ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

As anyone heard of this bug?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: As anyone heard of this bug? Reply with quote Back to top

I was watching perfect dark videos... I think... two years ago (?) on youtube, most glitch and odd stuff, when I found one page on the internet with various weird stuff from the game. There was an glitch about the Psychosys Gun effect. You didn't needed to shoot with it or even have it in your inventory. When you shot an enemy with any gun, the game threat it as a psychosys gun shot, and your enemy became your friend... of course, its like one chance in a million.

And then I remembered... Once I shot some guy in the arm with the Falcon 2, and he started killing everybody. At the time I wasn't even aware of the existence of that gun in the game, its been years now, but me and my brother freaked in the front of the television Shocked

I searched some more and I even saw the history of one guy who shot an skedar and the game threated it as an ally... you know, you can't make skedar's allies, even with the propper Psychosys Gun shot.

As anyone heard of this issue? It must be most rare than the bucket of gold at the end of the rainbow...

EDIT: As I said before, it's been years now, so I don't know where's the page with this information. If you are interested, Google is your friend, in most cases Smile

Bond: Your last chance! Give me the name!!

Lachaise: You still threat me, even without your weapon??

Bond: *BANG!*

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep. And I know where you can replicate that bug also.

In the crash site level on hard snipe the enemy in the tunnel in the right most foot. You can just see it as you creep down into the ice tunnels. It was the way I aced that level Wink

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But this glitch can also cause a Skedar to ally with you ? Damn ?

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never noticed it on a Skedar (really must use the Psychosis gun on one sometime and see). It was just that human guard in the tunnel that worked every time for me. As a note, it was the PAL 1.0 PD cartridge running on an actual N64 on hard that this happened each time. It wouldn't actually surprise me if there's a "sweetspot" of sorts where this can happen continuously.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can actually turn a Skedar into your ally in the Attack Ship mission. Only works on one specific Skedar though, it's one of the first 2 skedars you see in that mission, the one that's just standing and not the one that starts running towards you.

I suck at explaining xD Might upload a screenshot later today to better show you which one I mean haha.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PaRaDoX wrote:
You can actually turn a Skedar into your ally in the Attack Ship mission. Only works on one specific Skedar though, it's one of the first 2 skedars you see in that mission, the one that's just standing and not the one that starts running towards you.

I suck at explaining xD Might upload a screenshot later today to better show you which one I mean haha.

I've never seen it done with a Skedar. How do I make it happen, please?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen this happen almost randomly in every single stage at some point. There are enemies that have a high probablity to become an ally--probably a specific set of flags are involved--but there is certanly a random aspect to this.

Handy glitch though. Best time in Maian SOS was with three buddies ;*)

I know when any character is shot there's a flag that's set, a counter that's incremented, and depending on the situation several other flags and counters. I'd guess the test itself is bugged and something is giving it a false positive, or one of the bitflag masks is adding and not oring.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: