ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MISSION] dataDyne Facility - Stealth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll definitely go over your briefing as soon as I'm back at home, which should be in the next day or two. You've already got a really great start on it, so it's just a matter of adding some more details and altering it so it sounds like better English.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Jonaeru
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for feedback.
I make improved version of Felicity - Escape. (Now at work)

acceptable67 wrote:
Nice Jonaeru - glad to see other people making PD missions.

Oddly enough, I made a demo PD mission in Facility a couple months ago, with lab technicians and Joanna spawned at that exact area too. Also spawned with a Falcon 2. Weird! Had a video of it. No idea where it went Sad

What a coincidence!
I played "Area 51: Secret Agent" and enjoyed! Thank you.

Wreck wrote:
I'll definitely go over your briefing as soon as I'm back at home, which should be in the next day or two. You've already got a really great start on it, so it's just a matter of adding some more details and altering it so it sounds like better English.

Thank you!
I'm looking forward to it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Background -
During the raid on the Institute, a prototype weapon Foster was working on was stolen. It's believed that it was later sold to dataDyne by a Skedar fanatic, shortly after the fall of the Skedar home world.

Carrington -
One of our operatives posing as a graduate student looking for an internship with dataDyne was able to confirm to us that Foster's prototype submachine gun is indeed being studied at dataDyne's research and development facility. I can't stress to you enough just how vital it is that this technology be recovered. If dataDyne is able to replicate this weapon and put it on the arms market, there's no telling what affect it will have on the ever-growing terrorism rate.

Objective One: - Destroy Automatic Guns
Our undercover operative also informed us that there are five automated defense turrets setup around the lab area. You won't be able to get very far while they're still operational. Find them, and disable them... before they do the same to you.

Objective Two: - Retrieve Experimental Weapon
You're already familiar with Foster's most recent experiment; a submachine gun with a built-in cloaking device called the "RC-P120". It turns out that when you were captured, one of the Skedar fanatics managed to get his hands on it. Now that dataDyne has it in their possession, it's only a matter of time before they start mass-producing their own version. We can't allow that to happen, Agent Dark.

Objective Three: - Obtain Bathroom Key Card
In order to leave the facility, you'll need to gain access to the upstairs bathroom. There is likely to be a key card somewhere in the building. Odds are that it will be guarded well, so use caution when investigating previously unexplored rooms.

Objective Four: - Exit Facility
You'll be able to make your escape from the facility through the ventilation ducts. There should be a way to access them from inside the bathroom area. You may need a boost to reach the overhead duct, however. Try standing ontop of a toilet, if it's all you have at your disposal. Please just watch your footing, Joanna. I'd hate for you to soil your shoes.

END

==============================================

One minor suggestion, if it isn't already (I forget), it seems as though the main priority is to retrieve the RC-P120. So, it should be an Agent difficulty objective. If there are only 4, you could include an additional objective. The max is 5, so you might as well make them all. Even if it is just killing all the guards inside the building, so no one who has worked on the RC-P120 will be able to give their findings to dataDyne.

You could also add some more objects around the map. Things like plants in the office areas, or crates in empty feeling locations. Something to fill out the level a little more, but not too much.

Jonaeru
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreck! Very Happy

Wreck wrote:
One minor suggestion, if it isn't already (I forget), it seems as though the main priority is to retrieve the RC-P120. So, it should be an Agent difficulty objective. If there are only 4, you could include an additional objective. The max is 5, so you might as well make them all. Even if it is just killing all the guards inside the building, so no one who has worked on the RC-P120 will be able to give their findings to dataDyne.

I thought so too, so I added Objective Two on Agent difficulty.
I also added droneguns on Special Agent difficulty, however you don't need to destroy.
The number of objectives does not change.

Wreck wrote:
You could also add some more objects around the map. Things like plants in the office areas, or crates in empty feeling locations. Something to fill out the level a little more, but not too much.

OK, I will add objects!

Jonaeru
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag,

I uploaded the new zip file. (Improved version of "Felicity - Escape".)
Please replace the zip file and the jpg file. There are a readme text in that.
URL

Modification:
(1) changed level name for "dataDyne Facility - Stealth".
(2) fixed monitor of console.
(3) added the briefing. (I am grateful for Wreck.)
(4) added enemies. They appear with double SuperDragon when alarm activated.
(5) added worp effects in reference to "PD Action Blocks - Warp Block". (http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=207)
(6) added some standard objects.
(7) added Objective Two (Retrieve Experimental Weapon) on Agent difficulty
(8) added droneguns on Special Agent difficulty.
etc...

Last edited by Jonaeru on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One issue I noticed when I first played the mission, is the door you need to use a console to unlock (which is at the opposite end of the hallway you start in), can be opened by a guard. When I played it, I went through the door while it was open, without actually using the console. When it shut behind me, I couldn't get back into the hallway. This meant I had to abort the mission and restart.

My suggestion would be to make that door use one of the "one way lock" bitflags. That way, it will be locked from inside the hallway, but not locked from the other side. So if a player does go through the door when it's opened by a guard, they can still get out once it closes.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I updated the zip/pics/readme.

Jonaeru
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you.

Wreck wrote:
One issue I noticed when I first played the mission, is the door you need to use a console to unlock (which is at the opposite end of the hallway you start in), can be opened by a guard. When I played it, I went through the door while it was open, without actually using the console. When it shut behind me, I couldn't get back into the hallway. This meant I had to abort the mission and restart.

My suggestion would be to make that door use one of the "one way lock" bitflags. That way, it will be locked from inside the hallway, but not locked from the other side. So if a player does go through the door when it's opened by a guard, they can still get out once it closes.

This ploblem was resolved. Very Happy
I used "one way lock".

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed that you didn't have a mission select photo, so I thought I'd try making one for you. Here it is in the menu...

And here is the bmp file itself...

http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/pd/images/dD_facility_photo.bmp

All you need to do is open your ROM in the PD Image Tools menu, scroll down to the textures for the level photos (617 is for dD Investigation), right-click on the image, and choose "Replace Image with Color Image (0x40 type)". Then select the bmp file from where you saved it onto your computer. After a few moments, the new image will appear. Simply save your new ROM with the "Write New ROM with Changes" button. That is, of course, if you decide to use the picture.

Jonaeru
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, excellent!
I replaced the level photo. Thank you.

I uploaded the new zip file. Please replace it.
URL

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=271
Image of "Screen Shot" is unchanged. Very Happy

Jonaeru
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I post the new video. Very Happy
Difficulty is Perfect Agent.
http://youtu.be/00x91TfCD9k

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome ending!

Jonaeru
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I posted the new video.

N64 Perfect Dark - dataDyne Facility - PA (NEW level) (Console)
http://youtu.be/24cFf-zcU9A

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How in the world did I NOT notice this thread ever before?
The video is good, I'll try out your level first thing tomorrow. : D

Jonaeru
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I updated "dataDyne Facility - Stealth".
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=271

Thanks SubDrag for updating PD Editor and uploading zip file.
Thanks Wreck for rewriting briefing for the mission.

Modification:
1. Modified action blocks
2. Added guards
3. Modified action of guards
4. Set up to play co-operative
5. Set up to play counter-operative
6. Added Objective Four(Reactivate Teleportal)

Please play co-operative and use Psychosis Gun(Cheat), this is fun! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: