ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Remake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe he is busy on something and can not work in the remake, only time will tell.

Please, don't canel it! >.<

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Goldeneye Remake Reply with quote Back to top

J.D. wrote:
GE:R will be Single Player only. I'll try to make all the originals missions, and the gameplay will be respected at all, with just little adjusts to fit PC's FPS controls.

OKAY I HAVE A PROBLEM Wink There have been a million attempts to bring goldeneye to pc. Talk is cheap and if you have only an interest in singleplayer it's been OVERDONE. I LOVE your enthusiasm but honestly if you aren't going to integrate multiplayer features I say BIG DEAL. No offense but I have been waiting over 15 years for this to happen and for SOMEONE to copy the game in detail over to a Call of Duty engine, CounterStrike, Quake,etc HELL I was thinking of attempting to overwrite Turok 2's maps because the pc version has a great and easy network engine in both LAN and ONLINE. Just saying. If you do it well though I'll accept it bro but it would have to be phenomenal to compare to this:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/news/goldeneye-source-v42-release

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I get you Multi.

GE:S is a nice tribute mod, no purchase at all necessary, but we don't want something that stands way out, we want the presentation and menus to match that of GE007

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I meant that this mod is the closest thing to a QUOTE remake that there is. Graphics of this caliber BUT EXACTLY like GoldenEye. No changes to ANYTHING but graphics quality. Just a hi res version of the EXACT N64 version. Is it really this difficult for people to get that you can't alter anything in a classic without destroying it? Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The same thing could be said about graphics. Use new high res textures, and they might not maintain the charm of the original. Try to find high quality images of the original heads used in the game, plus all the actors? Good luck. You'll end up with new faces for most of the guards, and that will only upset people. Update weapons and gadgets with enhanced images, and it could make them seem different.

I think it's time we just learn that nothing will be like the original N64 game. We'll still find something to complain about, just like we did with the PD XBLA version. You can't just slap HD textures on everything and expect it to look good. And when you start tweaking models to give it a better appearance, you start changing little pieces of everything. New means different, and different means we won't like it. We, the diehards, just have to accept that.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
The same thing could be said about graphics. Use new high res textures, and they might not maintain the charm of the original. Try to find high quality images of the original heads used in the game, plus all the actors? Good luck. You'll end up with new faces for most of the guards, and that will only upset people. Update weapons and gadgets with enhanced images, and it could make them seem different.

I think it's time we just learn that nothing will be like the original N64 game. We'll still find something to complain about, just like we did with the PD XBLA version. You can't just slap HD textures on everything and expect it to look good. And when you start tweaking models to give it a better appearance, you start changing little pieces of everything. New means different, and different means we won't like it. We, the diehards, just have to accept that.

Well damn I guess you're right Wreck The images are really small and low quality so you would have to find them all and their original origin to enlarge them. Was a good dream though Wink

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

Agreed. The 360 version of PD looks fantastic, but some of the visual changes, such as Joanna's and Elvis's face, and some of the weapons, look different (not just better or clearer) to their PD counterparts, and change the atmosphere of the game. A real pity, as many of the updated textures, even those that depart from the look of the original game, are really good and add to the game.

But regarding the 360 version, the graphics were the least of the problems. I was really disappointed that the 360 version didn't have any new features or additions (other than online play and the Goldeneye weapons in multiplayer) to the original game. Like (I imagine) many people, I was hoping there'd be new multiplayer maps, probably in the form of some of PD's single player maps being brought to multiplayer, plus more game modes, etc. Sort of a 'Perfect Dark Deluxe', especially since it was a tenth anniversary re-release of one of the best games ever made.

But no. They didn't even improve the game by reading up on the posts made by PD fans over the years on the 'net where they said what features they'd like to see added, and implementing some of the suggestions (such as a cheat for infinite Psychosis Gun bullets, being able to use a pre-defined button to activate slow-mo mode (or throw a grenade, etc) without having to change to that weapon first, having an option to start with a weapon when you spawn, being able to choose where in the level the Case bases are, etc).

They didn't even fix the bugs that were present in the original game (at least not the ones I checked for, such as the sims being useless with the shotgun in multiplayer, or (I'm 99% sure I would have checked this one, but I can't quite remember) the briefcase going missing in the Ravine).

In fact, and this is all the more unbelievable considering how long the 360 version took to release, they actually managed to introduce new bugs to the 360 version, such as the Slayer's missile randomly disappearing whilst in flight, weapons falling through the floor, and the game's inability to remember your weapon settings (primary or secnd mode of fire) between multiplayer matches, etc. The game was even released with badly set up controls (that offered little configurability), that made left handed players, or *anyone* who was going for precise aiming, curse the game. Many people who tried PD on the 360 abandoned it in disgust, and by the time a patch was released that fixed some (but not all, I seem to remember) of the bugs and controller problems, most players had lost interest in it, meaning that there were few online players of the game.

A real shame. It wasn't even Rare who did the conversion, they farmed it out to 4J studios. Maybe Rare considered the job of porting an old game to be beneath them, or perhaps they didn't want to touch a game that didn't involve the Kinnect. Whatever the reasons, we got a not too great port of a superb game, and it killed off most of the online interest the game would have otherwise got.

Thanks, Rare.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Game companies have just flatout LOST VISION and CREATIVITY. The focus is on money and graphics with little effort put into gameplay. Technology has become per say PROUD. Meaning there is no heart left in making games like there used to be when the gaming industry first started and everyone was trying NEW IDEAS Wink Seriously when's the last time you've seen game companies really come out with insane amounts of game ideas no one's thought of? Everyone just copies off older stuff ESPECIALLY MUSIC. People really hate on my 80's music but you know what? NINETY PERCENT of it was ORIGINAL and written by the artists themselves. Thank God we still have people that form bands in different genres or all we'd have is Lady Gaga etc to give us original stuff. I personally use to cringe at Katy Perry lol , until I saw her movie and was forced to experience all of her music. She writes her own music and doesn't care about a hit FORMULA, etc. This same example is what's happened to the gaming industry. It's all linked to old ideas like zombies, space, etc. I'd rather player Super Metroid or Metroid Prime on Gamecube than some of these POSER cop offs. Just my opinion Wink

J.D.
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, good and bad news.

Good news: I have a lot since my last update. Not really playable, not even for a beta. But I'm still working on a solid workflow for making characters and scenery.

Bad news: I really need help. Mainly with assets. I have all the pipeline already defined and the softwares and techniques, but is really a lot of stuff to do.

Please post if you are interested and have time to work! Time is really important and dedication. Remember, I'm not doing this to sell, I'm doing as a hobby.

Also, I'm not using Unreal engine anymore, but this will be demonstrated in a near future.

So, I'm here to ask you guys as much help as possible.

I'll update a video demonstrating the game basic mechanics and I hope you enjoy.

Also, I do not plan to let this project die. Even if it takes five, ten years, It will happen.

Thanks for your support until now.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is going to sound really outlandish, but if someone has the emulator source code, they can remove the menu GUI etc, put the Goldeneye ROM into the programs memory (so it's not a separate file/ROM in same directory) and manually load it upon program start up, and implement features like Stolen's Multiplayer console (which ran flawlessly, by the way) that runs in the background. Likewise, a server list could be added (which will take some effort) over the game GUI.

As I said, it's outlandish and I'm nearly 100 percent sure no one is going to do this as it is way too complicated but things like this can be done, but that doesn't mean their always possible.

J.D.
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I was thinking about work with the ROM, actually.

I was thinking about mapping all assets in a vector, for example. And then replace them dinamically (but use the same size, position, etc, but with other meshes). This way I can work only in mechanics and gameplay, but the maps would look pretty much like the original, but with nowadays textures and models.

I know this isn't impossible, since the Goldeneye Editor is already there.

Would like to hear a word from the rom hackers about it. Maybe we could make something interesting and new at the same time.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah well J.D. I'm happy to hear from you again! I know really nothing about such advanced hacking so I'm really sorry, if I would be able to help I'd done it for sure!
I still can support you because the things you showed us were very promising and if you like what you're doing, we don't mind waiting. As my sig says, the more effort you put in it, the more satisfaction you'll get when it gets finished Smile

fredspider
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Guys,

I have been reading the forums for a very long time as a guest but the recent events got my attention and I finally decided to register an account.

I'm also a huge GoldenEye fan and I dream to have a decent remake fully workable for PC's. Emulators doesn't do justice do GE.

The idea of J.D. looks very promising (I'm a Brazilian programmer too, my friend!) and I'm here to help make this project comes true!

I have been with a same idea since the news of the XBLA remake, about full porting GE to a PC platform with no changes at all in the original content. It's GE in it's full glory.

The base idea is to get everything we can extract using the current tolls (i.e. setup editor) to use the original content in the remake.

From what I research, we can currently extract:
- Maps
- Textures
- Game texts
- Sound Effects
- Music
- Character models
- Guns / props models

Some stuff are still unknown - I think - like character animations and particle effects. The engine, like J.D said, can be worked with the ROM to make it as close to the original as possible (I think using a modern engine would not work as expected)

Well, all I wanna say is that I’m here to help you guys to make a fan-made GoldenEye remake that worth it! Wink

Thanks everyone! Smile

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fredspider wrote:
Hello Guys,

I have been reading the forums for a very long time as a guest but the recent events got my attention and I finally decided to register an account.

I'm also a huge GoldenEye fan and I dream to have a decent remake fully workable for PC's. Emulators doesn't do justice do GE.

The idea of J.D. looks very promising (I'm a Brazilian programmer too, my friend!) and I'm here to help make this project comes true!

I have been with a same idea since the news of the XBLA remake, about full porting GE to a PC platform with no changes at all in the original content. It's GE in it's full glory.

The base idea is to get everything we can extract using the current tolls (i.e. setup editor) to use the original content in the remake.

From what I research, we can currently extract:
- Maps
- Textures
- Game texts
- Sound Effects
- Music
- Character models
- Guns / props models

Some stuff are still unknown - I think - like character animations and particle effects. The engine, like J.D said, can be worked with the ROM to make it as close to the original as possible (I think using a modern engine would not work as expected)

Well, all I wanna say is that I’m here to help you guys to make a fan-made GoldenEye remake that worth it! Wink

Thanks everyone! Smile

What you are describing, already exists as a multiplayer mod. Goldeneye Source. Of course it's using custom made models etc, but the concept is the same.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

fredspider
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Spyster!

For sure, Goldeneye Source is a great multiplayer remake with the advantage of the source engine from HL and enhanced graphics.

The purpose of this remake is to keep the original content and focus on the single player campaign, as J.D said

The first Half-Life engine - Gold Source - is a great one to work as MultiplayerX suggested.

Let's wait for J.D to confirm wich engine he will be using as the base for the game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: