ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Could someone release a patch to do this, please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Could someone release a patch to do this, please? Reply with quote Back to top

I know you're all working on Goldeneye X (which I love, BTW!), but I was wondering if one of you could find the time to release a patch for Perfect Dark that lets the sims use the mines, as Goldeneye X does. Wreck says that the sims can already use them in Perfect Dark, but that for some reason mines are set below unarmed in the sims preference table, so could a patch be made, please, that alters PD so that the sims can use the mines?

If possible, please make the patch for the PAL version, but if not then I'll stick to the NTSC version (I'll be using it on the Everdrive 64, so either will do, but I play PAL where possible).

Are there any more improvements that Goldeneye X has demonstrated, that could be applied to PD via a patch?

Thanks for any answers.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This will make them use Timed and Proximity Mines, and not use Remote Mines (since can't detonate). PAL and NTSC:
http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/PDSimsUsedTimedMines.zip

You will need to add a save to ED64 to play, since not unlocked.

As for rest, I think most of things are just changes to features, not new ones/fixes. You can check out 39850 though in editor to see some of them.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One of the few things that come to mind are the GE Classic weapons. There's pretty much something wrong with each of them. More so the rapid fire and burst fire guns, though. Their firing rates are off, and a few have improper muzzle flash positioning or sizing. I think a few of them are also only held with one hand in the third-person, which looks very strange. Oh, and those that are supposed to penetrate through objects/characters aren't doing so.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
This will make them use Timed and Proximity Mines, and not use Remote Mines (since can't detonate). PAL and NTSC:
http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/PDSimsUsedTimedMines.zip

You will need to add a save to ED64 to play, since not unlocked.

As for rest, I think most of things are just changes to features, not new ones/fixes. You can check out 39850 though in editor to see some of them.

Is there a porblem with the PAL patch? I've just tried the PAL version, and it gives the error code

"Unknown error patching, possibly input ROM CRC mismatch"

even though I'm using the [!] (E) version of Perfect Dark. Should the PAL patch file be so much smaller than the NTSC version (54kb versus 62 kb?).

I'll try to find another PAL rom, and post my results here.

Edit: Just downloaded a different file, also called "Perfect Dark (E) [!].z64", the same name as the one I tried earlier (which is unmodified, I hadn't previously patched it for anything and forgotten about that patching) and this new file patched OK.

Second edit: It works! Many thanks indeed, this is fantastic.

For anyone with the same problem, there seems to be two different versions of the same PAL rom, both named ""Perfect Dark (E) [!].z64", but one can't load the other's saved games (via the Everdrive), I don't know if the second can load the first's save games, but I really doubt it. But both save fine using the default settings in the Everdrive 64, thankfully.

You really should upload this patch to the Goldeneye Vault, it's a nice little addition to the PD combat simulator. Thanks again, mate.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
One of the few things that come to mind are the GE Classic weapons. There's pretty much something wrong with each of them. More so the rapid fire and burst fire guns, though. Their firing rates are off, and a few have improper muzzle flash positioning or sizing. I think a few of them are also only held with one hand in the third-person, which looks very strange. Oh, and those that are supposed to penetrate through objects/characters aren't doing so.

Back home now, so time to play some PD with the sims actually knowing how to use the mines (I only had time for a cursory try earlier). Have to log on to send a report for work, though, so I've logged on here to say thanks again for the patch, and to say that, with regard to the above, it would be great to see the GE weapon accuracy fixed in PD, especially if the patch also added the Goldeneye weapons to PD'c combat simulator (I'll never understand why PD didn't allow you to use the Goldeneye weapons in multiplayer), but if it's anything more time consuming than a quickly written patch then please don't (on my account) be distracted from Goldeneye X - as much as I'd like to play the (true) GE weapons in PD, if it will take time to implement then I'd much rather you concentrated on Goldeneye X.

And maybe add "Fix PD's GE weapons, and make them playable in the Combat Simulator" to your list of things to do when Goldeneye X is finally finished, released, and had any bugs fixed. Unless you'd rather rest after the huge amount of effort you've put into Goldeneye X ? Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did make the following patch...
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=220

It also corrected a few of the issues with the weapons, but I've found additional problems since that patch was released. I do plan to update it at some point.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I did make the following patch...
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=220

It also corrected a few of the issues with the weapons, but I've found additional problems since that patch was released. I do plan to update it at some point.

Thanks for this, it's *fantastic* (just been playing it in the Grid, brilliant - though you needn't have bothered adding the KLO1313 - who'd select that! Cool ). Unfortunately, though, I can't use it with the sims-now-use-the-mines patch, as the Perfect Dark editor reports that the Perfect Dark rom (which I've patched with the sims-mines patch) is wrong; "Unknown Error patching, possibly input ROM CRC mismatch", which is correct of course (since the ROM is pre-patched) but prevents me from using both patches on one ROM file. Would it be possible for you to merge this patch file with the sims-mines patch file so that they are both in one patch file, please, and if so (sorry to be a pain) could you make it for PAL? But if it's a lot of work then don't bother, as I don't want to take you away from Goldeneye X.

BTW, I think I've discovered a bug with the Perfect Dark editor program (Perfect Dark Setup Editor 1.09) - if you try to patch a PD rom, but get the error I mention above, then the PD editor program create a file with the name of the output rom you selected, but the file is 0 (zero) bytes in length. Not a problem to anyone who knows what they are doing, but to someone who's new to PCs then a zero length file might confuse them.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This adds correct mines to this patch:
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/priv/subdrag/PD_Classics_Enabled_And_Mines.xdelta

NTSC Only, sorry. It did a lot of changes not easily portable as is, would have to recreate from scratch manually.

I see the Klobb, maybe yours isn't unlocked?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
This adds correct mines to this patch:
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/priv/subdrag/PD_Classics_Enabled_And_Mines.xdelta

Wow! Thanks mate, that's brilliant! I really appreciate it (though my N64 joypad won't, it's really going to get some more hammering!).

Quote:

NTSC Only, sorry. It did a lot of changes not easily portable as is, would have to recreate from scratch manually.

NTSC is fine. I only asked for PAL as that's what I usually use (I'm in England), but the Everdrive 64 lets you use any format, so NTSC is great.

Quote:

I see the Klobb, maybe yours isn't unlocked?

No, I meant that I'd never willingly select it Wink Goldeneye conditioned me against the Klobb...

Thanks again, mate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: