ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark Remake
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Perfect Dark Remake Reply with quote Back to top

Purpose:

Remake Perfect Dark on Unreal Engine 4 with cutting edge graphics, while maintaining fidelity to the original.

Programs that we are using:

Autodesk 3DSMAX 2013/MAYA 2014/BLENDER/CINEMA4D - Modeling and Animation.
Unreal Engine 4 - Game engine.
ZBrush - Touches on models.
Goldeneye/Perfect Dark Setup Editor - Studying maps.
Adobe Creative Suite + Autodesk Scaleform - HUD and UI.
FL Studio - Remaking Music and Sounds.
Sony Vegas 11/Adobe After Effects CC - Videos for divulgation.
Visual Studio 2013 - Scripts and Coding.

Team: (So far)

Marcos Paulo (Me) - Leader, Modeler, Level Builder and Divulgation
Ricardo Ros (RERP) - Song Creator/Remixer
Clint Sherman - Modeler
BigBoss1819 - Modeler

Want to help, any tips? Get in touch!
perfectdremake@yahoo.com.br

Development Diary:

http://codenamedark.ltmiles.com/?lang=pt (Portuguese)
http://codenamedark.ltmiles.com/?lang=es (Espanõl)
http://codenamedark.ltmiles.com/ (English)

Last edited by MJarcos on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:35 am; edited 15 times in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose the first task would be trying to mimic the original as well as possible, and then building upon it with additional weaponry, characters, and missions. It's going to be one heck of a challenge, but I wish you the best of luck with it. Do keep us informed. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeh it sounds great, cant wait to see what what its gona look like.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the words, by time I'm thinking of doing the remake, does not mean it will do the same this time.

Until now, the title screen:

No significant changes, just changing the text to my language and adapting them to the PD, my idea is to change the background color to blue and make a 3D cube menu to be "almost" equal to PD.

Well, let's see what fate awaits me!

Mantorok
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd focus on getting all the original content done first. I'd also suggest focusing more on the game logic and behaviour too. It's a recurring theme with remakes for people to start modelling weapons, maps, and characters like crazy; but then it all falls apart when it comes time to write the code to make things behave the way they're supposed to.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds great! What I want from a remake is a 1:1 identical copy first and foremost. Then when thats in place (and released!) it might be time to think about how to improve it, but as others have said, please concentrate on just making the new version exactly like the original in gameplay, weapons, maps, etc.

This, along with the Goldeneye remake, and Goldeneye X, sounds really intriguing - please keep us updated with your progress.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey MJarcos, long time no see.

How's the Portuguese translation of Goldeneye going? I hope the files and explanation I sent to you helped.

A Perfect Dark remake is very ambitious! And it will be even harder if you are learning, but it's good to have something as reference to work with, and even better if it's something you like a lot. Very Happy

I have never done something like this but I would say you choose a small level (probably Chicago, but I can think of Air Force one or G5 Building) and finish it before doing something else (background, music, sounds, models, IA, special effects...). You'll gain a lot of experience this way and probably can reuse part of it for the other levels.

Improvements that you can make to the game... I'm sure that if you change something a lot of people will complain Laughing
But there are some levels that I didn't like very much and rethinking the background could be a good idea (Pelagic II, for example). There are other levels that could be expanded (Chicago, for example).
PD has a big quantity and variety of weapons. I wouldn't add any, but I would try to keep all the originals with their secondary modes.

You have more freedom in multi. Having all the original modes and stuff and expand it will please everbody. You could recover modes from Goldeneye such as 'The man with the golden gun' and 'You only live twice' (but with customizable number of deaths).
You can also add the GE multi maps and even some solo missions too (Datadyne building top floors, Villa...). Yeah, I'm increasing the amount of work you'll have to do. Razz

Perfect Dark was perfect when it was released and it is still outstanding today, so there isn't very much you can improve.

Now that I think of it, you could add some nice details such as see the body of Joanna if you look down, even make it so the body projects shadows and reflects on some surfaces. Also you could have some effects on the HUD, such as drops of rain in Chicago, or vapor coming from Joanna's mouth in snowy levels.

Well, just go little by little, no matter how much it takes. Try to set reasonable goals. Finish a full level and continue from there. Wink

I wish you the best of lucks.

MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Sogun o/

The translation is ready, I threw on my main site - http://romhacking.trd.br/. Not yet sent the translation to Subdrag because she is not yet at that desired quality for me. Smile

First of all, I have to get used to the CryEngine, of course! I also have to recreate all the weapons and gadgets, so I'm getting used to the engine. Soon I want to bring some ideas to the Institute Carrigton, for example:

You realize that almost did not use the Hoverbike was thinking of creating a large area for you to run it, or even add a training area just for her, kind of useless anyway do not use it almost never in the game. But I think it would be cool to have that option.

Another thing, it would be nice to change the second function of the AR34. You realize that the second function means it is useless? Pensnaod I'm just giving in to zoom, add a sniper sight of the place, what do you think?

Thanks o/

J.D.
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MJarcos, wish you best of luck. Also, could you give us some briefing about your skills or maybe some project you've already done?

MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JD:

Eu tenho 15 anos e nunca trabalhei em um projeto desses, a não ser em conselhos, perigoso, hein?

Um cara que não tem um mínimo de conhecimento em C (Cryengine foi feita em C) tentando recriar um jogo como PD, daora, hein?

Mas quando você quer algo, você consegue, pois vontade de aprender eu tenho muito ^^

Tenho um pouco de experiência em criar texturas, alguns modelos 3D e coisas assim, nada muito profissinal, vivendo e aprendendo...

Abraços e boa sorte com o Goldeneye Revolution!

ING:

I am 15 old and never worked on such a project, unless on advice, dangerous, huh?

A guy who does not have a minimum knowledge of C (Cryengine has made in C) trying to recreate a game like PD, cool, huh?

But when you want something, you can, because I have a desire to learn much ^^

I have some experience in creating textures, 3D models and stuff, nothing too profissinal, live and learn...

Hugs and good luck with the Goldeneye Revolution!

Obs: Você é do Brasil? Idem por aqui!

J.D.
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MJarcos, actually I'd recommend you to start using Unity. Is very good to lear how to learn Scripting. There is a huge difference betweend coding and scripting. To work with CE3, you dont need actually to know how to Code, just scripting. And the language would be Lua. I know CE a little also, really thinking about GE:R run on it instead of UDK.

So, start learning a little about making entities and you feel more free to modify such a huge tool like CE. I wish you best of luck again, and well.. Be aware you have really, REALLY a lot to do. Would be better you start making some plans on how to develop each part of the game. Think in assets first, and then you start thinking in reuning them in some engine. The engine by itself doesn't matter, there is no best engine. What exist is the engine that better fit your needs. So, Unity is a good point to start, is very easy and very powerfull too.

Anything I can can help, let me know.

Boa sorte Wink

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow even more remakes and big projects coming! Smile
good luck Mjarcos, I hope you're going to have fun in making this great idea come true! Smile

MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JD:

I'll follow your advice! The Unity confuse me more is that the C3, it must be because I use the C3 longer, we'll see what happens.

But I do like you, I will separate all models of PD on the N64, start reshaping everything and start thinking like the missions will work, there will be some changes in phases, but nothing significant.

Also I will study hard the programming language of C3 and other things that can help in the game.

This can take many years, but the remake comes out, what matters is you do.

We can never get such projects with comments: "We can!", "It's gonna be awesome", "Everybody will love." Everything comes with time.

MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well... Carrington Institute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJTtl9xxSSo

I'd make a video exploring the institute, but the game are a little heavy for recording.
Yes, the map is huge, it will not be so when complete it will start decreasing its proportions...

Thanks

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good work!

The lighting engine makes it look so good even without textures. Picking the right textures will be the hardest thing. How are you going to texture it? Google for similar textures? Making them yourself? You can see textures separately thanks to Editor, so you can have a base to work with.

As for proportions, I think I already told you how to convert the levels to OBJ so you can measure them with an external modelling tool.
I can help you with some references if you need them, like how tall is the ceiling from the floor, how big are doors, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: