like the outfit was the only problem with it.

Yeah, not sure either. Maybe they deemed it a bit worthless seeing as they're the exact same scene but the negotiator model is replaced with Joanna?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can blow open the top of the tube in Extraction. This lets you get the drop on the bodyguards...except they're invincible, so it doesn't matter. When you walk out into the main area of the room, the game grabs you, forces the door open, pulls you to it, and makes you face Cassandra like normal. I can see why they sealed it up.

Edit: The end of Cassandra's action block was updated a bit too:

Beta
Code:

00022C Resume if Return Value Loop Met 0002 (2C)
0003 Leave the Routine, But When Return Continue from Spot
003F20 If Joanna in Line of Sight, Return Value Loop 003F (20)
00002D Go to Return Value 0000 (2D)
000220 Resume if Return Value Loop Met 0002 (20)
00012C Go to Beginning, Then Return Value Loop 0001 (2C)
00022D Resume if Return Value Loop Met 0002 (2D)
011B1C00100000 Set guard flag Tags 3 (Cassandra De Vries)
018C1C07 Remove Cassandra's necklace (Cassandra De Vries)
00E21C01F10000 Move Guard ID to Pad, Return Value Loop if Successful (Cassandra De Vries)
B54D4F5645204641494C0A = MOVE FAIL
000200 Resume if Return Value Loop Met 0002 (00)
B54D4F564520474F4F440A = MOVE GOOD
0009 Guard Twitches
0005FD0000 Jal To Function 05? (Guard [whatever called it]) (JAL TO: 0000) Do Nothing (Ends Routine)
0004 Terminator

Final:
Code:

00022C Resume if Return Value Loop Met 0002 (2C)
0003 Leave the Routine, But When Return Continue from Spot
005BFD00003A20 Go into Return Value Loop, if Stepped on Preset 005B (FD00003A20)
005BFD00003B20 Go into Return Value Loop, if Stepped on Preset 005B (FD00003B20)
000000 Go to Return Value 0000 (00)
01B3FD  (Guard [whatever called it])
0106F20000 Set F6 Guard Id (Primary Player) to Guard id (Player 1 and Player 2)
00410000001E20  0041 (0000001E20)
0106F40000 Set F6 Guard Id (Primary Player) to Guard id (Counter-operative [player 2])
00410000001E20  0041 (0000001E20)
00002D Go to Return Value 0000 (2D)
00022D Resume if Return Value Loop Met 0002 (2D)
011B1C00100000 Set guard flag Tags 3 (Cassandra De Vries)
018C1C07 Remove Cassandra's necklace (Cassandra De Vries)
00E21C02050000 Move Guard ID to Pad, Return Value Loop if Successful (Cassandra De Vries)
B54D4F5645204641494C0A = MOVE FAIL
B54D4F564520474F4F440A = MOVE GOOD
00180200000020 Guard Constantly Angles To Face, Return Value Loop
0005FD0000 Jal To Function 05? (Guard [whatever called it]) (JAL TO: 0000) Do Nothing (Ends Routine)
0004 Terminator

They also unhide all of the characters used in the outro in final, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chicago got some changes:

• They hide the guards standing around the lift in final. This does nothing as far as I can tell - even when viewing the beta outro through the cinema menu, they're not present, and you can't complete the mission with them there.
  • The R-Tracker is set to track the briefcase with the BombSpy, not the dumpster in beta. This means it doesn't show on radar until the dumpster is destroyed.
  • You can create the alternate diversion in the beta, but it will not unset the failure condition for that objective. This means if you destroy the cab, you're screwed even if you kill the guys at the lift.
  • That idiot Grimshaw will tell you to reprogram the taxi even if it's a smoldering wreck.
  • 101F has been changed:

Beta:
    Code:
    00CE80B902 Play Sound - Raining
    016B021F0000038405DC Play Beacon Sound (Crash Site) 016B (021F0000038405DC)
    0004 Terminator

Final:
    Code:
    01D9021F80B9FFFF000002  01D9 (021F80B9FFFF000002)
    0004 Terminator

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why is there a sub action to play the beacon sound from Crash Site or is there a mistake in the reading of the block? Seems it was made a new one for final, 01D9.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's a mislabeled action, probably can be used to play other sounds or something, I found it in crash site and posted it as that just for reference.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't had a chance to look into this stuff yet, but:

The cleaning bot's action block in Investigation opens the door near the lasers in beta, doesn't in final, I'm not even sure if you could see this happen.

Something sound related with the antenna during A51 Infiltration's opening?

Several guards are made (un)invincible in final Infiltration. I'm guessing they have something to do with that last wave of guards before Jonathan but haven't checked IDs or anything yet.

Alarm checks added to the guard who confronts you about weapons when you're disguised in Rescue.

Also many of the loop numbers were increased in Rescue for some reason. Really bizarre, guessing it had something to do with how Rare compiled them or whatever. There also seems to be one extra guard in final since the IDs have also increased by one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: