ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GEX 5B Official Patch Released! @ 03-01-13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did anybody ever suggest putting 'M' and 'Q' in VR? Would be cool to have Judy Dench and Desmond Llewelyn walking around with guns Razz

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TH126 wrote:
Did anybody ever suggest putting 'M' and 'Q' in VR? Would be cool to have Judy Dench and Desmond Llewelyn walking around with guns Razz

They are in The World is Not Enough (though you need a Gameshark code to play as Q, since he died whilst the game was being made, they took the decision of disabling his character from the game), so perhaps someone could extract the models and put them into Goldeneye X?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck & co., had you found any issues with v5b that you want to fix? I've not found any problems (though I've not spent nearly as much time as I want on it, since I was away from home for much of last week) and I was wondering if you were still planning on doing a v5c to finish off the multiplayer side of things, or if you are instead going to start work on v6, the single player game.

I'm *really* keen to see the single player levels in Goldeneye!

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would need a patch before starting V5C missions, even though this latest patch has very few corrections. Laser weapons and grenade launchers Moonreaker should be a priority to give them their actual speed shooting. classic weapon slot to bond in just think it's time to decide what to stay (apart from correcting the gun Psychosys several slots).

I see no bad idea to incorporate the character Q in the game, can replace Daniel Carringtong, also extract textures with head and add it to an existing body in GEX think it would be enough.

ring sounds of elevators can be replaced with GE.

sorry but maybe variations of sounds and music that I found (especially in some weapons) may be the result of having recorded the sounds in "monoaural"? Facility can compare the song as heard in GE and then GEX.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Having M, Q and even Moneypenny would make sense since the idea is to replace the Carrington Institute with the MI6 Headquarters.

Not easy at all. Perhaps we can get the textures for M and Moneypenny from one of the PS2 games and edit them to fit the PD engine. I don't know if Q makes an appareance in any of those games (I don't know about Moneypenny either but it seems likely, hehe).
Making good textures for the bodies would be even harder.

I can see Q and Moneypenny reusing PD's bodies and heads, but M's build isn't there. Heh, perhaps use Carrington's body.

I don't know if there are any spots left for more characters. If we have the three of them and need to replace some of the bonus characters, then perhaps Elton should be the one remaining.

Those are my thoughts about this topic.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Moneypenney M and Q body and head models sounds like a good idea to replace those from the ones in the Carrington Institute.

I just noticed that most of the door types and tanks in Facility don't have that metallic sound effect you hear when you shoot at them in GE007.

Also this is minor but I noticed that in the VR's loaded preset setting "Bot Buffet" the first two sims are named Meatsim1 and Meatsim2 instead of Weaksim1 and weaksim2.

The black pits in Complex are supposed to have water sound effects when shot down at.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would also be wrong to replace the "Institute Carringtong" with any other level (eg MI6 Game "TWINE"), or the new MI6 may be a level of their own creation. once this is done can be investigated if the workouts can be modified. in the armory know that not all stars can be achieved, this happens with weapons like the RC-P90 that is occupying the slot of the PC gun, and as you know the RC-P90 weapon can not be released as a drone gun.

anyway if the level were to be replaced, perhaps workouts can be moved from one room to another, and perhaps create training within a new level may serve to forget for a moment that we are playing a mod within a PD rom .

this can also help you locate players can not even touch computers that make the game crash.

cosmicdancer77
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, this is such a great work in progress. I'm liking everything currently available and looking forward to future expansions of your work. It is hard to believe I've been following this for just about three years now. Isn't the third anniversary since the first release coming up soon?

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok just the new patch the other day loved it i like the fact of being able to play as the original bond sean connery in single player still looking forward to the original single player missions to take hold

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

5B patch has corrections expected by many players and fans of the mod, some of them have surprised me, such explosions now seem more to GE and the trail of smoke lingers longer as GE.

correction talking about weapons:

there has been a breakthrough, however it seems that no one has mentioned that the gun DD44-Dostovei lacks precision in shots compared to GE.

speeds weapons RC-P90 and AR-33 now seem much more to GE. anyway some weapons like KF7-Soviet and-ZMG (9mm) seem to follow in GEX faster downloading, while GE is slower. Is there any chance to fix this?

transparency in the flashes of the guns I liked and helps you feel more like GE. the DK5-Deutsche is still bright flash with a bright yellow. Can you apply a lot more transparency in this particular flash?

finally if we shoot some bullet holes walls always have a fixed position and all seem to point in the same direction and no matter what angle has exploded, provided all are oriented in the same direction and this does not happen in GE. not sure if this is a problem PD engine and would not be bad if you can fix for patch 5C.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do wonder how authentic things should be here (to the original game) vs tweaks and modifications to the weapon behaviour. Games like Quake and Unreal Tournament have a "balanced" weapon approach where damage*firerate/accuracy is all about the same. This really opened things up for preferences in weapon style and better weapons for particular situations.

Really what I'm suggesting is: would balancing tweaks improve the experience?

goldeneyegod
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I was just wondering since the new patch has been out a little while now, is there any info on the next patch or early info, pics etc.

It seems the multiplayer is pritty much finished (maybe a few tweeks needed) I can't wait to see some of goldeneye's single player levels and playing them in co op or even counter op. This will be amazing.

Sorry if I'm a little impatient I just love this modd so much and me and my friends are always anticipating the next release.

So any idea of a time frame on the next release?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I'm curious as to what is planned for the next release; will it be a final re-tune, with the next release after tha being the first that introduces the single player mode, or will this next release be the one that has the first part(s) of the single player level in it?

Also, are you limiting the ROM size to 32MB? I'd imagine it would make more sense to enlarge it to 64MB, so as to give you lots more storage space for the levels/speech/music/etc. After all, Rare had those limits imposed on them by cost (it would have cost them more money to publish Perfect Dark on a 64MB cartridge then the 32MB cartridge they used), and since now all Goldeneye X players are using either an emulator or a backup device (most of which, I imagine, support 64MB images, I know the Everdrive 64 does) then we can all use a 64MB ROM file as easily as we can a 32MB ROM file.

32MB for everything that Perfect Dark included... It's *amazing* how they managed to cram so much into so small a space.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It will be interesting to see what they got in store for single player mode. They have the level frames from Goldeneye but the levels themselves are still from Perfect Dark. Does that mean they are going to replace the Perfect Dark solo levels with the ones from Goldeneye?

speedruntrainer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^I have the same question!
I hope that there will be Goldeneye 007 Missions with the correct objectives ofcourse!
There are already texts and logos from the Goldeneye 007 levels at the Solo Mission screen.

And also, if you load Frigate, you don't get Area 51 but really Frigate!
It loads up without cutscene and music. If you pause and unpause the game, the Frigate music starts to play.
There is nothing in the level yet and you can walk through walls for some reason.

Is that Frigate level for testing purposes?
I love to see all the Goldeneye 007 Missions in it!

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/speedruntrainer

My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/speedruntrainer/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/speedruntrainer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: