ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GEX 5B Official Patch Released! @ 03-01-13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Currently, I have no planned time for the next release. I've not even touched the game (or any game) since the most recent patch. As they say, life gets in the way. Haven't had much free time to really get back to this stuff.

Frigate is just a fun bonus for people to check out. I only quickly did the floor clipping, so all walls can be walked through. There are clouds, water and even the sun in the stage.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Currently, I have no planned time for the next release. I've not even touched the game (or any game) since the most recent patch. As they say, life gets in the way. Haven't had much free time to really get back to this stuff.

Fair enough, mate, enjoy your rest, and I hope it's nothing bad that's taking up your time. Me, I'd have a lot more free time if I didn't have to commute to work (or didn't have to work at all!), as it's just wasted time Sad

Quote:

Frigate is just a fun bonus for people to check out. I only quickly did the floor clipping, so all walls can be walked through. There are clouds, water and even the sun in the stage.

It seems like a nice Easter Egg!

BTW, I'm sure I've asked this before, but when GEX is finshed (or even before), will you consider releasing all of the information you have about GE and PD's engine and data structures, please? The information should be made available to anyone who wants it, I think, and would be of enormous help to people like MJarcos in his Perfect Dark remake (http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=6020) and to anyone in the future who wants to alter/mod or just understand the workings of the games.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me and a couple of mates spent a few hours last night playing Goldeneye X (we covered most of the maps, including Facility (which everyone in the world but me thinks is one of the best) but I think Caves, Cavern, Train, and Laberynth were the only ones we didn't try). It was the first time in *ages* that I've played splitscreen multiplayer with anyone, and it was brilliant! We weren't supposed to be gaming, it was a film night (a couple of nights a month me and some mates get together and watch a few DVDs and have a few beers, though I at least tend to have more soft drinks, as I'm not a big fan of alcohol), but yesterday was at my house, and there was only three of us, and I'd mentioned Goldeneye X before and since the two who were there were both ex-fans of Goldeneye (who I'd played lots of GE multiplayer with in the past, but both had lost interest in older games) they decided to have a quick look at this great new Goldeneye mod I'd been banging on about, and they loved it!

It was like back in the old days, when GE was new(ish), and I'm hoping it will lead back to a GE resurrection amongst my mates, when five or six of us would alternate in ten minute rounds (if six people were present, then the top two scorers at the end of a deathmatch game stayed on, and the two who lost were out of the game and replaced by the two who had been waiting, etc), as (a) multiplayer now for me and my mates (the ones who still play video games) is almost entirely online, and (b) I still think that GE/PD are more fun than any other (old or new) multuplayer game.

You just don't get the kind of excitement and hilarity online that you when you're playing against people in the same room as you.

Anyway, thanks again for Goldeneye X and for all of your hard work and effort. You might not have a huge user base, but those of us who do follow your work are very appreciative of GEX (and it really makes up for the disappointment of recent games, such as Dead Space 3 (too over simplified, and reduced to a third person shooter, without having it's non-shooter idiosyncrasies modified for the new gameplay, Bioshock Infinite (which is actually very good, but should have been truly great), and Alien vs Predator, which is mediocre at best)).

Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where in the game is the "Experience of Love" song? I haven't yet been able to hear it...

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I assume it's in the ending credits (at the end of solo mode). The film had the song in the ending credits.

Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But the solo is still perfect dark and the textures are all jacked up?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nyx wrote:

Solo hasn't been implemented yet (and probably won't be completed for a long time) though work has been started I'm pretty sure.

The textures are jacked up, because of the multiplayer maps and character textures that needed to replace the PD ones as extending/expanding the amount of images in the ROM for PD is incredibly buggy.

Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:
Nyx wrote:

Solo hasn't been implemented yet (and probably won't be completed for a long time) though work has been started I'm pretty sure.

The textures are jacked up, because of the multiplayer maps and character textures that needed to replace the PD ones as extending/expanding the amount of images in the ROM for PD is incredibly buggy.

I figured that was the reason. But where can we find the song?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'll have to make your way to the Skedar King at the end of the Skedar Ruins - Battle Shrine mission. You won't be able to complete the actual mission (because of how SubDrag modified shields to work more like armour, which allows you to kill the King instead of just stopping him for a brief time period), but you will be treated to "The Experience of Love" after encountering the final boss.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"The Experience of Love" ? You mean the song ? Very catchy

Could I unlock all cutscenes by any chance ?

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

true that song is very catchy and fantastic, has or appears to have a Japanese style or Samurai or perhaps an oriental style.
  I really like the weapons that were in "futristic weapons for Solo Missions" for me has been very successful having PD functions in aliens or futuristic weapons of PD, such as Tri-9 is the second function of magsec4, k7-Agressor the search function traps, and Optech-20 is a rifle Farsight love. I would like to continue with these weapons in future patches.
I want to ask the gun Hallucinogun repeated in six slots later? you can do something for you in future patches will not repeat a gun in several slots? so in this way it may be possible to extend the list with a few more different weapons. I thought such can put these weapons did PD preserving large functions PD:

DY357-LX one gold - explosive shells function
DY357 Magnum-if you want but in this case not to give function.
PD shootgun the second function of PD and also explosive shells and spread function, I mean all this in a single function as was done with a GS code.

well actually this is a way I think to recover some
the second function of the Gun Phoenix and also thought a no aliens or futuristic models and match the time of Ge and that is present in GEX.

Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Man with the Golden Gun Reply with quote Back to top

Will we soon see a "Man with the Golden Gun" gamemode for GE:x?

goldeneyegod
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick post, I noticed that there has been a bit of inactivity in regards to this hack and I know people have lives and other responsibilities outside of coding this project.

But I was wondering if there are any plans to continue with it any further or in the near future as it seems the multilayer is all but done and there was a lot of talk about implementing the single player into Goldeneye X.

I can only imagine the kind of work this will take but just curious if this is being implemented at the moment or not. Would love to play some Goldeneye single player using all the perfect dark's bells and whistles that come with the advanced engine PD has over GE's. Fingers crossed.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck hasn't announced ending this thing. I'm with you on more too bro. If he does stop I hope someone else on here can continue the legacy. I think it's come too far to be finished. Cool

Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
You'll have to make your way to the Skedar King at the end of the Skedar Ruins - Battle Shrine mission. You won't be able to complete the actual mission (because of how SubDrag modified shields to work more like armour, which allows you to kill the King instead of just stopping him for a brief time period), but you will be treated to "The Experience of Love" after encountering the final boss.

I can't cross the chasm. The ladder going up to the other side is blocked by some rockets / missles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: