ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

"Official Release" Perfect Darkness
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: "Official Release" Perfect Darkness Reply with quote Back to top

This is an ALL IN ONE xdelta patch that will completely modify all combat simulator levels with all solo mission levels playable in multiplayer as well as unlock all levels and cheats without beating the game. It became EXCRUCIATINGLY painful copying and pasting gameshark codes so I decided to make this. 100% credit to 00Dark for hacking EVERY Solo-Multi level. I unlocked all cheats and levels and made several changes to the menu for a more PERFECT look Wink. There will be an update to this patch once I'm finished hacking out Deep Sea with working teleports in multi. Wink Enjoy Cool

DOWNLOAD: *UPDATED AND MOVED

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=6099

Last edited by MultiplayerX on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:15 am; edited 3 times in total

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How is this different from the pre-existing play-all-PD-single-player-levels-in-multi patch at;

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=240

please? Will your patch work with all levels (as the patch at Goldeneye Vault doesn't work with a couple of levels, but I can't check which they are, or try your patch yet, as I'm away from home until Monday), and will you be adding your own weapon and ammunition spawn points to the maps? Also, can you add weather to the outdoor sections of the maps, or is that not possible (I really hope it is, as I love rain in games, I always think it makes the levels 'feel' more alive, and all of my Timesplitters: Future Perfect custom made maps have rain in them). And I take it that the sims can use these levels (getting any of my friends to play on the N64 is almost impossible nowadays, sadly).

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: tested Reply with quote Back to top

this patch should work with all COMBAT SIMULATOR solo multis and give you all cheats and levels WITHOUT needing to input gameshark codes. Campaign levels may not work because they have to be overwritten with code to load into combat simulator as multis Wink. I think that's what you were asking? If you want a regular patch that does not alter anything but cheats menu pm me. ????????? hope I understood your question Laughing

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: tested Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:
this patch should work with all COMBAT SIMULATOR solo multis and give you all cheats and levels WITHOUT needing to input gameshark codes. Campaign levels may not work because they have to be overwritten with code to load into combat simulator as multis Wink. I think that's what you were asking? If you want a regular patch that does not alter anything but cheats menu pm me. ????????? hope I understood your question Laughing

Thanks for answering, mate. So all cheats are available with this patch, but (of course) none are activated, it's up to the player to choose what cheats (if any) (s)he wants to activate? I don't think anyone would want a patch without the cheats available (after all, if they don't want to use the cheats then they can just not activate any of them), but if it's no trouble then can you please make a patch like that available too (all levels, but no cheats available), in case anyone does want it, please?

It's *great* that all single player levels now work in multi-player (I was a bit frustrated with 00dark's patch, when I found out that Deep Sea and at least one other level didn't work in multiplayer), and I can't wait to try it out tomorrow (can't get home before then, and I'm not going to try it on an emulator as I'm frustrated at how less-than-ideal N64 emulation is currently).

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Deep Sea wasn't? Reply with quote Back to top

What levels aren't working in multi and what are they doing EXACTLY?
Sad I'm hacking out a working teleports version of deepsea (PLAYER1 only) for now. It will at least let you play the whole level with another player. I'll try and get a second version of Perfect Darkness out WITHOUT CHEATS / ASAP for you bro. Cool Multi X

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Deep Sea wasn't? Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:
What levels aren't working in multi and what are they doing EXACTLY?
Sad I'm hacking out a working teleports version of deepsea (PLAYER1 only) for now. It will at least let you play the whole level with another player. I'll try and get a second version of Perfect Darkness out WITHOUT CHEATS / ASAP for you bro. Cool Multi X

Oh, as far as I can remember, on a real N64 (with expansion pak, and loading via the Everdrive 64) when using 00dark's patch, two or three levels won't work. Instead when you try to load them, the screen just stays black, and I don't think anything else happens. This definitely happens with Deep Sea, but I can't remember the other one (or two) it happens with. I didn't check the patch with an emulator, so I don't know if it happens there too, but when I get home tomorrow I'll check both on the N64 (and tell you which levels don't work, and what (if anything) happens when you try and load them), and also if the same behaviour is seen on an emulator.

By the way, it would be great if two or more players can play these levels, but as long as one human can play against the sim then I'm happy! Very Happy

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: ahhhhhhhhhh Reply with quote Back to top

That's an Everdrive64 issue bro Wink. May want to report that to the Everdrive team. DeepSea has no issues on Project64 so I would GET USED to playing a little bit more often on PC Wink. Sorry Everdrive glitches those levels though
Sad. That's ridiculous considering you paid about $200 for the EverBEAST. Been wanting to pick one up myself later on in life once my baby girl is about 2 years old, can TALK, and we can place her in a daycare. I want to be sure she can tell me if there's abuse going on now that daycares are quickly becoming more careless with screening their employees. Call it my need to know if I have to KILL you for touching my child. Twisted Evil

BTW: Check in a few minutes for a new post regarding your request Wink

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn ? Do those levels blackout via 64drive too ? I thought Everdrive and 64drive beared little difference (when it comes to playing roms on authentic)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's the roms fault not the devices! It's misemulation that's why it works.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: NO WAY.... without BLUE PRINTS Reply with quote Back to top

Unless the creators of Everdrive64 AND Project64 were able to have an N64 game console developer to help the write the code EXACTLY, you'll never NOT have some sort of small emulation issue. It would be like trying to create your computer EXACTLY without the slightest solder being out of place. Wink SOMEONE steal blueprints for both the N64 console designs AND the programming code THEN you could build a PERFECT emulator.

NOT HAPPENING Cool Be thankful for what you have brothers. I think it's a MIRACLE how close PJ64 comes to the original console. It's a LOT better than NOTHING. Wink

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, and an Everdrive is a lot closer than Project64.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Yeah, and an Everdrive is a lot closer than Project64.

Well there you have it. My point made Wink

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
It's the roms fault not the devices! It's misemulation that's why it works.

I have read that this is the case with Super Mario 64; apparently the fact that the modded versions of SM64 work on emulators but not on a real N64 (regardless of which backup device you use to load it) is down to the fact that the mods use an incorrect memory address or something) that emulators overlook as they aren't accurate enough to catch the flaw, but real N64's crash when they encounter the flaw. Apparently MESS's N64 emulator crashes with SM64 mods, as it should, since this is the only N64 emulator written with total accuracy in mind (all of the others use high level emulation to skip over things in the interests of speed).

It's all down the program used to mod SM64, which creates the incorrect code, since it was only tested on emulators, and hasn't been updated to correct this flaw.

Anyway, this patch (and 00dark's similar patch) both cause the real N64 (PAL, with expansion pak, of course) and Everdrive to crash when loading the levels Deep Sea and Crash Site. I don't know if this is down to the Everdrive, or to the fact that there's a difference between the emulated N64 and the real N64, but I'm leaning towards the latter, as to the best of my knowledge, the Everdrive 64 can't produce any difference from loading the same game from cartridge, as as far as the N64 can tell there's no difference at all between reading from a cartridge and reading from the ED64's RAM back that contains the loaded ROM image (and certainly every game I've tried has worked fine, and I've seen no posts about incompatibilities on the two ED64 forums I know of (

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?110-Everdrive-64

and

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0).

As I mention below, I tried to get the same behaviour (refusing to load Deep Sea and Crash site) on Project 64, but it didn't crash at all. I thought I'd given MESS N64 a go, as I thought that that would be a better indicator. But no matter what I tried, I could not get the GUI version of MESS to recognise the N64's ROM (the nonsensical (to me, at least) error message was no help), so I tried the command line version. I got Super Mario 64 to work, but when I tried Perfect Dark, it didn't find an expansion pak, and I couldn't find the command line argument to put in an expansion pack, and eventually I gave up, as I wanted to post about the crashes.

If anyone more skilled than me can test this modded version of Perfect Dark with MESS's N64 emulator, then please post here with the results and let us know if the levels Deep Sea and Crash Site load or just hang at a black screen.

The following is a copy + paste of my post in the other thread. Mods, please allow this as I think the information is relevent to both threads.

Thanks for this it's great, although it doesn't work on some levels (on a real PAL N64 + expansion pak + Everdrive 64).

I was using (of course) patch 3, the file "03 All_Solos_in_combat_simulator_and_ALL CHEATS.xdelta", with Perfect Dark v1.1 (U), with no cheats enabled by me. The levels that don't work are;

Crash Site (won't load, the screen just stays black),
Deep Sea (won't load, the screen just stays black),
Area 51 (loads, but crashed mid game),
Carrington Villa (loads, but crashed mid game).

All other levels have been OK, during the short time I've tested them.

I've used the other patch (http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=240) and this also refuses to load Crash Site or Deep Sea. There were no crashes in other levels when I tried it (Carrington Villa and Area 51 didn't crash), but I didn't test it for long, so unless that patch is radically different from yours then I'd imagine it would crash on these levels given time.

I tried to replicate the crashes/refusal to load on your build of Project 64, but with no success (or rather, no failure!), as PJ64 loaded up Deep Sea and Crash Site, and didn't crash on any level.

Regarding the problem of PD crashing with Deep Sea, and your problem of making the teleport spots work in multiplayer, how about if you instead only used part of Deep Sea? Say you only use the part of the level up until the first teleport, and don't load the rest of the level into memory at all. Also, don't include the doors (so all doors/doorways are always open). This would take up less of the N64's RAM during gameplay, and might result in the game loading on a real N64, plus would make the game more interesting in that people would spend less time looking for opponents (as they do when a map is too big or long). You could do this with Datadyne Research, too, and others.

Ideally, if you could divide a map up (if the map is large enough to need this, so Chicago Stealth, for example, would stay as one map as it's small enough already), then if you could make both parts available for selection in the Combat Simulator setup menu then that would be fantastic. I.e., instead of 'Deep Sea', you'd have "Deep Sea - first part" and "Deep Sea - second part" as two separately selectable maps. Of course the weapons and ammo pickup placements would need to be re-thought out, but this could be very good, if it's possible.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's a problem with the ROM, not the everdrive 64. It acts the same as a cart would. The fact that an emulator can play it, just means its emulated incorrectly (although beneficially). It's probably got a small error, such as a divide by zero on a door value. Or could be too many textures/objects, not sure. It takes some deleting until find out whats wrong, likely an object in setup, or pad outside level.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: give me a list Reply with quote Back to top

someone give me a list of the levels that won't load, have errors, etc. One thing I found is if you don't COMPLETELY wipe out path presets and their leftover components it can cause problems. I did the same thing with goldeneye legend. The levels load faster too. Wink It's like leaving OPEN PROGRAMS inside your level that the game can't use due to missing elements and they are unnecessary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: