ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Remake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.D.
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FredSpider, I'm not the best person to say this I think, but here it goes: Welcome to the forums :p

So, Let me talk about what I have in mind.

Assets:

Assets will be based on extracted assets, like you said.

Props:
My initial idea was to play a level and write every single prop that there is in there (no big deal, about 40 - 50 per level I suppose)

Then, remodel them in Blender. - This for static like barrels, boxes, etc.

Models:

Models will have a different pipeline. I'll make the main characters based on the real actors face. So Bond will be P. Brosnan, Alec will be Sean Bean, etc. FaceGen Modeller will to the trick about the facial textures, then the head will be attached to a body made in Quidam on the fly.
The bodies as I said will be coming from Quidam in .DAE with bones, and the animations will come from two techniques: The first one is for fallings and shootings, using Mecanim, bio-mechanics based animator. And the baked animations, like Walk and Run could be generated using a help from someone here that owns an Kinect. Then, the animations can be recorded using Ipi Mocap Studio. If you have a Kinect and would love to help, Youtube for Ipi Mocap Studio Kinect.

Textures:

Textures will have a pipeline based on Substances. I love to work with substances, they are really great for texturing characters and also envs textures. Maybe some needs to pass through PS because of the HDR channel. Again, no big deal.

Skyboxes of course will be made in Terragen2.

Sounds:
I don't know much about sound effects. But I presume a sound artist would use FL Studio or Ableton Studio for make them.

Gameplay:
The gameplay is different from the other stuff, because it have to be based on the gaming experience, and there is a lot of things that we actually don't realize when playing, but make the difference.
For example, the stealth feature of Goldeneye, that actually I had no idea about at that time. Each shot create a range and alerts the guards inside that range. If you shot again, the range is larger than it was in the last shot, and more guards will come, even if they "didn't listen" the shot. It is a gameplay feature that can be easily made, but I'm afraid of not put in my version other features that maybe make the difference (mainly about the weapon system, recoil, accuracy)

Maps:

Maps can be done in Sketchup that I think can deal with the maps styles or if you prefer a software more like Worldcraft (Hammer Editor) there is also DeleD Community Edition that is pretty much likely.

I decided to use Unity as engine and C# as main scripting language because of the freedom tha gives to the programmer in terms of making gameplay and because also allows to easily port to other platforms. Also, the graphics features of Unity doesn't stay behind Unreal in terms of beauty, allowing us to write our very own shaders easily to help us to make a very new Goldeneye experience, besides Mecanim is a great feature that will be used a lot.

I know there is a lot of word but just few acts. Actually guys, I'm really sorry about my late in showing you what I do have, because I want to record some videos showing the dev process, and I need time for this. But I will do it, and ask you patience.

Other important thing to note is that as I'm by myself until now, I decided that only Dam level will be made first. All the gameplay elements will be programmed and the game will be playable with Dam only.

So we need only the Dam assets, and only a PP7, KF7, Sniper Rifle and DD44 (correct me if I'm wrong please) to work on the weapon system.

Also, with all the objectives from 00 Agent.

When the base be ready, we just have to work on other levels.

So, thanks for your support guys.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with Goldeneye Source, which looks fantastic by the way is that it pretty much plays out and feels like the other 1000 first person shooters out there.

The physics of the game are waay off the original N64 Goldeneye and I personally absolutely hate the static reticule used again in 99% of fps, as if the gun were mounted on your shoulder or your head.

The beauty of goldeneye was its control scheme and how smoothly the gun waves from side to side as you quickly turn etc.

If you guys could port or possibly mimic the fluidity of the controls and floating reticule, I think weve got a winner here!

btw. Im excited to still see a community and members that love the game as much as I do. Cheers.

TigglesWorth
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this still under active development? I didn't feel like reading through all the pages of replies, but I really hope you haven't abandoned this project - I see a lot of promise. If you're still here, PM me sometime - I have a lot of experience programming with very little experience actually developing games (other than a few text-based games in C++ for a little fun). If you've got a good engine to use and need a little help, I can definitely learn the library's functions and all that fancy shmancy stuff and give you a hand. Alternatively, if you don't need any help, I can probably help find some modelers or graphic designers that will make a few sprites for you or whatever. I'm not much of an artist myself, but I know a few people who have offered to help with game designing before that I never got around to.

Please keep this up! I'm really excited for it, and it would be awfully disappointing to see such a promising project not get completed. Keep this active!

-Tiggles Worth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: