ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Nightfire
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Nightfire Reply with quote Back to top

Recently played Nightfire for the first time in years! It crashes when loafing specific levels on Xbox 360, but on the levels that did load, I have to say that it wasn't that bad - besides Brosnan's real voice not being used!

The first mission brought back memories of my college days!

Anyone else agree?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I forget if was game, but I used to like concept of "Bond Move". Where you did something cool and played sound. Might've been AUF.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love Nightfire, played it on my Xbox and my 360 a bunch with my brothers, was always fun.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't Nightfire one of those RARE games that the PC version is inferior to the console versions ? HL1.. goldsrc lol

I've seen it, all the animations and detail/design look very crisp/smooth/sharp for the times. 2005 ?

AverageGamerStoner1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got this game on PC 2 years ago for $5. The X-Box port is much better though.

It is a pretty fun game, haven't got too far into the single player but it seems good. Multi-Player is enjoyable in split screen, or you have the option of playing against Bots.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure it was the game that introduced the "bond move" which is an aspect that I really enjoy. Some of them are a bit obscure if I remember correctly, but otherwise it's a good (although not brilliant) package. I remember being let down a bit by clumsy controls. Come to think of it I should rent it and play it again Very Happy

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Isn't Nightfire one of those RARE games that the PC version is inferior to the console versions ? HL1.. goldsrc lol

Yes, for some reason the vehicle sections don't exist in the PC version of NF, only the consoles (XBox 1, PS2, Gamecube). I have no idea why, except that one of the people who worked on the console version of NF (and perhaps the PC version, I don't know) said* that they only worked on the FPS levels, not on the vehicle levels, so perhaps the licensing or legal agreements for the vehicle sections didn't allow them to be put on the PC version.

It was strange, as some of the vehicle sections were great, though some were annoying. As a game, NF had much better FPS levels than AUF, but the vehicle sections weren't as much fun as NFs. Overall though, NF was a *much* better game than AUF, though I think The World is Not Enough was better than either NF or AUF. I mean the N64 version of TWINE, as I've not played the Playstation version, which I've heard is different and very inferior.

BTW, what do you mean by "HL1.. goldsrc"?

* Either on gamefaqs.com or Eurocom's own forums, two people, Skellington and Dr Zhivago (one a programmer, one a designer, can't remember who was which) used to answer players' questions about games they'd worked on, and I think one of them probably made the above statement.

MRKane wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was the game that introduced the "bond move" which is an aspect that I really enjoy. Some of them are a bit obscure if I remember correctly, but otherwise it's a good (although not brilliant) package. I remember being let down a bit by clumsy controls. Come to think of it I should rent it and play it again Very Happy

No, it was definitely the earlier Agent Under Fire that introduced the Bond Move bonuses. Well, I say definitely, and it was definitely in AUF, which was released before Nightfire, but perhaps it was introduced in a pre-AUF game? Wasn't there a third person Bond game, post Goldeneye but pre-AUF, based on (I think) Tomorrow Never Dies? If so, were there Bond Move bonuses in that game, or any other games?

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:

HL1's engine is called GoldSRC, and was build upon the Quake Engine. Was much better on PC.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spyster wrote:
Kerr Avon wrote:

HL1's engine is called GoldSRC, and was build upon the Quake Engine. Was much better on PC.

Right, but from the post;

mistamontiel wrote:

I got the impression that he meant the PC version of H1, like NF, was inferior to the console version, which is what confuses me.

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:

mistamontiel wrote:

I got the impression that he meant the PC version of H1, like NF, was inferior to the console version, which is what confuses me.

Oh misread his post. I thought he said PC version wasn't inferior. Anyways, it might have been like that, never played Hl1 on PS1/2

Rey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Nightfire Reply with quote Back to top

Kode-Z wrote:
Recently played Nightfire for the first time in years! It crashes when loafing specific levels on Xbox 360, but on the levels that did load, I have to say that it wasn't that bad - besides Brosnan's real voice not being used!

The first mission brought back memories of my college days!

Anyone else agree?

On the Gamecube it sounds like his voice...at least That I remember..gonna have to play again. If it is not his voice,then who does the voice.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: lan gaming Reply with quote Back to top

If you ever get tired of split screen playing your buddies and knowing where they are coming from, NightFire is about the best Bond game for multiplayer on PC that you will find that's even close to a goldeneye brother Wink

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh.. Kerr and Spy misinterpreted lol

Isn't Nightfire PC version on goldsrc engine ?

AverageGamerStoner1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Ahh.. Kerr and Spy misinterpreted lol

Isn't Nightfire PC version on goldsrc engine ?

No I don't believe the PC is source engine (It would have been better if it was). I thought the single player was alright, seemed pretty decent. However multi-player against bots I found extremely difficult to aim and hit opponents. I haven't played online because I picked it up for dirt cheap like a year ago and doubt people still play it.

Xbox version seemed better to me (by watching vids).

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wikipedia says that Console is on Quake3, PC is on GoldSrc (HL1 engine, modified version of Q3 engine)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: