ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Project 64 won't load level

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClyveC
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Project 64 won't load level Reply with quote Back to top

I made a custom level in hammer, everything works flawlessly in the editor, clipping, scale, start point, but when I load up the level I have mine under (archives) after injecting into rom, the screen goes black and just sits there

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome! There can be many reasons, I had a checklist on the importing new rooms tutorial. Also, did you split it into rooms? If you do one room, you really have a very small limit on amount of tris and too many tris will break it.

What I generally do is backup all files.

Then
1) Delete setup. Delete all clipping
2) Re-add one clipping tile (hit F in room positions mode on a tri) and place start point on top.
3) If still fails, delete all portals, reexport bgfile, and try it
4) If still fails, likely a texture issue, perhaps one is too big or weird size.
5) if that fails you can send me your level to figure it out.

ClyveC
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for quick reply! I love goldeneye and I've been wanting to make custom levels for it now for years, but I run into these errors so much I wish it was simpler, anyway, it's a test map, uses one texture, 64x32 bmp, it's a big level but I get the same result if I make it smaller.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try that, if it fails, email me it to see. Once you get the process down, it's not that bad.

ClyveC
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Try that, if it fails, email me it to see. Once you get the process down, it's not that bad.

Made map smaller, archives loaded music , completely black though, I can still go into my watch but cant see anything?

Edit : Fixed, floating above map with flying walls everywhere, good start I guess xD

Last edited by ClyveC on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps your tris are inverted?

ClyveC
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Perhaps your tris are inverted?

Got it to work, some walls are floating, some are mistextured, but it's working, I'm also hovering sloghty over the floor,Is it supposed to look different from in the editor?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The editor draws both sides, so that may be why you are noticing a difference. While ingame, it does culling from the back (that's default setting at least in editor).

ClyveC
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible if you can take a look for me and see if I did it correctly?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, email it to me.

ClyveC
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Done

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got it. Your level is actually the wrong orientation. GE needs X,Y,Z, with Y being up. Perhaps option on hammer export? Also in mtl file, they are .tga (need to be .bmp)...maybe ok but should be bmp.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: