ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GEX 5B Official Patch Released! @ 03-01-13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Thanks to some investigation into the weapon function block by Sub, the Moonraker recoil has been abolished. Same thing goes for the Watch Laser, which is accessible in the mission campaign with the All Guns cheat. I also made a listing of all the weapon function blocks, which allowed me to tweak other little weapon details for the Golden Gun, Grenade Launcher and Rocket Launcher. There wasn't anything major, but recoil on both launchers was adjusted, and accuracy on all three corrected (though on the Golden Gun you shouldn't notice a difference).
Shocked WOW...this is all really GREAT news to hear!!
Not to be nitpicking here but can you check on the spinning cylinder animation of the Grenade Launcher, if possible? For some reason to me there is a little difference in how the spinning looks when out of ammo compared to the original GL spinning cylinder animation when out of ammo. It is something that has been bugging me since you placed it in 5b.

Wreck wrote:
Yes, I tested to make sure all the songs would play and be selected in the randomizing options. Both the Dam (first in list) and the End Credits (last in last) could be chosen and heard in matches.
Sounds good.

Wreck wrote:
I did in fact update the "MeatSim" to "WeakSim" in Bot Buffet. Though meat did kind of fit in, since it is a buffet! Razz
Aww man, if I would've known THAT I wouldn't bother mentioning for them to be renamed in the first place. Embarassed

Wreck wrote:
The staircases have not been tested with bumpers, but I am pretty confident we'd end up with either a similar result, or a total block of Sim access to the steps. Vertical wall clipping directly beneath a path they take screws them up. During the course of the project, I've had to alter the clipping in areas of a couple levels where this occured. Library/Stack, Complex and Bunker to name a few. Simulants aren't nearly as smart as the mission AI. They get stuck on swinging doors, have issues with clipping, and are always charging forward.
I guess it wouldn't hurt to test them with the staircases I mentioned at least?

How about the player rankings like rank #14 Star Agent - "Secret Agent", rank #13 Special Agent - "00 Agent", and rank #1 Perfect - "007"?

Also did you get to tweak the "time between shots" for the Moonraker Laser's firing rate to match up to the original?

Last edited by AstroBomber on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are we talking any kind of vertical or one meeting the bottom of the stairs? It could be a matter of height screwing up the detection.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you check any of the stair or ramp clipping visually in PD's mission levels, you'll see that Rare made a series of L-shaped bumpers (picture it as a reverse staircase) behind them. They don't touch the ramp clipping itself, so there's a few units separating it. Simulants get confused when trying to cross over this clipping. Playing solo in multi packages, like the one by 00dark, will show you this behaviour in places like the ramp leading up to the top floor of Air Force One. If it happens in Rare-made levels, than I doubt I can get it to work any better. Even they didn't stop players from walking through the backs of all ramps. The top of Lucerne Tower (dD HQ) is a good example.

The GL spinning animation? Well, it uses the same one as the Cougar Magnum, just like it did in the original game. If it's only when it has run out of ammo and you keep the trigger held, than that might be something with PD itself. Using a different speed for how often you "fire" again, or pull the trigger with handguns. Don't really think there's anything I could do about that.

I haven't touched the ranking names, yet. I'd probably like to go over the whole list and make more adjustments than to only a select few. I know this came up before in another thread, as well. My feelings would be that "00 Agent" should be the top rank, as "007" is Bond's personal code number. A player with the username "d0gf4c3" shouldn't become 007, right? Razz

The time between shots with the Moonraker Laser was quite close, but only a touch slower. This may not be a bad thing, as Sims already fire the thing pretty fast. You literally have to fire like a mad man to match them. If that value increases their speed further, though it may just change the "held" fire rate, they could be even more deadly. I will check it out, however.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well then seems like nothing can be done for the staircases. That's fine.

Yes, the GL spinning animation when you hold it down when you're out of ammo. I was thinking maybe you can adjust the motion speed of it or something. It just seems off from the Original.

The player rankings names seem to be really nice already but if you can make some changes for them I guess you're right might not be such a bad idea.

Regarding the Moonraker Laser "time between shots" issue at least check it out and see how it turns out.

Hey Wreck, I was playing GE:X with the all weapons in solo cheat and had the remote mine on and noticed something. When one of the guards attacked me the detonator hand disappeared and i was left with holding the remote mine only. Now I was wondering would it be possible to replace the detonator hand rig from the remote mine and put the watch laser arm rig in for the secondary function to detonate it and give the watch laser arm rig the detonator recoil? Like just leave the remote mine arm only for the primary function and then for the secondary function use the watch arm laser rig for the detonator and give it the detonator recoil?

Primary Function - Remote mine - http://imgur.com/0JZ4dX6
Secondary Function - Detonate - http://imgur.com/NNpauhw

Or if this method doesn't work, just let the watch arm rig stay on the primary function with the remote mine but when you change to secondary remove the remote mine arm rig and keep the watch laser arm rig only.
However, you can look into the Remote Mine inventory stuff after you are done with everything else here.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

firstly hello to everyone after so long:

I'm glad the great care you are getting the "Moonreaker". Are they saying that this can only be achieved imitate a similar rate to that of GE, repeatedly shooting the gun? this is what happened when came the "Cougar Magnum" for GEX, you had to shoot quickly to achieve a similar rate to that of GE, but if you left holding the fire button the more serious slow read speed.

regarding "remote mine detonator" AstroBomber agree with, I would like the trigger function has an arm and animation itself. on the other hand I think the animation of "remote mine detonator" I would be right for the PD Taser.

finally wanted to ask if it is possible to replace the green box next to the ammo of any weapon of PD bullets icons used in GE? or maybe also a good idea to put icons just above these pictures.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome Back Comrade! Very Happy

It's not the same in these boards without you. I was beginning to think we were going to hear from you until sometime after this patch been released. I missed you man. *Begins Welcome Back chant.*

Last edited by AstroBomber on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure, but I think the empty clip firing animation may use a different speed than the actual firing rate set on the weapon itself. I guess you could compare it to something else, like a PP7 or Klobb, to see if they're the same or not.

That's weird to hear that the detonator vanished during a mission. I don't think I can swap the detonator hand for the watch arm, or at least it won't be an easy task. And you definitely won't be able to put away your mine and try to trigger the watch button with your other hand. The only weapon in PD that "changed" when you switched to another function was the SuperDragon, and even that was still the same model. I could possibly remove the detonator hand completely, leaving just the remote mine. That's more like the original game, since you could still quick detonate with A+B without having to equip the watch. There won't be any kind of visual detonation device, however. Not like that's a terrible loss.

The on-screen HUD information (ammunition, health, armour, etc.) - if possible to make look like GoldenEye's display - won't be done until near the end of the project. I don't hold too much hope for this, myself, but I won't rule it out entirely.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It probably does use it's own speed than the actual firing rate speed of the GL itself. It's alright if nothing can be done about it at this point. Just a little kink that I notice that's all. Nothing big. Just thought you'd be able to adjust it now is all.

I can't remember exactly how it happened as it happened really fast. I had it equipped saw a guard and he had attacked me and all of a sudden the detonator arm was gone. I was also playing a pj64 emulator that was running 60fps for me so it happened all too fast. It didn't turn back up until I switched to another weapon and then back to the remote mine. SATURN_81's suggestion with the taser doesn't sound bad but I like the idea of the watch arm being used instead even if there's no finger to press the button. The idea would be just a certain jerk of the arm and it triggers off the mine. Or another method would be just replace the detonator hand for the watch arm and leave the watch arm showing along with the remote mine arm. If all else fails we could leave it be but would be nice to test out how it would be with these methods for this release.

Also how has the Moonraker Laser firing rate come along?

Wreck, regarding the cougar magnum you said something a while back of finding a new value for the firing rate when rapidly pressed that is close to the original. Can you test out that new value for the repeating pressed fire button and see how it works out? If it's slightly slower than the current rate but still catches up with the simulants that firing rate should be used.

One more thing, in regards to the GL's firing rates. You said that the cougar magnum and GL's firing rates are the same. Well once you try out this new value for the magnum, can't you just incorporate the same firing rates the magnum is using and put them on the GL as well?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I'm concerned now, the firing rates for both the Cougar and GL should be good. They match the original game in a side-by-side comparison, when either holding the trigger or pressing it repeatedly. The Sims do fire it a touch faster, but their reload time is slower than that of a human to compensate. I did increase the held rate of the Moonraker Laser, but have not had a chance to compare on console to the original. That should be the last thing I need to check out before the weapons are all taken care of (aside from the missing Taser). Even PD had certain guns that Simulants fired off more quickly than human players, but they didn't bother to slow down their reload time. Consider this an improvement. Razz

Our official video creator, TH126, has been working on a trailer for patch 5c. It should be up fairly soon, but will be delayed slightly due to another level for VR mode being finished up. That will make two extra multiplayer maps not available in 5b. I won't say what they are, but they are both areas from GoldenEye missions. One even has a fun twist that no other stage currently possesses. Keep an eye out, as I'll be posting a link to the trailer when it's good to go.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Our official video creator, TH126, has been working on a trailer for patch 5c. It should be up fairly soon, but will be delayed slightly due to another level for VR mode being finished up. That will make two extra multiplayer maps not available in 5b. I won't say what they are, but they are both areas from GoldenEye missions. One even has a fun twist that no other stage currently possesses. Keep an eye out, as I'll be posting a link to the trailer when it's good to go.

Yes!!! A new version for us to play will be brilliant, and it will be especially great to have two new multilplayer levels!!!

I take it there won't be any of Goldeneye's single player missions in GEX yet? Are you still planning to call the first version with a GE single player mission v0.6? And (provided no serious bugs are found in v0.5c) have you completed GEX's multiplayer part?

Really looking forward to playing this!

Thanks for the updates on your progress, by the way. It's always great to see how the work is going.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While there are no actual "mission" levels, you will be able to run around in nearly all the empty environments. Some even have special stuff setup to show off the new effects and capabilities that the PD engine has to offer. That includes weather, lighting, and a little something in Archives.

I'd like to say that VR is complete, but we'll probably continue to tweak things here and there, even as the mission campaign is being dealt with. Whether that's clipping, path networks, assignments, or characters. There's always edits or extras to be worked in.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just so ecstatic with the latest update report it's hard for me to type anything coherently. I'm very happy with the results of the Cougar and GL's firing rates. Now the cougar will make this mod feel even more like the original game to me. Comparing the Cougar's speed in 1964 from GE to GE:X can really see the difference. Glad to hear the Grenade Launcher's rate was corrected to the original as well. Hopefully you can get the Moonraker's held trigger rate to match to the original.

It's always exciting to hear that two new VR levels are being including on a new release. This "fun twist" thing has me anxious. Can't wait. The trailer couldn't come any sooner. Very Happy

Multiplayer seems to be all complete with the exception of the few nuances Wreck just mentioned and the lack of The Man With the Golden Gun scenario. Then again, that's just my opinion. Wink

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really want to try this new patch. sincerely developments are incredible. I was surprised the day I saw you talking hats will work in a similar way as it does in GE (not if we see this development in this patch, especially if the mission levels will be empty and will serve only to pamper walk), however these are the things me most excited about this mod, breaking a myth such as whether hats are possible in GEX, hope they keep breaking more myths and can be operated more things GE engine PD.

finally I do not know if you have time to do this Wreck. Can include temporary enemies in the levels of the mission?. with this I am not asking for any mission or configuration of objects in the level, just is not that the levels are so empty and can do more than walk in them.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
While there are no actual "mission" levels, you will be able to run around in nearly all the empty environments. Some even have special stuff setup to show off the new effects and capabilities that the PD engine has to offer. That includes weather, lighting, and a little something in Archives.

Brilliant! It will be fantastic being able to walk around the GE environment and look at the scenery and imagine how it will feel when the levels are populated with the NPCs and the mission objectives are in place.

Quote:

I'd like to say that VR is complete, but we'll probably continue to tweak things here and there, even as the mission campaign is being dealt with. Whether that's clipping, path networks, assignments, or characters. There's always edits or extras to be worked in.

Understood. This release can't come fast enough!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, so the Moonraker Laser held firing rate now matches. I had to speed it up a bit. I think it may have been by the same amount of time as the other pistols (DD44 and PP7 varients). This brings all ported weapons up to speed with the original game. If there are any that may be ever so slightly off, it's literally by a hair. That's me being incredibly picky, playing both games on console at the same time on two stacked televisions. Between muzzle flash, gun smoke, special animations, and even engine differences, this is as close as I think they're ever gonna get.

By the way, I wouldn't trust comparing firing rates via emulation. I did that before, and the results weren't very reliable. Console is really the only way to go for that kind of thing. Too many things factor into an emulator's performance.

While it might be fun to have simple setups in the empty mission levels, it means I'd have to port (and possibly adjust) the AI path network for guards to function properly. It's more work than it is worth, sadly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: