ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark Remake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad you enjoyed it! And yes, the lift shown is a placeholder.

About a BETA, we want to do some maps to launch an Alpha Multiplayer also need to model at least a 5 characters for the game, as long as Joanna, of course! Also, we model the weapons, at least 7, we try to extract the original and re redo them, but they are very low-poly, if anyone can help with anything, please contact!

Question: What maps do you want in Alpha Multiplayer?

Question: What maps do you want in Alpha Multiplayer? At least 3!

http://codenamedark.ltmiles.com/forum/

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I BADLY want to see DEEPSEA in multiplayer on this bro Wink. DeepSea and then DATADYNE CENTRAL with elevators. THAT would get people's attention big time brother Wink. If you can't make some teleports in the CRY engine for Deep Sea just connect all the sections together! I would work on DeepSea next because it has such a FANTASTIC look to it Cool . Man I'd sell a kidney to see that and Datadyne's skyrise w elevators in this Laughing

Thanks for asking! MultiX

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:
I BADLY want to see DEEPSEA in multiplayer on this bro Wink. DeepSea and then DATADYNE CENTRAL with elevators. THAT would get people's attention big time brother Wink. If you can't make some teleports in the CRY engine for Deep Sea just connect all the sections together! I would work on DeepSea next because it has such a FANTASTIC look to it Cool . Man I'd sell a kidney to see that and Datadyne's skyrise w elevators in this Laughing

Thanks for asking! MultiX

I agree with all that, but I do think that at first they should concentrate on porting the existing multiplayer maps to the new Perfect Dark, as those maps are already proven to be fun to play, don't need decisions making as to how to alter them to make them multiplayer friendly, and pre-existing maps will do more to attract players than new maps will (as nostalgia will cause some people to want to try it, whereas if the maps are new then the nostalgia factor will be lessened).

Personally, I'd say Temple, G5, and Pipe, if I had to name three. Maybe Ravine too, as it's great for large battles and weapons like the Slayer and Rocket Launcher.

Actually, I'd say every map except Car Park and Fortress, as they are the only two I don't like - Fortress just doesn't 'work' for me, and Car Park seems unfinished. But if you said you would just do three then I'd probably say Temple, G5, and Pipes.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well then AT LEAST make one of the maps a Solo multi. I honestly think if games were made the way players really wanted them then you'd see more campaign maps programmed to run well in multi. I see your point KERR but since this is a complete remake I don't think it matters what maps are done first because that game engine is a BEAST and any PD level would run pretty flawless in it. Wink DEEPSEA and DATADYNE baby! Laughing

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think anyone has to even mention these maps buuuuuut: Complex and Facility.
Maybe Car Park to show of the Lighting power of the Engine(although I'm not a fan of that map)

Either CP or Villa.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MJarcos you are doing an excellent job!

My three multi maps for the beta would be Grid, Skedar and Warehouse. But I think those are the best PD multi maps and it would be better to save at least two of them for next releases, hehe.

So I would say something like Base, Area 52 and one of the above.
If you are including solo levels as multis too, Datadyne rooftop, Carrington Villa and Air Base would fit perfectly.

LTMiles
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm digging the enthusiasm here. THANKS GUYS.

Honestly, after the institute, I was doing a little work on the datadyne building, but its very restrictive as a multiplayer map. It would work as a counter strike style of assault, but it would need to be modified in order to prevent a bottleneck on the stairs if team death match was implemented.

I currently have the temple from Goldeneye 75% done(from an earlier project), didn't intend to incorporate that into this mod, but why not ya know?

I would have a lot of fun with facility, but I haven't started anything besides the 3 currently. One thing I'm trying to put more into the maps are destructibility, I really think that makes them pop. That having been said, I'm still getting used to this engine and am still learning alot.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

welcome MILES!! great work bro yea well even four floors with an elevator would be cool just separate them with a low texture shaft and the level would look enormous but be small and optimized Razz

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a fan of the Grid map from Combat Simulator, and I think with a facelift like you've given to the Carrington Institute, that it could look stellar.

Which level you work on next isn't too much of a concern to me, personally. So long as the quality of work is maintained throughout each map, I'll be pleased to see any of these stages being taken on.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with what Wreck is saying. I too am also a big fan of the Grid map, as well as Warehouse, and one that simply can't spring to mind at the moment. The way you did Carrington Institute is absolutely astounding, and I'm very eager to see how this progresses into other levels, and eventually gameplay.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those are very good points. I would love to see some of those Solos in multi but the regular multis would look EPIC with the same work for sure. Keep us updated doc!

LTMiles
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest, I don't remember the multiplayer levels of perfect dark much, by 2000 my brothers moved out and I just played the campaign continuously by myself. My memory of goldeneye maps are much clearer.

Here are some samples of Temple I whipped up a few weeks back.

http://i.imgur.com/7C7nREc.jpg (tried a nifty idea of a cave in, tried out parallax mapping)

http://i.imgur.com/ZoMs3Sm.jpg (played around with some lighting)

For the institute, I'm not using any secondary vis areas, which means the whole map is going to be naturally well lit. I think darker or alternative lit maps, Cryengine 3 really begins to show off.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool NICE with designs like that i could almost settle withour solo multis Very Happy ALMOST Laughing looks super!

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LTMiles wrote:
To be honest, I don't remember the multiplayer levels of perfect dark much, by 2000 my brothers moved out and I just played the campaign continuously by myself. My memory of goldeneye maps are much clearer.

PD's multiplayer maps are mostly very good (I prefer them to GE's, some people think differently). You could have played them against PD's very good bots, you know, playing a four team game of Combat (deathmatch) set up like this (PD allows you up to eight bots) ;

Team 1 - just you (the only human),
Team 2 - three bots,
Team 3 - three bots,
Team 4 - two bots,

is great, as you often find bots fighting each other, and you can happily kill anyone, as no one else is on your team so you won't kill a teammate if you shoot without checking who's team they are on.

Quote:

Here are some samples of Temple I whipped up a few weeks back.

http://i.imgur.com/7C7nREc.jpg (tried a nifty idea of a cave in, tried out parallax mapping)

http://i.imgur.com/ZoMs3Sm.jpg (played around with some lighting)

Wow. Just wow...

They are fantastic, though you might have to balance out the (very effective) lighting against the people who's PCs won't be able to run the mod with those features on their PCs.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
...though you might have to balance out the (very effective) lighting against the people who's PCs won't be able to run the mod with those features on their PCs.

You can have GREAT graphics anyway without having to max out directx or whatever. DESIGN is key. The game engine on this game is pretty demanding anyway and was not made to compensate low end systems Sad I have some laptops that I bought for LAN gaming and they are falling behind pretty badly Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: