ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark Remake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Friday, I was napping in the afternoon and started thinking how the project is annoying because in a way, just me and the Rev are working on it. I was not having fun with the game and started thinking, 'Why am I doing something I will not like it, after all, already played the N64 and some played on the X-BOX, why we play the same thing again? So I decided I'm going to redo most scenarios, thus making Codename Dark look like a true remake.

Why doing this?

The objective of this project was always remake Perfect Dark, but not only that, prepare for the world of game development, almost all members of the team want to pursue this career. We are doing this because we love and want to do the best fan-remake of all, in a way, I realized that doing the same thing they have done, would not help us meet that goal.

And believe me, try to duplicate the old structures is boring and annoying.

The main features of Perfect Dark will stay?

Yep.

There will be new content? (Missions, weapons, multiplayer modes)

Yep.

OMG! You will ruin the best game ever! #not #cool

That's where you come in, you will ensure that the project does not get off the tracks.

Some images:

Institute - WIP

Gaming Room - WIP

Conference room - WIP Final

I hope you understand and I hope to continue supporting us.

PS: The new institute is already fully designed, I think you gonna like!

PSĀ²: I need my blanket anti rocks

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very pleased to hear this! Don't get me wrong, if there were no other way to play the vanilla Perfect Dark, then I'd really want you to make a 1:1 copy (though if you added higher quality textures, on-line play, new multiplayer levels, etc, then I wouldn't complain! But since we can already play PD on our N64s or XBox 360s then it would be great to have a remastered/alternate version of PD, rather than a third straight version.

Please please PLEASE don't leave out any multiplayer maps/weapons*/game modes/etc, though. A new campaign would be brilliant (as long as it's down well, of course), but please don't replace PD's multiplayer, instead include everything that's already in it the original game's multiplayer, and build on that (i.e. add to it but please don't remove anything).

If you are doing a "Perfect Dark 2", a sequel, then you could cover 'Retaking the Institute', where Joanna and other Carrington soldiers have to take back control of the Carrington Institute from the Skedar and dataDyne soldiers. There's a lot of possibility for a great story in the idea for a PD sequel. And it's up to you, of course, but if I were you then I'd pretend Perfect Dark Zero never existed, and ony accept as canon anything that was in the N64 game. Your choice, of course.

Anyway, I'm really excited by your news, and I hope you'll keep at it and do the finished game justice!

* And of course keep all of the weapons in the single player campaign, too.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with your design decision also - there's got to be room to let the creative nature flow when designing, and from personal experience: if you get a little niggle with something there's a good chance it's your subconscious saying that it should be another way. I don't think you'll look back at your decision with distain.

The original PD was good, but technology has grown to a stage where the quirks in a game that resulted from not having processor speed don't need to be there which should result in more wriggle room for you.

I'll probably never have a home computer powerful enough to run your game, but I work in the industry and know that everything (even the menu system for a presentation app) should be that strange blend of things that make up "fun" and you've just taken the first big leap in that direction. Good luck!

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:

I'll probably never have a home computer powerful enough to run your game,

Oh you will, unless you NEVER own a PC. I mean, in ten years time, the average PC will probably be able to run this game and still have 90% of it's CPU/GFX resources free. By then, probably digital cameras will be able to run this game, the way CPUs are steadily increasing in speed, though admittedly the speed increase isn't as fast in the past couple few years as it was before that, but everything comes in cycles.

Raijin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man,like the way things are going.good job

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dewd that is AWESOME!

Hey I tell you what Wink...................

I'm already getting pretty good with hammer editor so if you want help mapping this f*cking beauty I'll HELP Wink PM me dewd!

GORGEOUS looking work brother. Thumbs up! Cool

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any news on this? It's been more thana year since the diary (http://codenamedark.ltmiles.com/) was updated, too.

MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

So the project is not dead, only I'm working on the project. Some are dedicating their careers and some just disappeared (typical in projects like these). Progress is slow, but I'm always tinkering with the project, however, I'm no professional, I still have a lot to learn. On the 'developer diary', well, the site was full of bots and I needed to change some things on the site and forum, so I decided to make a new forum. (http://codenamedark.proboards.com/)

I am currently preparing a new 'developer diary'.
It also has a page on Facebook, where I post more frequently: (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Codename-Dark-Perfect-Dark-Fan-Remake/423512191077035)

I hope you understand. At the end I leave an image with the new texture to replace the 'yellow wall'

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's great, and thanks for letting us know that the project is still being worked on. It doesn't matter how slowly it progresses, or even if you have to leave it alone for weeks at a time, but please post here every month or two, just to let us know that the project hasn't been abandoned. The internet is like a graveyard for abandoned projects, and this PD remake definitely doesn't deserve to be amongst their number.

MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, here we have three concepts of Falcon 2, one of the project's rules, the community should be very involved in the project, so which version do you prefer?

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you asking advice to complicate people too ?
Cause here's mine, in case ^^ :
3rd is my favorite, mostly because of the shape of the gun.
But first got a better looking grip imho (where the hand hold it)
I'd like the part where the bullet is ejected when you shoot, to be a bit lighter, something like it is on the first one.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The third one is a TT33 with custom grip, of which I think would obstruct the magazine (it comes too far in at the top-left)

The Ejector on 2 is a bit far back (left) and would expose the breach (based on angle of grip and magazine)

The first one resembles a Browning Hi-Power for the barrel and topslide however I cannot find any real examples where a pistol has a straight vertical rear and no hammer.

So... you havnt included the real Colt Double Eagle, the basis of the Falcon2.

Trev

MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In fact, this was intentional, despite the Falcon 2 was based on Colt Eagle, in my opinion, they do not think alike, so I looked a more like pistol, and found the 'Springfield XD'

But I do not know if Tyler used it to make the concepts, probably yes.

9Solid
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, everybody! I'm the concept artist behind the gun. The first gun is indeed based on the Springfield XD, a striker fire pistol the likes of a Glock. No hammer needed.

I will take your advice and make changes as needed when we decide on a direction to take the gun. The first gun is a carbon copy of the Springfield, and through messing around with the silhouettes I created the second two from the first. They're not perfectly fleshed out, each made in around 2 hours.

I've never actually done any weapon concepts, so this is a little new to me. I'm predominantly a 3D artist flexing my illustration muscles.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everyone.

Would you mind if I did a few models? I'm a beginner in higher-poly 3D art, but I've done it time-to-time.

For proof, here's a 3D revamp of the Klobb I made awhile ago in Khed.

The textures where place holders because I didn't know how to insert proper textures into Khed at the time of making this, but I fully understand the program nowadays.

I wouldn't mind doing the following weapons:

Shotgun

Cyclone

AR34

K7 Avenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: