ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark Remake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

9Solid wrote:
Hey, everybody! I'm the concept artist behind the gun. The first gun is indeed based on the Springfield XD, a striker fire pistol the likes of a Glock. No hammer needed.

I will take your advice and make changes as needed when we decide on a direction to take the gun. The first gun is a carbon copy of the Springfield, and through messing around with the silhouettes I created the second two from the first. They're not perfectly fleshed out, each made in around 2 hours.

I've never actually done any weapon concepts, so this is a little new to me. I'm predominantly a 3D artist flexing my illustration muscles.

Hello, and welcome to the forum! All three guns look great, but I prefer 1, then 3, then 2. But I'm not very observant, or conversant with real weapons, so I admit that my opinion doesn't carry much weight (my opinions will be much stronger regarding game modes, game settings, etc).

The Extremist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Falcon concept #1 looks the best. It's the sleekest. The third is too rounded and the second is too blocky.

Please remember that the final product needs to be really shiny. Like this:

http://sidewinder742.deviantart.com/art/CI-Falcon-2-293780682

9Solid
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
Hello, and welcome to the forum! All three guns look great, but I prefer 1, then 3, then 2. But I'm not very observant, or conversant with real weapons, so I admit that my opinion doesn't carry much weight (my opinions will be much stronger regarding game modes, game settings, etc).

Thank you! I'm going to continue fleshing out the concepts and work on developing more pre production artwork while we work towards our first playable.

MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Falcon 2 and MagSec4 implemented.

Remember that all models are placeholder, there will be models (and textures) improved in later versions.

MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

p3d.in/dRTzz - MagSec4
p3d.in/ctkK4 - Dragon
p3d.in/tWFta - Super Dragon
p3d.in/er4mc - LaptopGun by Alberto Lizano
p3d.in/hmrfY - Falcon 2 - Normal

I am trying my best to recreate the weapons.

Issa
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hello

i have the same idea to you

i really like perfect dark

and i want it on a modern engine

so i have started a map skedar :

but i really like the project

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The website:

http://codenamedark.ltmiles.com/

is down, and gives the message "Internal Server Error".

*Please* don't say that this project has been abandoned...

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ to be expected.

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Someone else seems to have the domain name ltmiles.com now.

MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cancelled? No. Stopped? Yes, unfortunately...

The problem? Probably the same of several fan-remakes: Very ambitious.

Since the beginning of the project, I thought of something big, but i had no idea how it's hard to make a game. In fact, I had no experience making games when I started.

One of the problems we had from the beginning was the team, i never had a fixed team, some people leave because of personal things, others because they found employment and others because they put no faith in the project. It's not anyone's fault, this is a fan-project, none of them should give satisfaction to me, only me should have satisfaction for players and project followers.

I talked to the level designer a few days ago and he told me what I knew but did not want to admit, the way the team was, the game would not happen, after this, i talked to the programmer of the project and decided to 'freeze' the project.

This is the end of Codename Dark? I hope not. At the moment me and the programmer are making something smaller, we have no idea what it is yet, but it is a game guided by history.

I'm sorry for disappointing the players and the project's followers.

I would like to thank everyone here forum who gave suggestions and criticisms to the project and i have to say: It is painful and shameful to have to write something like this.

Kerr Avon: First, I would like to thank you. You were one of the people who encouraged me to continue the project.
"http://codenamedark.ltmiles.com/ was created by a member of the project when he came out, the site went well. You can find most things on the facebook page."

PaRaDoX: Sad but true... Sad

Issa: Pretty nice. I am glad that there are still people who want Perfect Dark in the new generation. But i strongly recommend you use static meshes instead of BSP, they do not have much impact on performance.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to hear about the current situation regarding this project. Hopefully you can work out all the issues that have brought it to a current halt, and begin again in the future when everything is resolved.

Happy Harry
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man! finding out about this project now Sad sucks you guys are having issues. i hope to see a update soon someday!

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't post in here, partly because of the superstitious feeling that if I did then I'd sort of make the project really officially dead. I was hoping that at some point you'd make a "The project is resumed and we have some new stuff to show you" type post, but it's been so long now that even a PD fanatic like me has to face reality Crying or Very sad

MJarcos, are you still around on these forums? I hope so, we don't have too many members here (but then again, we're not filled with the trolls that plague many other fan sites), and I hope you never felt that you'd let us down and had to leave the forums. It was brave and ambitious of you to try such a project, and those involved clearly had a lot of talent, but circumstances and real life (which takes up most of our free time, we all know how that feels, sadly) were against such a huge project being finished by unpaid home coders/artists, however talented and dedicated, and I'm sure no one on here blames you for not being able to complete such a herculean task.

Plus we "PD is the best game ever" fans are massively outnumbered by the "Goldeneye is the best game ever" fans on this site, so we need all of the PD fans we can find!

Anyway, I hope you're well, and thanks for such interesting posts about the project.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd put myself into the category of...
GoldenEye is my favourite game ever, but I recognize that Perfect Dark is technically superior. Razz

MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, how have you been?

First of all, I apologize for the silence treatment for these years, I was ashamed of having entered into the statistics of fan games that were never completed. I used this time to improve my game development skills.

I do not have much to say except thank you for the support you gave me during the years I spent here. Seriously, thank you.

I've been trying to write this since June, what a relief!

BTW, I'm thinking (just thinking) in restarting the project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: