ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Anyone here play emulators on your TV?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the 4th survivor
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Anyone here play emulators on your TV? Reply with quote Back to top

So I'm planning on getting a laptop soon like in the next week or two and one thing I wanna do with it is hook it up to my wide screen and play games on it Smile Anyone here try this? What kind of video cord do you use? And do the old games look good on an HD TV?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interlacing and upscaling are issues. However, that mostly applies to original consoles, not piped emulator video. You should be able to play around with the emulator's video settings to correct any bizare output (except possibly interlacing).

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm actually always playing emulator games on my tv screen, that makes me more think of the real experience Smile

Last edited by SilverEye on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Grab the latest Glide64 and while it's running GoldenEye, open it's setting and change its aspect ratio to force 16:9, then run GE in 16:9. That'll get you real widescreen, and it's about all I can really suggest, the rest has to do with your TV. Obviously you want to run fullscreen in your TV's native resolution (1920x1080 for 1080p, 1280x720 for 720p/1080i).

Emulator on a TV looks nothing like the console, though. (It looks better, except for all the things that are still poorly supported in plugins.)

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My laptop has got hdmi out so i just plug that into my tv and run my emulator at full screen and it works great ive never had any problems.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ha ha I've done this with the Jabo plugin. Its pretty great. It runs amazing in 1080P and the games look outstanding with the plugin. So if you do this and your laptop can't handle Glide64. Try out Jabo.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It really shouldn't look any different than on an LCD monitor assuming you hook it up via your VGA or HDMI cable.

That said I've never used an emulator on an HD tv - I have used them though on old tube tv's via my video card's s-video output.

the 4th survivor
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got me a Gateway computer for a pretty good price. It should have been $430 but since it was a return it only ran me $310. Not bad. Anyway I tried Perfect Dark for the first time on an emulator thru my tv and I gotta say it looks amazing. Can't even believe how good it looks. If you haven't tried it yet you really should.

So what n64 emulator do you guys usually play online with? I'm using project 64 1.6

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mupen64++ , officially from http://www.goldeneyeonline.com/

That lone .ini is merely a backup, just extract folder

http://www.goldeneyeonline.com/downloads/Mupen64%2B%2B_Beta_0.1.3.12.zip

Utilies>KailleraClient>Master Servers List should get you going. Add to local list button is to favorite server

the 4th survivor
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing you gotta have the exact same settings with the other person or else it desyncs because it did that on me twice today on kaillera. The 2nd time it gave me an "error uncompressing savedata" message.

Anyone wanna play? Just add subsmoke on aim.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I been running AIM for two days now.. where ya @

oyeoyemeng

notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I upgraded to a 32 inch tv and I'm using it as my monitor and it's great for the most part, but now when I go to record it causes my games to lag. I never had this problem with my old monitor.

does anyone have suggestions?

the 4th survivor wrote:
I'm guessing you gotta have the exact same settings with the other person or else it desyncs because it did that on me twice today on kaillera. The 2nd time it gave me an "error uncompressing savedata" message.

Anyone wanna play? Just add subsmoke on aim.

almost everyone that plays communicates through skype.

the 4th survivor
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Totally forgot about this lol. Can't believe I posted this almost a year ago. I'm still interested in playing online if anyone's up for it.

Maxout

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried it on T.V. but my eyes still have to get use to it. Thankfully technology is better at speaking the same language besides other things that dont'.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: