ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

A sort of passion for cars?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: A sort of passion for cars? Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if anyone started something like this before, but,
are there some car lovers around here, or is a car for you guys just a four weeled vehicle that transports you and keeps you dry? Or, do you guys don't know the difference between a porsche and a ferrari?
I (think I) know a lot about cars, and I love to watch the nicest ones in action, like Bond's famous Aston Martin DB5, Toyota 2000 GT , Lotus Esprit, ...
I don't know but nobody here ever seemed to talk about these and a lot of other jewels. So, is there anyone here who shares a sort of a passion for beautiful cars with me? tell me, I'd like to discuss, and it would be funny to know there a some hidden 'connoiseurs' here Very Happy

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Majority of the bond cars, are cars I love too. I think I'd haft to go with the DB5 for best bond car (who wouldn't?)

My most "desired" vehicle right now would be the Nissan GT-R, which seems like a beefy update to the Skyline. I died a little inside when I noticed a guy who lives near me owns the car, and it's always outside his garage.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The gt-r is the best thing nissan produced the past years. you're lucky to be able to see one in real life everyday, i personally am never jealous when i see someone with a nice car,cause you cant do a thing about it except for seeking a very well paid job Smile
one of my personal recent favorites is the audi r8. if i look back, porsche seems to appeal on me too, speaking of the older models and not those new 'things' called cayenne and panamera.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All clutch and stick or nothing

Screw wimpomatics

Love the japanese muscle Smile

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh since I'm not old enough to drive a car I don't know much about how pleasant it is to drive with automatic or manual (here in europe we have to wait 'till 18 before getting driving licence, I thought in US you could get a car from your 16th)
So I'm not going to discuss about that Smile
Nissan GT-R is, like said before, a great product of nissan, but I don't like it too much. It's too raw, too chemical, built for beating porsche 911, but they seemed to forget to make it beautiful. Same story with the Lexus LFA, great car, but no soul.
Look, this is some nice stuff too, a revived legend:

This car is what I call hot, you can't disagree with that Very Happy

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Que classico.. nice pic man

Yeh I hate R35s and Lexus.. because you don't drive it.. it drives you

Paddles = automatic lol

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's a Mercedes BenT .
It exists of two cars, actually, a 190 SL 1961 and a SL 600 2004.
They cut both cars into pieces, put the inside of the SL 600 in the 190 SL, but they had to stretch the body of the 190 SL cause it was too small. or something like that, it was a complicated customizing proces Very Happy
Anyway, this car now has more than 650 horsepower and a torque of 1016 Nm. I don't know the top speed, nor the acceleration from 0-100. (km, have no idea of miles Smile )
It's (at the moment my information source was written) the only in it's kind, but there are plans to build four more.
forgive me please if I translated some terms wrong Smile
Oh and the R8 is only my most recent favourite speaking of appearance.
nothing more Smile
cars like the BenT are Hot Very Happy too bad they don't make cars like that anymore Rolling Eyes

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love cars all the way.

Been building my Corvette for 7 years now.
She is getting in quite good condition. Still some work to do, mainly in interior. Also the targa roof is in bad condition, but you can see that only from inside, so others won't notice. Very Happy
Just ordered new Koni shocks, can't wait to get those installed, my old ones aren't bright red enough anymore.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A corvette, ah, the symbol of american power and charm Smile
Lucky guy you are Wink
personally, I don't like it's design too much, but that's an opinion. Still, it remains a great car, cause it's a supercar Very Happy

Here we have possibly one of the hottest(revived) cars ever, a Porsche Singer.

the letters on the back are so nice, some say it's real gold:

This car is probably my all-time favourite Very Happy

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now about something I hate in the carworld, to keep this discussion alive Smile
Things like the VW Taigun, the Ford ecosport, the Opel Mokka, etc
Little cars who seem to have eaten to much and became fat. They're just ugly. They have no use, they have no terrain capacities and are too big to be useful as 'little car'. But that's what the people wanted. They wanted a range rover, but had no money for that, and a fiesta was too low classed. Answer: ford ecosport. Ugliness at it's best. I think most of you will agree with that Smile
Sorry if you have a ford ecosport, a VW Taigun, or an Opel Mokka, I'm not insulting you, I'm talking about the car.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TVR Tuscan

Nuff' said.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, TVR tuscan.
The real car for men with
...a lot of hair on their chest
...and
toolboxes, cause I heard the tuscan 'fails' more than once Very Happy
Nice car, but not sure about the waved front.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow.. by any chance do you gents still rock classic NFS on PC ?

NFS4 and 5 are still alive online and run just wonderful on modern systems..

Maaaaan.. NFS used to mean business

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

aaah, I used to play NFS Porsche 2000 (or porsche unleashed in US). I remember that as a great game, but I rarely play other racing games, to be honest. Smile

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup that's what I meant as NFS5.. IPLounge dude.. many overseas play diehard NFS Porsche with it

There is a fix (CPU speed fix I think) on forum if your processor is 2GHz or higher.. this way the game runs in high poly instead of low

http://www.iplounge.net/

Back to the topic at hand.. lovely rare flat nose Porsche

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: