ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GEX 5B Official Patch Released! @ 03-01-13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I would just like to say, that I play this mod on my phone whenever I am bored and waiting somewhere, and I also play it at home every week with my girlfriend. Because of this mod, you guys got my Non-video-game playing girlfriend to play video games with me. Her favorite thing to play is King of the Hill in the Temple with Automatics. And we just sit on the couch and load up a map with bots and just team up for king of the hill and try and hold it down for 40 seconds without getting blasted by Hard bots. Sometimes we only end up winning by 1 king of the hill point. She loves this mod and it's all because you guys worked your asses off on it. Otherwise she wouldn't be into Goldeneye because she would just have to one on one with me and there's no goal or team work.

So thank you for making this mod and know that there are those out there that play it often and look forward to each and every new release.

Can't wait for a Man with the Golden Gun mode! Please make that mode asap, my girl and I want to play it with bots!

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tear that ass up mane Cool N remember phones ain't toys, our rigs and consoles is. Do ze great sire Alexander Graham Bell proud

Only "ladies"/girls I bear witness to are some f* assed casual gamers. A year older ? Then they ain't playin it

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Tear that ass up mane Cool N remember phones ain't toys, our rigs and consoles is. Do ze great sire Alexander Graham Bell proud

Only "ladies"/girls I bear witness to are some f* assed casual gamers. A year older ? Then they ain't playin it

Wow Mist... I lost a little translation in that one bro Wink but I'll add something else: I knew I had to show up in order for you to blow up! ;D

MALIBU'S MOST WANTED tm

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YEH !!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm certainly not calling this project off by any means. Just that after working on it for a few years, and now trying to dedicate time to "real life" work, it's hard to find the time or motivation to progress with it further.

Multiplayer is mostly complete. Anything from here on out would be minor adjustments, bonus characters, and possible level replacements or additions. This was our first priority, as multi is such a popular part of GoldenEye and Perfect Dark.

The mission campaign is a whole other beast, but has been focused on to a certain extent. 00action and SubDrag have both been contributing with clipping and setup files. Fixing some of the backgrounds to work in PD isn't an easy task, either. And though we can build upon GE and include new features and effects, there are some things we may not be able to replicate from the original. But, overall, I believe the good outweighs the bad.

Last thing I was working on were some bonus characters for multiplayer. They are mostly finished, with only minor tweaking necessary. However, they need heads made for them, and that is something I don't have much experience with. Reskinning a body is one thing, but modifying heads is another.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just tried to play 3 players with Goldeneye X. I was pressing Start but the 3rd player couldn't join in. Is GEX only limited to 2 players split screen?

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Via phone, console, PC..?

I have had plenty of 2+ player matches via netplay emulation. GEX should be up-to-par on everything except for the dumb phones' department

Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PC emulator, Project 64.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've used 4-Player mode many times to take screenshots for promos, so it must be something on your end. I'd say to either make sure that the third and fourth player "controllers" are activated. If that isn't making a difference, check to see that you're playing in Hi-Res mode. If the expansion pak isn't enabled, you won't be able to play with three or more people. That's about all I can think of.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I'm certainly not calling this project off by any means. Just that after working on it for a few years, and now trying to dedicate time to "real life" work, it's hard to find the time or motivation to progress with it further.

Fair enough. GE X is superb now, and for many people the multiplayer was mostly what they liked (and replayed) about GE.

Quote:

Multiplayer is mostly complete. Anything from here on out would be minor adjustments, bonus characters, and possible level replacements or additions. This was our first priority, as multi is such a popular part of GoldenEye and Perfect Dark.

Please don't remove any of the existing levels though (even Caves, which I detest, but someone might like it).

Quote:

The mission campaign is a whole other beast, but has been focused on to a certain extent. 00action and SubDrag have both been contributing with clipping and setup files. Fixing some of the backgrounds to work in PD isn't an easy task, either. And though we can build upon GE and include new features and effects, there are some things we may not be able to replicate from the original. But, overall, I believe the good outweighs the bad.

Even if it's much less than perfect, it will still be fascinating to play and explore. And any quirks introduced as a consequence of the difference between the GE and PD engines will hopefully just add to the character of the game (something that Rare excelled in, back in the N64 days).

It would be great, though, having more intelligent enemies in GE, having snow in the Surface levels, rain in Statue, no ****ing period of defenselessness when you press PAUSE and the wristwatch gradually comes up, etc.

By the way, if you want to do something non-GE, but still PD-ish, for a while, then please look at;

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=55871#55871

(can't blame me for trying!) Actually, please look anyway, and add any suggestions you might have to the list, especially ones that from your own intimate knowledge of the PD engine would or might be possible. Any suggestions I make might be impossible or wildly impractical, but you, Subdrag, Zoinkity, etc, will know what's possible and what's not. I really wish Rare would release the source code to their games, like id Software, and 3D Realms have, but as unlikely (near impossible...) as that was, it got even more unlikely when Microsoft bought them out Crying or Very sad

MAURO
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much. Just wondering... Why you named Daniel as "Hollis"?

Bond: Your last chance! Give me the name!!

Lachaise: You still threat me, even without your weapon??

Bond: *BANG!*

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MAURO wrote:
Thank you very much. Just wondering... Why you named Daniel as "Hollis"?

Martin Hollis was the lead on Goldeneye.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's been a long time since I've posted here and I'm curious to know what's going on with GoldenEye X lately? Are there any updates being worked? Are the solo missions being W.I.P this time around? Whats the news?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a little bit of info regarding our current progress...

Hats! Yes, hats are working! You'll need to give SubDrag a big hug for this awesome addition to the game. Apparently headgear was still setup in PD, but needed some extra care to complete. Every type exists, and reacts the way they should. Even the unique sizing and positioning data for each of the male generic heads has been imported. I did need to reorder a lot of the heads to use the same arrangement and ID's as the original game, and I'm not sure if this could potentially affect your saved VR character if you load it into a new patched ROM. Easy to update yourself if that does occur. You wouldn't think hats would play such an important role, but when you start looking at the guards in missions, you'll quickly realize how frequently they appear.

Missions. While some were being worked on prior to 5a/5b release, this has become another focus for us on the project. We're still learning more about how PD's actions and guard types function, but clipping and setups are coming together nicely. Levels such as Facility, Frigate and Train are well underway.

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Here's a little bit of info regarding our current progress...

Hats! Yes, hats are working! You'll need to give SubDrag a big hug for this awesome addition to the game. Apparently headgear was still setup in PD, but needed some extra care to complete. Every type exists, and reacts the way they should. Even the unique sizing and positioning data for each of the male generic heads has been imported. I did need to reorder a lot of the heads to use the same arrangement and ID's as the original game, and I'm not sure if this could potentially affect your saved VR character if you load it into a new patched ROM. Easy to update yourself if that does occur. You wouldn't think hats would play such an important role, but when you start looking at the guards in missions, you'll quickly realize how frequently they appear.

Missions. While some were being worked on prior to 5a/5b release, this has become another focus for us on the project. We're still learning more about how PD's actions and guard types function, but clipping and setups are coming together nicely. Levels such as Facility, Frigate and Train are well underway.

very nice keep up the good work guys! :}

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: